2230 11 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nscheffer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2078563 ft
France

Hi,

I did my first indoor fligth last week and I really discover that you don't have any assistance to avoid the Inspire 1 to ride...
Video is self explanatory :

As a summary be carreful with indoor flight !!!

Regards

Nicolas

2015-5-6
Use props
Mistician
lvl.2

United States

I read your description before watching but I was not expecting the impact and crash. That was very painful to watch, especially since I've been through it myself. Is your Bird alright? Will it have to be sent in to DJI for repairs?
2015-5-6
Use props
nscheffer
lvl.3
France

It seems to be ok, only 4x props broken, some scratch to different area but very small...
I am going to send it to DJI for check, it's more safe.
2015-5-6
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

Did you make any touch to the sticks?
My guess is that the video positioning system got lot when you turned the lights off : it could not see the ground (which was probably not very contrasty by the way) really well.
2015-5-6
Use props
nscheffer
lvl.3
France

You are right, thanks i din't realize that when the light was off (it's an automatic system) my Inspire 1 was lost !!!
Thanks.
2015-5-6
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.2
United States

Just so you know if you send it in for a check up you will be without it for more than a month. They are slow. Mine has been in for 2 weeks today and they haven't even looked at it yet...
2015-5-6
Use props
Mistician
lvl.2

United States

eaglecook Posted at 2015-5-7 07:04
Just so you know if you send it in for a check up you will be without it for more than a month. They ...

I agree with eaglecook, the safest route is sending the unit in but you will sacrifice more than a month with it. My unit was just shipped from DJI L.A. after almost 50 days away for a repair. If the only visible damage is the props, it might be worth it to simply buy a new set and do some test configurations and flights on your own. If missing half the summer without your drone is no problem, then definitely send it in.
2015-5-6
Use props
napaevan
New
Flight distance : 1806880 ft
United States

Yea i learned recently also that the "indoor" sonar autopilot ability is very very poor.  Almost got me and the I1 in a bunch of trouble.  Won't try that again.
2015-5-7
Use props
nscheffer
lvl.3
France

Thanks for the update regarding delay to repair but i prefer to send it to DJI in Germany (Support Center for Europe) and then fly safely since to try to fly now and loose my bird !!
2015-5-7
Use props
dshanesmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 920577 ft
United States

I think the lesson here is to watch either the kid or the drone, not both......
2015-5-7
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

You should be very comfy flying in ATTI for indoor flight. Good on you for posting this and I'm glad you didn't have anything severe happen.
2015-5-7
Use props
tguzman
New

United States

Just had a crash with I1 during indoor flight.  During daylight in an abandoned warehouse.  Plenty of light but found the craft would drift at approximatley 8-9 ft with the VPS.  the surface below was different height by 4 ft and when it flew over the ledge it begain to drift right into a wire causing it to wrap up.  Burnt up both rear motors =[  looks like i will be sending it in to DJI.

I tried to get to the bird when it got wrapped up but could not get it to shut off to save the motors or plasic housing.
SAM_1413.JPG
SAM_1412.JPG
SAM_1412.JPG
SAM_1413.JPG
2015-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules