Flight distance : 90522 ft
Canada

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2018-3-22
Use props
Kevin79
Second Officer
Flight distance : 270899 ft

So ummm what do you want? You want DJI to apologize because they stated you crashed on the 2nd or 3rd flight as opposed to your 4th? Does that change anything? As you said, the crash was pilot error, doesn’t matter if it was the 1st flight or the 1000th, its not going to be covered. Take the discounted repair, learn, and move on.
2018-3-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Kevin79 Posted at 2018-3-22 13:14
So ummm what do you want? You want DJI to apologize because they stated you crashed on the 2nd or 3rd flight as opposed to your 4th? Does that change anything? As you said, the crash was pilot error, doesn’t matter if it was the 1st flight or the 1000th, its not going to be covered. Take the discounted repair, learn, and move on.

You have taken the words out of my mouth ;-)
2018-3-22
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I'm sorry for your loss, but I can't for the life of me understand why this is DJI's fault! You openly admitted you crashed the drone into salt water, DJI in my opinion offered you a generous discount on your next purchase, which in my thought DJI should be commend on not chastised over. Sorry fella but the fault lies with you and your expectations.  
2018-3-22
Use props
chris_ying
lvl.2

M2Wair Posted at 2018-3-22 13:29
I'm sorry for your loss, but I can't for the life of me understand why this is DJI's fault! You openly admitted you crashed the drone into salt water, DJI in my opinion offered you a generous discount on your next purchase, which in my thought DJI should be commend on not chastised over. Sorry fella but the fault lies with you and your expectations.

Please read it through, DJI claimed the drone crashed due to pilot error does NOT mean I openly admitted it. Also, the discount is for repair fee NOT next purchase.

DJI made an obviously incorrect review and just closed my case.
I would call it "irresponsible" rather than "generous".

2018-3-22
Use props
chris_ying
lvl.2

Kevin79 Posted at 2018-3-22 13:14
So ummm what do you want? You want DJI to apologize because they stated you crashed on the 2nd or 3rd flight as opposed to your 4th? Does that change anything? As you said, the crash was pilot error, doesn’t matter if it was the 1st flight or the 1000th, its not going to be covered. Take the discounted repair, learn, and move on.

Sorry I've never said the crash was pilot error. I said my drone lost balance after takeoff and I didn't blame it on hardware malfunction since I got no evidence.
I just want to share my experience, that's it.
2018-3-22
Use props
Kevin79
Second Officer

chris_ying Posted at 2018-3-22 14:37
Sorry I've never said the crash was pilot error. I said my drone lost balance after takeoff and I didn't blame it on hardware malfunction since I got no evidence. I just want to share my experience, that's it.

Yes, you literally did say the crash was pilot error...

"My pilot error is NOT an excuse for DJI's terrible customer service."

"Yes, it was in low battery and I cancelled return to home because the ground was covered in salt water...."

It's great to share you experiences, but I honestly don't know what more you were expecting. They are offering you a discount on your repairs which goes above and beyond what they are obligated to do in your case in my opinion.

2018-3-22
Use props
chris_ying
lvl.2

2018-3-22
Use props
chris_ying
lvl.2

Kevin79 Posted at 2018-3-22 14:42
Yes, you literally did say the crash was pilot error...

"My pilot error is NOT an excuse for DJI's terrible customer service."

You do realize there were 4 flight logs on that day and low battery was on my second flight, right?
2018-3-22
Use props
Kevin79
Second Officer

chris_ying Posted at 2018-3-22 15:07
You do realize there were 4 flight logs on that day and low battery was on my second flight, right?

I just saw you have a whole other thread about this in which multiple individuals tried to help you but you refused to post your flight logs that would have helped in determining if the crash was pilot error or a malfunction.

I'm done, obviously you are just here to rant and not looking for anyone to help you. I guess you just expected DJI to ship you a brand new drone.
2018-3-22
Use props
chris_ying
lvl.2

Kevin79 Posted at 2018-3-22 15:58
I just saw you have a whole other thread about this in which multiple individuals tried to help you but you refused to post your flight logs that would have helped in determining if the crash was pilot error or a malfunction.

I'm done, obviously you are just here to rant and not looking for anyone to help you. I guess you just expected DJI to ship you a brand new drone.

I appreciate your help but your help won't improve their customer service. About the other thread, I did take one guy's advice and post two flight logs. The other guy asked me to upload my flight logs on a sketchy website flooded with ads and I refused.
Any pilot error or hardware malfunction is NOT an excuse for terrible customer service. I've never expected to get a new drone because we both know that won't happen.

2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Chris, I am terribly sorry for your unpleasant experience. Since you mentioned that the drone crashed on the second flight due to the pilot error, please kindly note that the performance of the drone is not able to be assured after crash/damage, we don't recommend continue flying it, and the accident afterwards would not provide the warranty service.
For your complaint about the reply of our supervisor, I will forward your situation again to the local team, will have them to contact you soon. For the customer service, we will also report all our customers' feedback to the designated department to do our best to improve and develop our service. Sorry again for your difficulties and hope your kind understanding on our Aftersales policy.
2018-3-22
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

2018-3-23
Use props
chris_ying
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-22 19:28
Chris, I am terribly sorry for your unpleasant experience. Since you mentioned that the drone crashed on the second flight due to the pilot error, please kindly note that the performance of the drone is not able to be assured after crash/damage, we don't recommend continue flying it, and the accident afterwards would not provide the warranty service.
For your complaint about the reply of our supervisor, I will forward your situation again to the local team, will have them to contact you soon. For the customer service, we will also report all our customers' feedback to the designated department to do our best to improve and develop our service. Sorry again for your difficulties and hope your kind understanding on our Aftersales policy.

Please kindly note that the drone did NOT crash on the second flight.
"On the second flight, it was in low battery and I cancelled return to home because the ground was covered in salt water and I had to do palm landing, that's why I walked to the drone and the flight logs ends in 1.3m height. The drone successfully landed on my palm in the end of second flight."
It's your evaluation mentioned the drone crashed on the second flight due to the pilot error, while your supervisor told me the drone crashed on the third flight in our last conversion.
I'm expecting a final version on the data reviews with detailed explanation, not some 20% discount. It's been 3 business days since your supervisor promised me to send further explanation.

2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

chris_ying Posted at 2018-3-23 05:36
Please kindly note that the drone did NOT crash on the second flight.
"On the second flight, it was in low battery and I cancelled return to home because the ground was covered in salt water and I had to do palm landing, that's why I walked to the drone and the flight logs ends in 1.3m height. The drone successfully landed on my palm in the end of second flight."
It's your evaluation mentioned the drone crashed on the second flight due to the pilot error, while your supervisor told me the drone crashed on the third flight in our last conversion.

Chris, the Management is still reviewing your case. There might be some delay due to the weekend, we will keep follow up as well.
2018-3-23
Use props
chris_ying
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-23 18:47
Chris, the Management is still reviewing your case. There might be some delay due to the weekend, we will keep follow up as well.
I'm wondering if my case is still under review or it's been closed again.
It's been a whole WEEK and so far I've got ZERO reply from your management.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

chris_ying Posted at 2018-3-29 06:11
I'm wondering if my case is still under review or it's been closed again.
It's been a whole WEEK and so far I've got ZERO reply from your management.

Hi Chris, sorry for the lack of response in the last week, I have checked the case that you have requested to return the drone unrepaired and the drone has been shipped out, we have forwarded your frustration to the appropriate team to look into again, thanks for your patience.
2018-3-30
Use props
chris_ying
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-30 03:07
Hi Chris, sorry for the lack of response in the last week, I have checked the case that you have requested to return the drone unrepaired and the drone has been shipped out, we have forwarded your frustration to the appropriate team to look into again, thanks for your patience.

March 21: Your management team called me and PROMISED me that he would send me the latest result of data review and detailed explanation.

March 22: CSR Venencio emailed me that you had received my request to return the drone.

March 23: Admin Susan replied me the Management was still reviewing my case.

March 29: CSR Alvin emailed me that my case was CLOSED again due to my request to return the drone.

Where is the final result of data review? Where is the detailed explanation? You made the promise and just forgot it?

2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

chris_ying Posted at 2018-3-30 10:43
March 21: Your management team called me and PROMISED me that he would send me the latest result of data review and detailed explanation.

March 22: CSR Venencio emailed me that you had received my request to return the drone.

Chris, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our customer support and all the trouble that has been caused, we have related team who will keep following up your case and the investigation will be made to find out the what happened. We will have someone to contact you soon, thanks for your patience very much.
2018-3-31
Use props
Arnon Ophir
lvl.1

United States

The worst customer service is an understatement ,a  bunch of incompetent careless  MORONS  , that's what you get for buying  a
Chinese product .   
2018-10-1
Use props
Arnon Ophir
lvl.1

United States

DJI are a Bunch of careless incompetent RETARDS  , spread the word so nobody ever buys their product .
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Arnon Ophir Posted at 2018-10-1 12:13
DJI are a Bunch of careless incompetent RETARDS  , spread the word so nobody ever buys their product .

Arnon, we apologize if you have any unpleasant experience with our customer service, may I have more details of your experience so that we can help, thank you.
2018-10-2
Use props
Raed EL Hajjaoui
New
Flight distance : 147838 ft

Hi . Dji customer support was the most horrible experience I have ever dealt with . "I had a fly away drone" on my new mavic pro 2. It was supposed to return to home but it never did. I sent all the files including flight records. There response was I deleted the flight record could be why I don't have the last flight . When I brought up that I have a video of the first half of the flight accusations and assumptions towards me. " Maybe u deleted the file, maybe you used the another drone or phone or remote " after 1 month wasting my time and efforts providing all that they asked for  going back and forth  still saying they can not help . Complete nonsense . . I understand technical support "completed our investigation" but there needs to be some type of customer service/support. Did not pay that much money for drone and warranty for them to say so sorry basically you deleted ur records . Rude and not helpful. If dji can contact me id greatly appreciate it.
2018-10-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Raed EL Hajjaoui Posted at 2018-10-3 17:47
Hi . Dji customer support was the most horrible experience I have ever dealt with . "I had a fly away drone" on my new mavic pro 2. It was supposed to return to home but it never did. I sent all the files including flight records. There response was I deleted the flight record could be why I don't have the last flight . When I brought up that I have a video of the first half of the flight accusations and assumptions towards me. " Maybe u deleted the file, maybe you used the another drone or phone or remote " after 1 month wasting my time and efforts providing all that they asked for  going back and forth  still saying they can not help . Complete nonsense . . I understand technical support "completed our investigation" but there needs to be some type of customer service/support. Did not pay that much money for drone and warranty for them to say so sorry basically you deleted ur records . Rude and not helpful. If dji can contact me id greatly appreciate it.

Raed, I feel sorry for your loss of the drone, could you please provide me with your case number? I'd help to check the further info in your case. Look forward to your reply.
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules