Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_joEN92mJG9O6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 991 ft

Hi.

On my first real flight (with RC) yesterday, the following happened :

I used 'rocket' mode to get to 90m.
I stopped the return after the shot was finished so I could look around a bit at that height.

I switched to tripod mode and a few seconds later the motor buzzing stopped and the spark fell like a brick to earth.

One arm is broken and the battery ejected into a pond on ground impact (the spark 'landed' 1m next to it.)

The flight records just end in 90m height.

It was the first flight and I am really disappointed now.

I opened a case with Dji and let you know what happens.

2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry for the accident. I would recommend you provide them flight records to locate the problem. If you have doubt in the case, please post the case number here and inform us.
2018-3-23
Use props
djiuser_joEN92mJG9O6
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi. My case is CAS-1578169-Z0X4G6 and I understand that I will be notified if I get a shipping label or not. I accepted to provide flight records.

I find it a bit weird that it's supposed to be a 'repair' while there is certainly not much to repair, especially since the drone is less than a week old.

I will give an update as soon as there are news.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_joEN92mJG9O6 Posted at 2018-3-23 01:56
Hi. My case is CAS-1578169-Z0X4G6 and I understand that I will be notified if I get a shipping label or not. I accepted to provide flight records.

Thanks for your update. I think our designated department will take a good care of your drone. Please wait patiently.
2018-3-23
Use props
djiuser_joEN92mJG9O6
lvl.1
Netherlands

I received a shipping label to send in the spark. I'll keep you posted.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_joEN92mJG9O6 Posted at 2018-3-23 07:52
I received a shipping label to send in the spark. I'll keep you posted.

We'll keep following up as well. You can also check the case status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
2018-3-23
Use props
djiuser_joEN92mJG9O6
lvl.1
Netherlands

The spark has now arrived at the repair facility in NL, according to UPS. I'm waiting for a confirmation by Dji. I'll let you know how it continues...
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_joEN92mJG9O6 Posted at 2018-3-28 01:34
The spark has now arrived at the repair facility in NL, according to UPS. I'm waiting for a confirmation by Dji. I'll let you know how it continues...

It will take some time to unpack the package and check it in our system, then the damage assessment will be made, we will send you email about every step, thanks for your patience.
2018-3-28
Use props
djiuser_joEN92mJG9O6
lvl.1
Netherlands

I got informed that the repair is free of charge. The only unclear thing is if the battery (fell into lake on crash) will also be replaced. I replied to the mail, let's see. Very happy so far
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_joEN92mJG9O6 Posted at 2018-4-2 23:29
I got informed that the repair is free of charge. The only unclear thing is if the battery (fell into lake on crash) will also be replaced. I replied to the mail, let's see. Very happy so far

The designated team will take care of the battery, no worries. We'll keep an eye on the status as well until this is addressed out.
2018-4-3
Use props
djiuser_joEN92mJG9O6
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi. I was told to open a new case for the battery, which I did. The number is CAS-1624006-P4T8N6

Now I received a UPS label to send in damaged parts, but as I said (5 times by now) that's not possible because the battery is GONE. My drone was repaired (CAS-1578169-Z0X4G6) but I still have no replacement battery.  Just send me one, I feel this is getting unnecessary complicated. Please advise
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_joEN92mJG9O6 Posted at 2018-4-4 03:07
Hi. I was told to open a new case for the battery, which I did. The number is CAS-1624006-P4T8N6

Now I received a UPS label to send in damaged parts, but as I said (5 times by now) that's not possible because the battery is GONE. My drone was repaired (CAS-1578169-Z0X4G6) but I still have no replacement battery.  Just send me one, I feel this is getting unnecessary complicated. Please advise

Sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused, we have escalated your case to the support team to look into, please allow us some time to make it right, thanks for your patience.
2018-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules