CRYSTALSKY 7.85" High My Experience.
1335 16 2018-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Normanby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136601 ft
Australia

This may be of interest to intending buyers, especially those like me not completely comfortable with understanding all about electronic gadgets including drones and all that goes with them. I decided to buy a Crystalsky after encountering problems with a PH3 SE and could not read the screen messages on my tablet because of the bright sunlight. As it turned out I did not do enough research first and found out later that the PH3 SE is one of a few DJI AC which are not compatible with the Crystalsky (so far?). Anyhow as I also owned a Spark I have been using the CS with the Spark. So far works ok and I have had no evident problems using it. Have an issue getting sphere pano photos off the crystalsky onto my pc but with advice from a forum member on another thread have found a workaround which takes time. Anyhow what I would like to do with the sphere panos may not be possible.
I have found the High Brightness CS monitor to be much easier to see in bright light than other monitors I use. However it is heavy but useable when attached to the Spark RC with a suitable bracket. Maybe the smaller SC would be easier to handle but I prefer to use an 8" size monitor instead of a phone for larger screen size.
I do not have any cable connected between the CS and the Spark RC. So far seems to work ok just using its wifi system, which it seems is what DJI recommends.
Another issue I had was charging the CS batteries as its charging hub needs a DJI charger with a specific plug which neither the PH3 SE or Spark charger had. I noticed a PH3 battery car charger I had could be used so for a while when I drove somewhere I charged a CS battery. Since bought a suitable mains charger but more expense.
Probably more I could say but enough for now so please comment if any one needs more info and I will do my best to reply.

2018-3-23
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I tought the CS worked with the PH3...too bad i was looking to buy a used one. By the way I got a CS 5.5” and while it’s way better than iPad Pro screen it is not bright enough in strong direct sunlight to see everything clear, I’m looking to buy an Ultra Brightness asap.
2018-3-24
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Elettrone78 Posted at 2018-3-24 10:03
I tought the CS worked with the PH3...too bad i was looking to buy a used one. By the way I got a CS 5.5” and while it’s way better than iPad Pro screen it is not bright enough in strong direct sunlight to see everything clear, I’m looking to buy an Ultra Brightness asap.

Don't get a UB just yet, I think DJI are making a revision as it has not been on sale in the DJI store for a while
2018-3-24
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft

lannes Posted at 2018-3-24 16:01
Don't get a UB just yet, I think DJI are making a revision as it has not been on sale in the DJI store for a while

I bought an 7.85 ultra bright around the beginning of February and it has not been opened yet. The build date stated on the sticker is 1/18. Do you think I was lucky enough to get a good one?
2018-3-25
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Rickyber Posted at 2018-3-25 06:30
I bought an 7.85 ultra bright around the beginning of February and it has not been opened yet. The build date stated on the sticker is 1/18. Do you think I was lucky enough to get a good one?

The only way to really tell is to use it with DJI Go 4  ver 4.2.4 from the latest CS firmware update.

If it fails you can still send it back under warranty
2018-3-25
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4

lannes Posted at 2018-3-25 07:08
The only way to really tell is to use it with DJI Go 4  ver 4.2.4 from the latest CS firmware update.

If it fails you can still send it back under warranty

Thanks and you are right as this is really the only thing I can do. After reading a lot of problematic posts, I was actually going to see if I could send it back for a refund, since it was still sealed.

But, that would have defeated my purpose for purchasing it. I am a senior with typical senior eyes.....lol
I did wait for some time for the Ultra Bright to become available in the store, so possibly I may have gotten one that they made some corrections on, who knows? Also, I was able to acquire it with a 20% off coupon from DJI Select, so it was a great deal.

So, your suggestion will be taken and I'll dive right in........lol.
Definitely will post if it is a lemon!!
2018-3-25
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

lannes Posted at 2018-3-24 16:01
Don't get a UB just yet, I think DJI are making a revision as it has not been on sale in the DJI store for a while

Unfortunately I do really need it to work.
2018-3-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I bought an 7.85 ultra bright around the beginning of February and it has not been opened yet. The build date stated on the sticker is 1/18. Do you think I was lucky enough to get a good one?

"around the beginning of February"
"Do you think I was lucky enough to get a good one? "

Ordered mine on Feb 17th, 2018.  Shipped Feb 19th.
Since it sounds like you bought yours before I bought mine, and mine is in repair.
You are going to need Luck.
2018-3-25
Use props
MBrown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 619790 ft
United States

Well I just pulled the trigger on a the CS 7.85 High.  Should be here next week.  I've been reading a lot of posts with problems in general about the CS and I'm hoping I won't be one of them.  I will let you know what my experiences are.  
2018-3-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

MBrown Posted at 2018-3-26 07:54
Well I just pulled the trigger on a the CS 7.85 High.  Should be here next week.  I've been reading a lot of posts with problems in general about the CS and I'm hoping I won't be one of them.  I will let you know what my experiences are.

Best of Luck!
Seriously
2018-3-26
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

I bought an 7.85 ultra bright around the beginning of February and it has not been opened yet. The build date stated on the sticker is 1/18. Do you think I was lucky enough to get a good one?

I doubt it! Mine was new in December and expired last week, gone back to DJI, the local dealer I got it from has suggested that I may be offered a standard one for now!

I have just bought a 5.5 CS for the Air, as I really like the brightness & that its dedicated to my drones. Shipping on the 5.5 from China took 5 days door to door from China. I hope they as expedicious when it comes to sorting out my UB!
2018-3-26
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-25 14:53
"around the beginning of February"
"Do you think I was lucky enough to get a good one? "

Really a damn shame that they keep selling them, when they are dropping like flies.
Did yours just bite the dust completely or did you experience other problems. Still have not opened mine but better do it tomorrow and give it a try after doing the upgrades.

Is it pretty easy to set up?
I guess my hands will be shaking as I open the package.......lol !!!!
2018-3-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Rickyber Posted at 2018-3-27 20:02
Really a damn shame that they keep selling them, when they are dropping like flies.
Did yours just bite the dust completely or did you experience other problems. Still have not opened mine but better do it tomorrow and give it a try after doing the upgrades.

I did not experience other problems.  No over-heating, No dark screen, No half-lit screen.

My CS Ub would Lock-Up or Freeze.  It would not respond to Touch input or Function button presses.  Sometimes CS Ub would reboot with pressing of Power button, not always.
There were no warnings or indications that CS Ub had a problem or was about to Lock-Up.

2018-3-27
Use props
MBrown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 619790 ft
United States

OK, It's here. My high brightness 7,85 Crytstalsky arrived this afternoon.  

Charged the batteries.  Check
Turned it on.  Check
Initial Setup.  Check
What can I say......I've only had it 15 minutes.  

Once I get a little more time with it I will post more details.
It does look awesome and the screen  is bright, really bright.  I can hardly wait for the weather to improve so I can play with it.
20180330_184908.jpg
20180330_184951.jpg
2018-3-30
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MBrown Posted at 2018-3-30 17:13

I think you should be ok with the HB, it's the Ultra Bright that is the unit with all the problems, enjoy !!
That's why the HB is still available in the DJI Store, while the UB has been pulled
2018-3-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

MBrown Posted at 2018-3-30 17:13

Never mind.  I mis-read.  I thought you got a CrystalSky Ultra-Bright.

After what I experienced and others have experienced - I would suggest testing CS-Ub something like following.

First, get CS-Ub all setup and communicating.  Download and install Updates.
Second, look through all drone settings via GO / GO4 App, set options as needed.
Third, use CS-Ub or RC to move camera around, take a few pictures and snapshots.
Fourth, initialize prop start, but don't take off.  Let drone run for a short period.
Fifth, shutdown down.

If CS-Ub stays working.  Move to outside.  To large open safe-to-fly area.
Be ready to fly drone without CS-Ub, using only R.C.

First, power everythng up.  Make sure Homepoint is recorded.
Second, iniitialize prop start, but don't take off, check camera moves around.
Third, do a low height hover, turn drone left/right, backup, forward, slip sideways.
Fourth, make several low height flights close to you, get some time on CS-Ub.
Fifth, land, shutdown, replace drone battery.

If CS-Ub stays working.  Repeat test flights, expanding distance, time, and height.

Good Luck!

2018-3-30
Use props
Fridog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 283471 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-30 22:15
Never mind.  I mis-read.  I thought you got a CrystalSky Ultra-Bright.

After what I experienced and others have experienced - I would suggest testing CS-Ub something like following.

I came here to find what the issue with shipping the UB is.  Ordered mine 2-25-18 and still no ship.
I guess I feel better now after reading they pulled it due to issues and are possibly updating it.
I'm not sure if that is speculation or not but I will go with that scenario for now.
2018-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules