Always have your remote controller as a back up for hand gestures?
325 6 2018-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

I was playing around with hand gestures using Mavic Air today, and had intermittent success getting the Mavic Air to land. Sometimes it worked, but twice I had to go to my controller to complete the landing. This left me wondering: If you do a hand gesture take off without your controller connected (using the new feature to do that), and you can't get the hand gesture to land to work, what would you do? Is it a good idea to always have your controller connected as a backup when using hand gestures?
2018-3-23
Use props
Silvex
lvl.3

United States

I would at least have the phone.
2018-3-23
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

Silvex Posted at 2018-3-23 11:51
I would at least have the phone.

Sounds like good advice.

But this got me wondering now: What would you do if you did a hand gesture take off without your phone or controller and could not get it to land. What would you do? Just wait for the battery to run out?
2018-3-26
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Danger Lampost Posted at 2018-3-26 09:08
Sounds like good advice.

But this got me wondering now: What would you do if you did a hand gesture take off without your phone or controller and could not get it to land. What would you do? Just wait for the battery to run out?

I think I'd grab it out of the air.

Haven't got any good experiences yet when it comes to gesture control. Tried it once and didn't really like how it responded to my gestures. Like you I was nearly on the floor myself to get the damn thing landed.
2018-3-26
Use props
Silvex
lvl.3

United States

Danger Lampost Posted at 2018-3-26 09:08
Sounds like good advice.

That would be unnerving. Within about 15 min you will find out where the home point was recorded!
2018-3-26
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18901 ft
United Kingdom

I don't know why anyone one would want to use hand gestures anyway.  They're only any good for videoing yourself. Who is that narcissistic to want to keep doing that?

I would want to keep right out of all shots.
2018-3-26
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

marcel_911 Posted at 2018-3-26 15:09
I don't know why anyone one would want to use hand gestures anyway.  They're only any good for videoing yourself. Who is that narcissistic to want to keep doing that?

I would want to keep right out of all shots.

Some people can also be the star of their own show. Some can't. If you used hand gestures to record yourself doing some rock climbing, I'd watch that.
2018-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules