Gimbal Overload Issue.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mk4Thumper
lvl.2

So I put the foam peice back into my gimbal to protect it while it wasn't in use. Then I pulled out my trust Phantom and did a few flights, last flight it seemed to have gimbal issues. Then I flew it today and it said gimbal overload, so I landed it and found the foam still in it. I think my yaw motor is damaged, is that about all that it usually trashes? I build race quads and I am sure I will have no issues swapping a motor.
2018-3-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Why do you think it is damaged? Try flying without the foam and see how it performs.
2018-3-23
Use props
Mk4Thumper
lvl.2

I did, gimbal has no stability on the yaw axis and I get gimbal overload errors. I tried calibration and no change.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear the issue. It is not recommended to take apart at your end if the drone is still in warranty period. Please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-23
Use props
Mk4Thumper
lvl.2

How long is the turnaround time and what is the cost of that? Would it have to be sent to China or is there a repair facility in the US?
2018-3-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

DJI has a service center in California.  They will send you a repair quote with a list of damages and their cost to fix including labor.
2018-3-24
Use props
Mk4Thumper
lvl.2

I open a repair ticket but it has no address to send it to, Where do I send this thing?
2018-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules