The "No Problems Whatsoever With My Inspire 1" thread!
12Next >
5120 56 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
talenter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125164 ft
Norway

I am sick and tired of all the negative comments on DJI and the Inspire 1 here on this forum! Time for some positive vibes!

So I just wanted to say the following regarding my Inspire 1:

- I have had no crashes!
- I have had no flyaways!
- I have had no broken connections between machine and remote!
- I have had no problems with the batteries, neither in usage nor charging!
- I have had no problems with updating neither the machine nor the remote!
- I have had no problems with the gimbal!
- I have had no problems with the video or photos taken!
- I have had no problems with DJI!
- I have had no, I repeat NO PROBLEMS at all with my Inspire 1!!!

So I guess there's nothing else to do than go out and fly and have fun with this wonderful machine (and no, I am not sponsored by DJI)!

See Ya!

2015-5-6
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh lord....its only a matter of time now
2015-5-6
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

sbarryjackson@s Posted at 2015-5-7 02:42
Oh lord....its only a matter of time now

Yep...One day
2015-5-6
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

Tempting fate
2015-5-6
Use props
peterconquest3
lvl.2

United States

As a Newbie to flying drones I have to say that it's been a wonderful rewarding experience so far. The Inspire 1 has impressed me, and my friends, as well as onlookers. "Wow, it's so stable!" one of my buddy's who flies RC choppers exclaimed. My neighbors love the video footage I've shared with them of their homes. As a serious photographer hobbyist, it's the most amazing missing piece of equipment in my camera bag... well, if only it would fit in my camera bag!

My only mishap was totally a newbie pilot error... I had set the RTH to the bottom of my driveway at take-off. I walked to the top of my driveway during flight & I thought I pressed the set RTH to the new location. But upon pressing the RTH button, the bird took off straight up to 60 feet (as it should) and headed for the bottom of my driveway... but just barely missing some really tall trees. I was not yet proficient enough to re-take control (as I now know how to do) to avoid the trees by a wider margin. So it was scary for sure... but as I ran down my driveway in panic, the Inspire was calmly landing in it's original take-off spot, just as it should have. DJI's amazing technology had saved my bird.

That was just two weeks ago, and I have learned a lot since then. I reset my RTH altitude to 80 feet.  I make sure to verify that the controller takes a new RTH point before activating the function, and through practice I now am a better pilot, and can easily abort RTH and take manual control if it's needed. I can confidently land in manual mode now too, when I want to. But the auto-landing feature works great when I want to let the Inspire do it for me.

Now I'm focusing on refining my piloting skills to be a better, smoother ariel photographer... and here's my first edited flight video after only a dozen or so flights... Video   (Please note: This video may not play in all broswers. If it does not play for you, copy the link and try in another broswer.)

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 10.55.03 AM.jpg
My 1st video was so much fun to make! I still need to improve a lot with smooth motion and manual exposure, but I'm happy with just how quickly a complete RC pilot amateur like me can learn to fly one of these and get pretty good first time results!  I had an RC chopper a few years ago and very quickly gave up on it after several initial crashes. The Inspire is a professional level machine that will now go with me on my travels as much as possible.

Fly safe... It's the journey, not the destination.

2015-5-6
Use props
talenter
lvl.3
Norway

IF something should happen you can be rest assured I will never post anything about it in this forum. After all I have my pride!!!
2015-5-6
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Same for me , none of the problems others are having or have had ... Both older phantoms and the inspire 1 working great as usual !
2015-5-6
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

talenter@online Posted at 2015-5-7 04:31
IF something should happen you can be rest assured I will never post anything about it in this forum ...

A man after my own heart.
You would never hear a word from me either! hahaha
Safe flights man, just keep playing it smart and you will be just fine.
2015-5-6
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

China

No major problems here, just pilot error... Loving this machine, just not the attention it brings flying in public....
2015-5-6
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

IF something should happen you can be rest assured I will never post anything about it in this forum ...

well i thought i was lucky to have one bird with no problems... but then i was wrong! two days ago i almost lost my bird, it went crazy so anything can happen at any time you fly it... just have to be ready for that momen.
2015-5-6
Use props
woodielb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

Im in, works as it's supposed to, no problems, love it.
2015-5-6
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

No Problems here. Flawless!
2015-5-6
Use props
adrian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1751102 ft
United Kingdom

Same here, just enjoying the buzz... Long may it continue...
2015-5-6
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

I felt this way once and maybe in 5 to 6 weeks from my "check in" date, I will feel that way again.
2015-5-7
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

How'd your update go??
2015-5-7
Use props
dshanesmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 920577 ft
United States

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-7 19:06
Good news guys. Its good that feedback that is coming out of these forums is having such a positive  ...

Did we confirm that it was just the iPad or is it the particular iOS on any device ex. 8.1, 8.2, 8.3...?
2015-5-7
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Owned mine since January, no problems at all aside from a few App crashes
2015-5-7
Use props
talenter
lvl.3
Norway

darmino Posted at 2015-5-7 22:08
Everything is good until its not, your attitude will change dramatically as mine did.

That's exactly the kind of negativity I hate in this forum. Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean that others will. Of course I know that nothing in life is perfect but if we all just go around waiting for an accident happening, life would be intolerable.
2015-5-7
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

talenter@online Posted at 2015-5-8 01:20
That's exactly the kind of negativity I hate in this forum. Just because you had a bad experience d ...

Really? Why don't you ask the guys on here who just updated...again..and see what bugs exist in the 'newest' SW/FW updates. I guess its not too much too ask DJI to attempt to debug these programs before posting them eh?
2015-5-7
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree.  I got my Inspire on January 15th, have just over 50 hours of flight time and it has all been good so far.  A few dropped connections/loss of video, but never loss of control.  Everyone I speak with, I tell that to date the Inspire has exceeded my expectations. No regrets with the 4k I've spent on the craft, batteries and tablets.  The images, videos and assorted deliverables that can be generated are amazing.
2015-5-7
Use props
talenter
lvl.3
Norway

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-8 01:52
Really? Well lets hope it doesn't happen to you. Why don't you try the fail safe return to home fu ...

Noticed the smiley at the end of my last entry?
2015-5-7
Use props
robbie_gilmore
lvl.2

United States

No problems whatsoever.  Awesome flying machine and an adequate camera.  Just ready for some of the features that were  promoted early on .  I have had a little problem with the firmware updates but mainly because of my computer skills.   With this most recent from where I can't seem to find the IMU  calibration.
I am sorry if it was already stated in the fridge but I can't seem to find it .
2015-5-7
Use props
woodielb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-8 01:52
Really? Well lets hope it doesn't happen to you. Why don't you try the fail safe return to home fu ...

Ok, here's my update on the RTH function. After a flawless install of the latest firmware on the I1, controller & both batteries, went out & flew both batteries down to the critical (in my case 10%) low battery level. Cancelled the RTH one time, let it auto land. During 2nd flight, walked 200m from takeoff point, reset home point to controller, initiated a RTH. Came back to the new home point & landed softly. Every function worked exactly as it should have. Will it always do that? Who knows.

But:

Here's a thread started expressly for people with positive experiences to post them. YET, you (among others)  can't resist coming here to post your dire warnings, negativity, predictions of doom. Not enough negative threads for you? Therapist on vacation this week? Why can't people let anything positive to be said?
2015-5-7
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just posted in another topic that we needed a topic like this. LOL. So happy to see so many HAPPY PILOTS. Refreshing for a change.
2015-5-7
Use props
talenter
lvl.3
Norway

That was my intention with this thread. All is not dark an grumpy in the world of multirotors!
2015-5-8
Use props
klute
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45278055 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Everything is 100%. All problems I'v had is my own fault so far. Done every stupid mistake in the book from crashing to start updating firmware on the bird with RC powered on. Lots of beeping but no results.
I love my bird.
2015-5-8
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

What started off as such a lovely thread, marred by the ranters and naysayers. Since this thread is now soiled, any objections to me having a rant about how unperfect my world is?:@:@:@
2015-5-8
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Zero problems so far with the exception of one newbie-pilot incident that resulted in a hard landing, somersault, broken props and separation of the camera and gimbal from the aircraft.  To DJI's credit there was absolutely NO damage to the Inspire or camera - after painstaking cleanup, prop replacement, and careful reassembly, IMU and compass recalibrations it has flown perfectly ever since.  A less robust craft would have needed repair.  All firmware updates have proceeded without incident.  And I continue to be amazed at the capabilities of this remarkable quad.

I absolutely do believe it's important to carefully read the threads about problems so you know what to avoid and can learn about best practices, or be warned of any potentially serious problems that emerge in firmware.  But we sure do need a reminder now and then that there are LOTS of people all having a great time and shooting terrific video and photographs without any trouble at all.
2015-5-8
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

talenter..I am a pilot with both positive and negative experiences.My positives are...well...awesome.This bird has brought a new chapter to my life.I am a heavy rigger.I have installed linear accelerators for a couple of decades.Back breaking work but for a good cause.These linear accelerators treat cancer patients with radiation..The machines are very heavy..because of that..so are the tools.I am crawling up there in age..49..Will not be physically able to rely on rigging for income..I have had my eyes on other ways to make money...Having been in and around the RC business almost all of my life,I jumped at the chance to make money in aerial photography.I love it!!..Wiping away the complacency alone has been a blessing....Tapping into my creative side has been an eye opener...Everyday I think of something new and cool to do with my bird and camera..My goal is to become pro...Still walking prior to running..Learning more and more everyday....I will leave my gripes off of this thread..I have made them known..No need to beat a dead horse...Having said that,I will say that since the beginning of this journey I have come to love,more and more this community as a whole...After visiting this forum,each day, I logout feeling smarter...That alone is a bonus...Need all that I can get..I am not saying that DJI improved my life...the p2 just happened to be available at the right time...Glad that I found it...Yes I would buy another dji product..At this time it would only be the P2 Zenmuse Gimbal..My current P2 has become quite the Buttpucker Free Turnkey Workhorse...I have a shoot coming up at Lake Lanier this weekend..I am happy with my decision to take this direction in my life.   
2015-5-8
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Yeah..I know..This is an inspire thread....Maybe my post will inspire someone.
2015-5-8
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

peterconquest3 Posted at 2015-5-7 03:15
As a Newbie to flying drones I have to say that it's been a wonderful rewarding experience so far. T ...

Hi Peter.

An absolutely brilliant video my friend, are you sure you're not a pro?

Love the RV start and finish, adds a great bit of story telling. By the way, I don't think I could get your RV down most of the roads around me here in Norfolk, UK.

Keep up the great photo/videography and enjoy every moment of that wonderful landscape.

Regards.
Muzzy.
2015-5-8
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

I absolutely love my Inspire. I have had the odd niggle but nothing that I have not been able to sort out with lots of reading and help from people here on the forums.  I am an electro mechanical engineer by trade and my job requires me to approach everything in a methodical fashion.  I dont fly with partially discharged batteries, I dont fly near trees, I dont fly way out over water.  I am anal about setting my home points and RTH altitudes.  My batteries are numbered and rotated. I could go on and on.
I appreciate that others have problems that are beyond thier control and I truly sympathise.  However I also read so many stories of people flying into trees or flying well beyond VLOS and running into trouble, well sorry, you wont get any sympathy here from me.  If you choose to risk a £3K investment by doing such things, then good luck to you.  You obviously have more money than sense.
For me, this has started me on a great hobby.  The flying, the photography, the post processing, all new to me.  I am absolutely loving the whole experience and I wish the british weather would improve a bit to let me fly more.  I have had nothing but great service and correspondance from DJI  ( I bought direct) even when they initially sent me the wrong controller with my order.
I have zero regrets purchasing this amazing machine.

Great positive thread Talenter.

Jason
2015-5-8
Use props
peterconquest3
lvl.2

United States

Muzzy Posted at 2015-5-8 20:52
Hi Peter.

An absolutely brilliant video my friend, are you sure you're not a pro?

Thanks Muzzy, very kind of you. And thanks too for "pro" designation. Truth is I was a professional video producer, and photographer most of my life... and still dabble in it from time-to-time. But my Inspire 1 is my new hobby, and I'm loving it!

Yeah, the RV shown in the video is a monster to get in & out of the driveway... and at 45ft long it is even prohibited on some of California's roads. I took the overhead shots of it going in & out of the driveway to show the town how much room (turning radius) is required... as they want me to get rid of the gravel beside my driveway and plant grass. But unfortunately that would mean I can't drive my RV in & out. It would also mean fire trucks would have issues. Anyway, it's an on-going battle with city hall!

Please send me some links to your videos... love to see them too!  peterconquest3@yahoo.com.

- Best,
Pete

2015-5-8
Use props
magstripe
lvl.1

Sweden

Im still super excited every time i take it out for a spin.
Love this bird, had some update problems but fixed them all and it works perfect again..
So i can only say WOW!!

Hopefully i dont get any fly aways or other problems, but for now im really pleased with it.
Had it for 3 months now and still enjoy every flight like it would be my first =)

Great videos, and nice pictures and fun just to fly around with..
2015-5-13
Use props
kinsonlai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69662 ft
Hong Kong

I love my i1 too, haven't had too many issues with it other than the occasional calibration error - I'm guessing this is due to where I live.  No flyaways but the occasional GPS signal loss and the bird would start drifting in the wind, nothing a little control on the stick couldn't fix.  It worked perfectly fine in Macau and Tasmania though, incredibly stable.

The only other thing is I got a dead battery after 7 cycles, LED 4 blinks twice when I plug it in to charge - and doesn't charge no matter what I do.  (And for the record its about 30C here)
Good news is DJI promised me a new battery so I am all happy with that.
2015-5-13
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I love my Inspire-One...  Despite some minor issues ..When someone posts some negative experience if you are in love ,,,it is like someone saying your "sweetheart" is ugly!! People take it personally. Just because my machine has been stable does not mean everyone will have the same experience. I appreciate negative experiences because i learn more from them !. It lets me examine this wonderful platform with a critical eye and not whitewash her deficiencies.

Most people buy these machines knowing they are going to love them. When it crashes or misbehaves it is heartbreaking!  
2015-5-13
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

Have had some issues but worked throught them love to fly rather than dwell on the negative,  gotta go batteries are charged.
2015-5-13
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

"That's exactly the kind of negativity I hate in this forum. Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean that others will. "

And just because you haven't (YET) does not mean those who have suffered losses due to DJI failures are "negative". You will feel different when you watch your Inspire crash due to a faulty product and then realize that DJI will refuse to respond to your emails and leave you hanging with zero communication for weeks on end. I suppose in your delusional world that is entirely acceptable.
2015-5-13
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here!!!   UNTIL the latest firmware now this thing won't take at all and I can't even get it to enter transport mode! After the previous update I was flying with no issues (While prior I had various issues)
I wish you continued success like I had...But like some posters are saying "It's only a matter of time"
2015-5-13
Use props
talenter
lvl.3
Norway

jhogge Posted at 2015-5-14 04:27
"That's exactly the kind of negativity I hate in this forum. Just because you had a bad experience d ...

Contrary to your observations my world is not a delusional one. Sorry for being happy about a very exciting and working piece of equipment!
2015-5-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules