Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Need to enable ATTI mode in Mavic Air
24962 26 2018-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4f765200
New
Germany

I wonder why DJI doesn't allow ATTI mode as an advanced mode, or through DJI Assistant 2 :-(
The thing is, I got my Air last weekend, and planning to do BVLOS license mid-April. Apparently you are *required* to fly in ATTI mode, so no GPS. And trying to pass the practical test on a drone I never flew (only Phantoms for some reason support ATTI mode), is a huge problem.
Imagine my surprise when it turned out that not only there's no way to disable GPS through DJI Go 4 app, and DJI Assistant 2 app too! I tried that "debug dev tools" mode, but it doesn't work with the newest Assistant app.

Is there ANY chance to disable GPS positioning, or simply enable ATTI mode on Mavic Air? It shouldn't be that hard for DJI to make it a feature.
2018-3-23
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There is no known method of disabling P-GPS with the MavicAIR. You have to use a Phantom to manually switch to ATTI mode.
2018-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It almost certainly won’t happen, it has been the same way with Mavic Pro and Spark , although many have requested it to no avail, you should try borrowing a phantom, when I done my test only Atti capable drones could be used..
2018-3-23
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would love to be able to switch to ATTI mode manually. I fly indoors a lot and the Air acts a little wonky when it's close to an exterior wall and starts bouncing in and out of GPS.
2018-3-23
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 633901 ft
Canada

I was wondering the same thing?  I have been flying my MA and occasionally get a warning on the app that says something like "Warning, compass interference, fly with caution and if AC acts erratically, switch to ATTi!  Well how the heck do you do that?!
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, sorry to tell Mavic series doesn't provide manual ATTI mode. The drone will be switched to ATTI mode when there is no GPS signal. Thanks for supporting. atti.png
2018-3-25
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

I'd love to see ATTI mode to in the Mavic series, because controlling ATTI mode is the complete opposite of what we learn with 'hands of the controller, and the craft will hover in place'. You have to actively fly when in ATTI mode or you could lose your drone with a fly away.  Not having the ability to train ourselfs using ATTI mode does not help.

I don't think we'll see it, so my hope is that they at least add it in the simulator.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-138773-1-1.html

2018-3-25
Use props
Renidroc
lvl.1
Jersey

I am also need to do a test for my licence and require ATTI mode. Please add my vote for ATTI mode to be enabled. It makes some sense that it shouldn't be accidentally accessed but should be accessible for those that require it. Have DJI ever responded?
2018-4-18
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft

Yes they have, manual switch to atti is not provided.
End of story :-/
2018-4-18
Use props
dominikalp
lvl.1
Poland

Hi, probably this will not satisfy you fully but when you fly indoor drone is using OPTI mode. From my experience when there is not enough light or contrast elements drone switch from OPTI switch to ATTI. I'm not sure exactly what is the reason as it happens a few times but I can't reproduce that on my request. I tested a drone on a huge sports hall. Drone takes off with OPTI but after few minutes switched to ATTI. The drone wasn't hover in one place but was moving slowly to one direction. Firstly I thought that there are some interferences (WiFi, or metal elements) but then verified logs and it clearly shows that drone was not stable after switch over to ATTI.
The first time it's tricky to handle drone in ATTI so I do not recommend test that at home if you have not a lot of space.
2018-11-12
Use props
designamk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127703 ft
South Africa

You can try this mod in the video, although I'd change it so that when you put your remote into sport mode it will go into ATTI instead. You'd need to find an old version of assistant 2 though so you can put it into debugging mode

https://youtu.be/26FsemqIhXU
2018-11-12
Use props
ata2k6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86722 ft
Romania

In fact, you can switch to ATTI, just deliberatelly miscalibrate compass and tape down vision sensors, and there you go!
2018-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ata2k6 Posted at 11-12 07:07
In fact, you can switch to ATTI, just deliberatelly miscalibrate compass and tape down vision sensors, and there you go!

That’s not Atti mode, in Atti mode gps is dropped in favour of compass, if you want to try Atti mode try blocking GPS receiver and flying above 30ft or out of VPs range.
2018-11-12
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
Mexico

U can buy some cheap drone, like Syma X5 and fly in ATTI mode with no worries.
2018-11-12
Use props
Ken Storm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Syma X5 - my trainer drone. Flying an Air is so easy after flying the Syma.
2018-11-13
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
United States

Ken Storm Posted at 11-13 03:36
Syma X5 - my trainer drone. Flying an Air is so easy after flying the Syma.

My first drone to. Nice cheap drone to learn how to fly
2018-11-23
Use props
MAPilot
lvl.4
United States

Henrijs Posted at 11-23 06:02
My first drone to. Nice cheap drone to learn how to fly

I started with a Hubsan 502 (~$180), which has GPS, but lets you put it into ATTI mode with the flip of a controller switch...if Hubsan can do it, why not DJI???

My next drone was also a Syma x5 (~$60) which I bought after someone suggested learning to manually fly on a basic drone.  If you can fly one of these, the DJI is a piece of cake!!
2018-12-2
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

No way with Mavic Air that I know of.
2018-12-6
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

While I would really love to see ATTI on Mavic, I don't think DJI will provide this mode.

In addition to Syma X5, there are two other alternative from DJI:
- Get Tello drone. It flies in ATTI with a VPS (and in full ATT if you tape over the downward-facing camera)
- Try DJI Flight Simulator, which has vary realistic simulation of the various drones' flight characteristics, and is meant for training. There you can set Mavic into ATTI mode. (Boy, it was suddenly hard to land on that helipad!)
2018-12-6
Use props
AMZPOW
lvl.4

United States

Mavic Air not come with ATTI modle. It will be great if it come with ATTI modle just like the Phantom
2018-12-7
Use props
djiuser_PcFXZgbHOwR9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218648 ft
Slovenia

You can enable debugging in DJI Assistant 2 and change some  parameter ...  But it works only in versions up to 1.1.2 !!
2018-12-13
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United States

I read in another forum that if you tape metal foil to the top of the main body, it will force it into ATTI because the GPS signal won't get to the receiver
2018-12-13
Use props
MGarni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218648 ft
Slovenia

On youtube is a guide how to do with DJI Assistant2 ! Everything can change, but you have to be careful !! But I do not have the rights to post a link !
2018-12-14
Use props
owen66
lvl.2

United States

I know this thread is old, but would this solution work for the MavicAir?
I see a different video was shared above, but I haven't looked at it, so my comment might be redundant. But basically it's the same concept of remapping the Sport mode to ATTI mode.

Ahh, I see that you do need the old version of the assiste software:
https://www.drones4.life/dji-assistant-2-download/

But also a Windows 7 machine (not sure about the supported Mac versions) for driver compatibility.

2019-6-27
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

just it's bad DJI support of this product - sorry to say that, but it's true - almost a dead product (no development, no new functions)
there is no real support for Air (ignoring community requests - no detailed coords on photos for maping, no autonomy flights - tho it's half-doable with litchi, no access to some advanced flight features, not open prog. buttons, no quiet propellers from DJI - 3rd party not allowed (yet they do exist), but DJI will not do own props...)

2019-7-8
Use props
d4md.prodgmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 244344 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-25 19:10
Hi there, sorry to tell Mavic series doesn't provide manual ATTI mode. The drone will be switched to ATTI mode when there is no GPS signal. Thanks for supporting.[view_image]

so put tape on the sensors
2020-6-17
Use props
djiuser_1L3LbKusBv6s
lvl.1

Australia

To disable the GPS and trigger ATTI mode. Test the effectiveness and reliability of covering the drone GPS antenna with Aluminium foil. Ben
2021-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules