2166 12 2018-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansce098769
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18504 ft
Philippines

Good day,

I just bought a DJI MAVIC PRO 2 days ago.  On the day I bought the unit I had an IMU error GYRO 2 - DATA ERROR. I tried to calibrate the IMU but with no luck, it finishes the calibration but after restarting I still have the error. Also have problems calibrating the compass.

Unit was never flown just used the DJI flight simulator and was also prompted to update the firmware which completed without a problem.

I called the dealer yesterday less than 24 hours from buying the unit and brought it in also yesterday they tried to troubleshoot(calibrate) and get the same error. Since yesterday the unit is with supplier.

PROBLEM
IF YOU GO TO ADVANCED SETTINGS  - SENSORS
GYRO 2 - DATA ERROR

Gino
2018-3-23
Use props
fansce098769
lvl.2
Philippines

IMU was calibrated on a level surface many times, used also a different battery just in case, also used a different phone with a go4 app.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Gino, so sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. So have you contact your supplier to get a solution? If not, please show us a photo of the error message, well look into it. Thanks!
2018-3-23
Use props
fansce098769
lvl.2
Philippines

2018-3-23
Use props
fansce098769
lvl.2
Philippines

This is a screenshot of the error I get. And also on the main page the IMU shows error(in red).
2018-3-23
Use props
fansce098769
lvl.2
Philippines

MORE DETAILS:

UNIT WAS BOUGHT: MARCH 21(7 PM)
CALLED THE DEALER: MARCH 22(around 1030AM)
BROUGHT THE UNIT TO THE DEALER: MARCH 22(around 3PM) and left it there without a replacement

IMU CALIBRATION: Was done multiple times with a different battery as well and using a different phone, the dealer has also tried to calibrate but we still get the error
COMPASS CALIBRATION: Does not work

The Mavic is not with me anymore since I returned it to the dealer yesterday without a replacement. I have already sent an email to support@dji.com but without a reply. I badly need a replacement since I need the unit by Sunday(March 26 GMT +8) morning for an event I am handling.
2018-3-23
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

You are not entitled to a replacement unit if you submit for warranty repair. You only have the right to have the issue fixed without having to pay for the expenses.
2018-3-23
Use props
GECHO
lvl.2
Philippines

Hi FLYDK,

I have not opted for warranty repair since the problem was right out of the box. And was reported less than 24 hours from the time of purchase.
2018-3-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

FlyDK Posted at 2018-3-23 02:59
You are not entitled to a replacement unit if you submit for warranty repair. You only have the right to have the issue fixed without having to pay for the expenses.

I beg to differ. if you have a faulty unit out of box failure you are entitled to a replacement/refund. it is the consumer protection law, well where I live it is.
2018-3-23
Use props
GECHO
lvl.2
Philippines

Hi Suren,

I agree, it was less than 24 hours when I returned the unit and left it with them.
2018-3-23
Use props
GECHO
lvl.2
Philippines

Unit was replaced after 2 days.
2018-4-7
Use props
Sea Parrot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89154 ft

GECHO Posted at 2018-4-7 09:51
Unit was replaced after 2 days.

Excellent to hear it was replaced so quickly - no less and no more than I'd expect.

I spent over 33 years working for a company that prided itself on customer service, and although our prices weren't the cheapest.... our customers kept coming back to us and bet their business (or government department, ...) on what we provided. I hope DJI follow the same paradigm.
From what I've read on this forum, on other forums, and heard from friends who use DJI equipment professionally (Matrice, Inspire, Ronin and Mavic) the support has been pretty damn good.

Mavic equipment is getting quite a lot of use in professional applications as it's inexpensive and yet delivers when it's the right solution. I hope and pray that DJI keep investing in support, whether it's online, offline, MTTF, equipment morphology, spare and repair longevity, ... that's what will keep people coming back and rebuying.

What I learnt in 33 years : One upset customer can do more damage then ten positive customers can do good. I made a point of never having an upset customer.

2018-4-7
Use props
GECHO
lvl.2
Philippines

Sea Parrot Posted at 2018-4-7 14:16
Excellent to hear it was replaced so quickly - no less and no more than I'd expect.

I spent over 33 years working for a company that prided itself on customer service, and although our prices weren't the cheapest.... our customers kept coming back to us and bet their business (or government department, ...) on what we provided. I hope DJI follow the same paradigm.

I agree, it was the authorized dealer which had problems replacing the drone which definitely affects DJI's reputation they say that DJI has strict regulations on replacement even if it's a new unit. And it's too bad that DJI Care refresh is not available in the Philippines.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules