3832 7 2018-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingFREQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36421 ft

United States

Hey there!

I've just bought an Inspire 1 from a friend...

I've tried everything (read through a ton of these threads) with upgrading the firmware and camera. I can't seem to find the right answer. I've tried fixing the IMU and everything as well, but, it still just beeps and beeps at me...

I can't control the camera at all, even with my slave remote, plus... It's not allowing me to disengage into travel mode to store it.

Any thoughts? This is a pretty horrible combo of problems to troubleshoot.

Any help would be huge! Thanks!

- DJ
2018-3-22
Use props
FlyingFREQ
lvl.1

Also... if I remove the camera and gimbal, it still immediately begins to beep in the repeating pattern. Helppppp!
2018-3-22
Use props
FlyingFREQ
lvl.1

Also... if I remove the camera and gimbal, it still immediately begins to beep in the repeating pattern. Helppppp!
2018-3-22
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

Page
UPDATE DJI INSPIRE 1 FIRMWARE – TUTORIALS AND ADVICE

If you own a DJI Inspire 1 you’ve no doubt been impressed with the versatility of the aircraft. However, DJI aren’t slowing down – they are periodically releasing new firmware updates for the Inspire 1 aircraft and remote controller which add functionality, fix bugs and add support for new accessories.

Heliguy have put together this detailed guide to show you how simple it can be to upgrade the firmware on your Inspire 1.

What do I need in order to upgrade the Inspire 1 firmware?

There isn’t much preparation you need to do, but it’s best practice to ensure that you have the following things to hand:

A PC or Mac with stable internet connection.
Fully charged Inspire 1 aircraft.
Fully charged Inspire 1 remote controller.
Micro SD card with at least 300mb of space.
Fully charged mobile device with latest DJI GO app.
60 minutes to process the firmware update.
How do I update the Firmware on my Inspire 1?

Updating the Inspire firmware is similar for all models, the standard Inspire 1, V2, Pro and RAW.

Following the steps below will help you get the latest firmware installed on your aircraft.

Download the very latest firmware from the Inspire 1 Downloads page on the DJI website.
Extract / Unzip the firmware file you’ve downloaded to your desktop.
Within the extracted folder, you will find a .bin file – this file holds the firmware.
Insert the Micro SD card into your PC or Mac to access the files contained on it.
Copy the .bin file you just downloaded from the DJI website to the ‘root’ of your SD card. The root simply means the top-level of the SD card, not within any folders.
Now remove the SD card from your PC or Mac.
Insert the SD card into the Micro SD card slot on the camera used with your Inspire 1, this can be the Zenmuse X3 (Inspire 1 or Inspire 1 V2), Zenmuse X5 (Inspire 1 Pro) or Zenmuse X5R (Inspire 1 RAW) depending on the model of Inspire you own.
Ensure your Inspire 1 remote control is switched off.
Power on the Inspire 1 aircraft.
The firmware update will now begin. While the update is being processed, you may see the gimbal move on the Inspire 1, lights flashing or beeping sounds. This is part of the upgrade process, so don’t be alarmed.
The update will take some time between 3 and 10 minutes to complete.
How can I update the firmware on my Inspire 1 Remote Controller?

Updating the firmware on the remote controller for you inspire needs a slightly different process. Please ensure that both your remote and the relevant mobile device are fully charged before you attempt this firmware upgrade.

Ensure that the Inspire 1 aircraft is switched off.
Connect the remote controller to your mobile phone or tablet using a USB cable.
Power on the remote controller as normal.
Open the DJI Go app on your phone or tablet.
Tap the ‘Camera’ button to enter camera view.
Tap the ‘General Settings’ icon in the top right hand corner of the app which looks like three bullet point lines.
In the new ‘General Settings’ window on screen, tap the ‘About’ option at the very bottom of the list.
Important – If the current RC firmware version is listed as older than v1.3.00 then you’ll need to update it using a Micro SD card – a tutorial for which can be found here. Please do not follow the remaining steps if your current RC firmware is below V1.3.00!
If the current RC firmware version is listed as v1.3.00 or newer then you can continue the tutorial by heading back to the camera screen on your DJI GO app.
Click the big status bar at the top of the screen.
From the ‘Aircraft State’ window that appears, tap the ‘Overall Status’ option.
You will be shown a message saying ‘RC require upgrade’. Click the ‘Download firmware’ option underneath this message.
A progress bar will show you how much of the download has been completed.
When the firmware has been downloaded, just click the ‘Start to Upgrade’ option which has now appeared.
The firmware on the remote will be upgraded. While this is happening a blue light will appear on the remote. It may flash or beep during the upgrade, but don’t worry, it’s part of the update process.
Once the Status LED on the remote has changed to a solid green light the firmware update is complete.
The DJI Go app will also show an ‘RC upgrade completed’ prompt.
There you go – the firmware on your remote is now up to date.

Restart the remote, aircraft and DJI GO app to launch everything with updated firmware and perhaps even some new features!
2018-3-22
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

The above is copied from a online tutorial, the camera and ad card have to be installed on the aircraft for the update to take place and complete. To unlock travel mode    You have to go into the Go app under aircraft status and enter or exit travel mode option.
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

FlyingFREQ Posted at 2018-3-22 21:32

Please connect your RC with app and provide a screenshot of the firmware info in the general setting- about. What is the color of the indicator of your RC? Thanks for your support.
2018-3-22
Use props
Alex_Law_P4
lvl.2
United States

Try linking the RC andthe Aircraft together.
2018-3-23
Use props
FlyingFREQ
lvl.1

Hey guys!

So... I got it all updated... had to do the right order to things with relinking the remote and aircraft.

I got it flying, had one successful round, then... the cold air in the mountains drained the battery from 40% to 0% and it emergency landed on a mountain side.

I went to the last location it said it was at, but no drone was there...

Any suggestions or help?

I just got it
2018-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules