1515 10 2018-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is the prevailing wisdom of recalibration IMU after each firmware update still hold true with Mavic Air? Thanks.  
2018-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is no need to calibrate your IMU after firmware or compass for that matter, firmware won’t effect the attitude of your aircraft...
2018-3-23
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 633901 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-23 11:54
There is no need to calibrate your IMU after firmware or compass for that matter, firmware won’t effect the attitude of your aircraft...

Interesting, as mentioned above,  Phantom owners were always recommended to calibrate IMU and Compass after a firmware updates.  I wouldn't think the Mavic series would be that much different unless there is new tech or better tech.
2018-3-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I don't remember doing my Phantom all that often, but did do it now and then.  I also calibrated the compass often.  Technology has changed and I don't think it is necessary to calibrate every time you turn around.  I've had my Mavic for about 14 months now and I just did my first compass and IMU calibration last week.
2018-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tomsbird Posted at 2018-3-23 13:14
Interesting, as mentioned above,  Phantom owners were always recommended to calibrate IMU and Compass after a firmware updates.  I wouldn't think the Mavic series would be that much different unless there is new tech or better tech.

Phantom 4pro users are told in their manual only to calibrate compass and IMU when app tells them, this was basically an urban myth, even in the phantom 2 manual it won’t tell you anywhere to calibrate after firmware update, you can check your readings in your app for both IMU and compass if they are ok why would you calibrate.
2018-3-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
United States

As many note below, there's only a need to recalibrate IMU and compass if the app advises. The only things I do after each firmware update (and battery updates) are VPS and gimbal calibrations. That's because I habitually do my updates twice with a factory default reset in between - a habit I picked up from the Dumbled@re app.
2018-3-23
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for all the advice.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

As far as I know, you don't have to calibrate the IMU each time after the firmware upgrade, you can calibrate it when the app asks you to do so, or when you find that the telemeter data is not correct etc.
2018-3-25
Use props
djiuser_xENI3TeOgLBU
lvl.1
United States

calibrating the Mavic pro
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, are we having an issue calibrating your Mavic Pro?
2018-6-18
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

As many have said it is not necessary. But for all the time it takes I do it to be on the safe side.
2018-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules