Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
insitu charging
588 2 2018-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moldy01
New

United States

As a major part of our fleet, we employ the M600.  We are in need of an "Insitu" charging method.  That is, we are looking for a method to land the M600 on a pad, and charge the batteries while sitting there.  

There are several answers out there, but it occurs to me that the M600's system is set up slightly differently.  The 6 batteries are divided into 2 sets of 3.  Each set of 3 is connect in parallel (no problem, easy to connect to and charge in place, right??), however these 2 sets are connected in series which now creates some issues.

Does anyone have thoughts on how to accomplish this?  That is, land the M600 on a pad, and without removing the batteries, have them charge, keeping the M600 in a "Ready" state.  

Basically, there are two types of charging tables available today.  One type has a special foot, that connnects directly to the pad, with wiring that goes up to the batteries in question.  The other type has an OC (Onboard Charger) that attaches to the batteries in question, with an Rx coil attach also to the OC.  When the Rx coil is in the proximity of the Tx coil (inside of the charging pad), thus magnetically coupled, charging can happen wirelessly.  

With the setup described above, this would only be possible by disconnecting the bridge between the 2 sets (i.e. uncoupling the series connection), and charging the two sets separately.

Thanks in advance,

Mitch
2018-3-22
Use props
sftmthd
lvl.2

interesting project. the good news is that the 6s batteries dji uses must have the balancing circuitry inside them, since they only plug in with two connectors. With the props off, I’d experiment with applying 25 volts DC at low amperage to the power bus of each set of 3 batteries. it might slightly charge each battery and hopefully not release the magic smoke from other components.
2018-3-22
Use props
Moldy01
New

United States

sftmthd Posted at 2018-3-22 15:38
interesting project. the good news is that the 6s batteries dji uses must have the balancing circuitry inside them, since they only plug in with two connectors. With the props off, I’d experiment with applying 25 volts DC at low amperage to the power bus of each set of 3 batteries. it might slightly charge each battery and hopefully not release the magic smoke from other components.

I'm worried about the PDB.  You see, attaching to either side means that  you're "Partially" attached to the other as well.  So, depending upon how the PDB handles it, you could be pushing the 25V backwards on that other side, or at least inside of the PDB.  If I find out for sure, I'll post here.
2018-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules