Click, click down goes the P4P
1274 10 2018-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Malolojoe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 312844 ft
United States

Well I did it… After work, finally above freezing, suns out, family not around, a quick after work flight around the hood.

Click, click down goes the P4P. My stupid a$$ didn’t get far enough out of the yard and hit a thin bare oak tree branch. Obsidian down in the white snow…  Two props snapped, hubs in place, one motor through the snow into the mud.

Right or wrong, rinsed it off in the kitchen sink and blew it out with compressed air in the garage. Little gritty, extra blow, feels and sounds fine. New set of props, battery switched out, a 2 minute hover and off to 150ft. Flew about 10 minutes.

Seems good. Maybe… my gimble arm a little tweaked? Pics look straight.

2018-3-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Your lucky day!  Spring fever almost got ya.
2018-3-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Eager beaver, got bit by the tree... Haha

Yes, you are lucky. But why are you flying around deadly obstacles?
They will kill your drone faster than anything. Aside from a drowning. ;-)

Where's the video of the crash? Thanks. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2018-3-22
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

lucky you had the snow to end up in. So look on the bright side...um must be one there somewhere.
2018-3-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lucky chap, but we are sadistic, well, i am, wheres the video ;)
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It seems the drone did not suffer too much damage. Please check whether there is an error message in APP. If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact our support from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-23
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Lucky You.

Be aware that the ESC's might have been overloaded because of blocking motors. Just wanna
mention it.
2018-3-23
Use props
fansfe2c9456
lvl.3
United States

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-3-23 02:19
Lucky You.

Be aware that the ESC's might have been overloaded because of blocking motors. Just wanna

I thought DJI now has circuitry so that the motors don't get damaged from the props being stopped by obstacles?  It would be so easy to do...
2018-3-23
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOLA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-3-23 02:19
Lucky You.

I tend to agree with this. I had a crash with my Phantom 3 and it was flipped upside down on the ground. I tried to 'give it the gas' to raise it up (thinking it was still airborne). I ended up replacing the motherboard and all the motors.  Expensive crash.  
2018-3-23
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would have cried also.
2018-3-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Malolo,

You have to have a Hawai'i connection.  But with all the freezing mentioned and other environmental clues, you are not on the Big Island in the current snow storm causing "Winter Warnings" on top of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa.

Good to hear you got your bird up and running.  There are ways to get your gimbal working properly even if it is a bit kapakahi.  Just remember, you have a lot of support here on the Forum.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules