Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help - Mavic Air RC Windows driver required
12345Next >
29049 190 2018-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cyborg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 123960 ft
Singapore

I can't get the RC to connect to DJI Assitant 2 - Windows 10 64bit. I went thru the various threads on this topic and tried some solutions which were discussed earlier (like installing older verison (1.0.7)of Assistant which can install the correct Windows drivers and then upgrade to latest Assistant (v1.2.3)). But even though the device manager list the usb device as a stable connection (still with the yellow exclamation mark), the DJI assistant 2 does not recognize the RC.  I see some posts where the Mods have PMed the RC drivers download link to some users, think I will need that too. I have PMed couple of Mods, but no response yet. Can anyone please provide me the link.. Thanks..!!
2018-3-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

This is the one that was made available: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jKLmmRYhQaX3pYOXJRWkpzSFE/view
I hope it will solve your problem!
2018-3-24
Use props
cyborg
Second Officer
Singapore

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-24 00:31
This is the one that was made available: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jKLmmRYhQaX3pYOXJRWkpzSFE/view

Awesome, thanks Wachtberger..!
I will try it and report back..
2018-3-24
Use props
cyborg
Second Officer
Singapore

@Wachtberger , happy to report it worked. Thanks again..!!
2018-3-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

cyborg Posted at 2018-3-24 01:45
@Wachtberger , happy to report it worked. Thanks again..!!

Good to hear! And does it still recognise the Air too? If not, just reinstall DJI Assistant and then both will work well.
2018-3-24
Use props
cyborg
Second Officer
Singapore

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-24 13:43
Good to hear! And does it still recognise the Air too? If not, just reinstall DJI Assistant and then both will work well.

Thanks, MA connects fine with DJI assistant
2018-3-24
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-24 00:31
This is the one that was made available: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jKLmmRYhQaX3pYOXJRWkpzSFE/view

Didn't work for me.  I have Version  V1.2.3 -- I tried everything?

I'm connecting the RC via the micro USB -- the only thing I didn't try was connecting via the standard USB.

@cyborg
2018-3-25
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Bluehook Posted at 2018-3-25 06:53

I'm connecting the RC via the micro USB -- the only thing I didn't try was connecting via the standard USB.

Sorry to hear that. The strange thing is that for quite a number it works, for others not. I hope that DJI will solve this soon!
2018-3-25
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-25 08:01
Sorry to hear that. The strange thing is that for quite a number it works, for others not. I hope that DJI will solve this soon!

Thanks for your response.

Can the RC firmware be updated via the phone/connected to the AC?

(That's how I updated the AC firmware twice and it worked really well)

TIA
2018-3-25
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Bluehook Posted at 2018-3-25 09:34
Thanks for your response.

Can the RC firmware be updated via the phone/connected to the AC?

Yes it can as long as you have a WiFi or cell internet connection. Just with DJI Assistant everything is much more comfortable and smooth. Therefore I hope that these issues will be solved soon for all users!
2018-3-25
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-25 11:22
Yes it can as long as you have a WiFi or cell internet connection. Just with DJI Assistant everything is much more comfortable and smooth. Therefore I hope that these issues will be solved soon for all users!

Thanks again W!

So, I got into the section in the app where updates are done and the RC and it's version is listed there, but it neither says it needs an update, nor does it have the box to update.

I've been chomping at the bit since 8am to fly this thing -- think I'll be alright?
2018-3-25
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Bluehook Posted at 2018-3-25 11:54
Thanks again W!

So, I got into the section in the app where updates are done and the RC and it's version is listed there, but it neither says it needs an update, nor does it have the box to update.

There is no update for the RC right now, you should be fine if you have completed the AC and all batteries!
2018-3-25
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-25 11:59
There is no update for the RC right now, you should be fine if you have completed the AC and all batteries!

Thank you, sir!
2018-3-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for Wachtberger's help.
2018-3-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bluehook Posted at 2018-3-25 11:54
Thanks again W!

You can check whether your RC has updated according to the firmware info (General Settings--About). For the RC connecting issue, may I know what system is your PC? Have you tried to change another connecting cable? You can try to change the cable. BTW, the RC is able to update via the DJI GO 4 app, no worries.
2018-3-25
Use props
cyborg
Second Officer
Singapore

Bluehook Posted at 2018-3-25 06:53

I'm connecting the RC via the micro USB -- the only thing I didn't try was connecting via the standard USB.

@bluehook... i took me a while to get it connected. I tried all possible solutions mentioned here in various threads, like uninstalling 1.2.3 and downgrading it to 1.0.7, then upgrading etc.  Initially with 1.2.3 the RC used to appear and disappear in the Win device manager continuously (as a USB and COM device). After downgrade to 1.0.7 the device was stable but still without a proper driver (yellow exclamation in the device manager).  Then I installed the Driver which Wachberger provided the link, but even after installing driver RC was not recognized in DJI assistant. So I had to go thru the downgrade, upgrade cycle once again and after the final upgrade to 1.2.3 and PC restart the RC was recognized and I could see the current version details.

But as mentioned here
(1) You can do all the upgrades thru the phone Dji go 4 itself, but I think you can't see the version history, refresh the firmware if required, or downgrade firmware etc thru the phone app.
(2) This firmware is only for MA and batteries, so you don't have to worry about the RC for now.

However, it is good to have everything connected thru DJI Assistant 2 since it displays the firmware version history, logs etc in a proper way. So hope you can get that RC connection going.
2018-3-25
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-25 21:28
You can check whether your RC has updated according to the firmware info (General Settings--About). For the RC connecting issue, may I know what system is your PC? Have you tried to change another connecting cable? You can try to change the cable. BTW, the RC is able to update via the DJI GO 4 app, no worries.

Thank you for your response.

Windows 10.

Yes, I have tried a different cable to no avail.  I tried it as a matter of due diligence not expecting different result because all along, the computer acknowledges that a device is being plugged into the USB -- but cannot ID it.

Because there is no update, nor warning, via DJI GO 4 app, I'll assume that the update was performed on the RC when I updated the AC.  It shows as version 01.00.0100  and I believe that that is the current version.

The issue of DJI Assistant 2 not seeing the RC, remains.
2018-3-26
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

cyborg Posted at 2018-3-25 22:56
@bluehook... i took me a while to get it connected. I tried all possible solutions mentioned here in various threads, like uninstalling 1.2.3 and downgrading it to 1.0.7, then upgrading etc.  Initially with 1.2.3 the RC used to appear and disappear in the Win device manager continuously (as a USB and COM device). After downgrade to 1.0.7 the device was stable but still without a proper driver (yellow exclamation in the device manager).  Then I installed the Driver which Wachberger provided the link, but even after installing driver RC was not recognized in DJI assistant. So I had to go thru the downgrade, upgrade cycle once again and after the final upgrade to 1.2.3 and PC restart the RC was recognized and I could see the current version details.

But as mentioned here

Thank you sir for sharing the details of your experience, I really appreciate it.  I am focused on your words as being my only remaining solution.

I will try the downgrade, install/uninstall method either today or tomorrow and report back.  Thank you again.
2018-3-26
Use props
cyborg
Second Officer
Singapore

Bluehook Posted at 2018-3-26 07:53
Thank you sir for sharing the details of your experience, I really appreciate it.  I am focused on your words as being my only remaining solution.

I will try the downgrade, install/uninstall method either today or tomorrow and report back.  Thank you again.

also please make sure you delete all files/folders under C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product  everytime you uninstall a particular version for downgrading/upgrading the DJI assistant.Hope you can get it working
2018-3-26
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

cyborg Posted at 2018-3-26 17:10
also please make sure you delete all files/folders under C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product  everytime you uninstall a particular version for downgrading/upgrading the DJI assistant.Hope you can get it working

Thank you again, sir, for your assistance.  I tried everything you suggested and it didn't work.

I've officially given up -- I'll stand by and wait/hope that DJI figures it out.  Until then, I can update the RC via the phone.

If nothing else, it's encouraging to know that there are knowledgeable people, like you, here who are willing to help out a fellow hobbyist.

Much appreciated.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bluehook Posted at 2018-3-26 07:48
Thank you for your response.

Windows 10.

Hi there, could you please tell me what your PC system type is (Window 32 or 64)?
And I got a new driver for you to try, I'll PM you the link. If you decided to use this driver, please install this driver when the RC is connected to the PC, keep the RC powered on during the installation. After finish, you need to restart the RC. See if it helps.
2018-3-29
Use props
cyborg
Second Officer
Singapore

Bluehook Posted at 2018-3-29 09:41
Thank you again, sir, for your assistance.  I tried everything you suggested and it didn't work.

I've officially given up -- I'll stand by and wait/hope that DJI figures it out.  Until then, I can update the RC via the phone.

That's unfortunate
Looks like DJI Thor has sent you a new driver. Hopefully that one works. Good luck and always happy to help a fellow hobbyist   Cheers..!!
2018-3-29
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-29 18:32
Hi there, could you please tell me what your PC system type is (Window 32 or 64)?
And I got a new driver for you to try, I'll PM you the link. If you decided to use this driver, please install this driver when the RC is connected to the PC, keep the RC powered on during the installation. After finish, you need to restart the RC. See if it helps.

Got it, thank you.

I'm running Win 10, 64-bit.  Should I install this to the latest DJI Assist 2 version (1.2.3) or to the downgraded version (1.0.7)?  

I'll try it later today and report back, thank you.
2018-3-30
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-29 18:32
And I got a new driver for you to try, I'll PM you the link. If you decided to use this driver, please install this driver when the RC is connected to the PC, keep the RC powered on during the installation. After finish, you need to restart the RC. See if it helps.
@cyborg said:
That's unfortunate
Looks like DJI Thor has sent you a new driver. Hopefully that one works. Good luck and always happy to help a fellow hobbyist   Cheers..!!

YES!!  IT WORKED!!

For the benefit of anyone else reading along who find themselves in the same predicament, here's what I experienced:

The DJI Assist 2 version I had installed was 1.0.7  at the time of driver install
DJI Assist 2 program was not opened
RC on and plugged into USB - (RC beeped a few times and booted down during intsall)
After the driver install, DJI Assist 2 version changed to 1.2.2.859

Thank you DJI Thor -- Thank you cyborg.

2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bluehook Posted at 2018-3-30 08:12
YES!!  IT WORKED!!

For the benefit of anyone else reading along who find themselves in the same predicament, here's what I experienced:

Thank you very much for the update and glad it worked. And appreciate your sharing the experience. Hope it also helps others who have the same issue.
2018-4-2
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-2 02:22
Thank you very much for the update and glad it worked. And appreciate your sharing the experience. Hope it also helps others who have the same issue.

Hi DJI Thor, is it possible to write a update driver document (step by step what to do), and ofcourse make that driver available for all W10 64 bt users.
Thanks in advance
Cheers JJB
2018-4-2
Use props
cyborg
Second Officer
Singapore

Bluehook Posted at 2018-3-30 08:12
YES!!  IT WORKED!!

Great news..!!!
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

JJBspark Posted at 2018-4-2 03:07
Hi DJI Thor, is it possible to write a update driver document (step by step what to do), and ofcourse make that driver available for all W10 64 bt users.
Thanks in advance
Cheers JJB

Hi there, we need to confirm and would love to have users feedback on the driver. So if anyone is interested in it, please let me know. And remember to provide me with the feedback.
2018-4-4
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-4 05:28
Hi there, we need to confirm and would love to have users feedback on the driver. So if anyone is interested in it, please let me know. And remember to provide me with the feedback.

Hi Thor, i would love to test this driver, so if you sent me a PM with detailed instructions etc i will test and gve you feedback. Regards JJB
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

JJBspark Posted at 2018-4-4 07:15
Hi Thor, i would love to test this driver, so if you sent me a PM with detailed instructions etc i will test and gve you feedback. Regards JJB

I had replied you via PM, please check.
2018-4-6
Use props
MIX_DP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50397 ft
Ukraine

What about driver for WIn 7?
2018-4-20
Use props
MIX_DP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50397 ft
Ukraine

Hay?!
How i can connect\install my Mavic Air RC to PC with windows 7???
Trick with old version of DJI Assistant2 didn't help.
2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_YmSWRHeXTqn6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258432 ft
Netherlands

i am running win 10 64  bit pro can i to have the driver to test
thanks
2018-4-25
Use props
BigRoyBoy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106414 ft
Australia

Hi there, we need to confirm and would love to have users feedback on the driver. So if anyone is interested in it, please let me know. And remember to provide me with the feedback.

Yes please. Same issue as above and would like to try the update driver.
2018-5-7
Use props
BigRoyBoy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106414 ft
Australia

Yes please. Same issue as above and would like to try the update driver. W10 64 bt users.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

BigRoyBoy Posted at 2018-5-7 14:52
Yes please. Same issue as above and would like to try the update driver. W10 64 bt users.

Sorry for the late update, Roy. I had PMed you the link to download the driver. Please connect the RC to the PC and keep the RC powering on when installing the driver. Then restart the DJI Assistant 2 and the RC and connect again. See if it helps.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_YmSWRHeXTqn6 Posted at 2018-4-25 18:53
i am running win 10 64  bit pro can i to have the driver to test
thanks

Sorry for the late reply. I had PMed the link to the driver. Please refer to my reply on 36#, see if it works.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MIX_DP Posted at 2018-4-24 23:30
Hay?!
How i can connect\install my Mavic Air RC to PC with windows 7???
Trick with old version of DJI Assistant2 didn't help.

Sorry for the late reply. Did the issue resolve? If no, please try the driver I PMed you. Please refer to my reply on 36# when installing the driver, thank you.
2018-5-14
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Is there a RC driver available for Windows 7 64 bit?
2018-5-15
Use props
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-14 23:55
Sorry for the late reply. Did the issue resolve? If no, please try the driver I PMed you. Please refer to my reply on 36# when installing the driver, thank you.

Hello Thor,
Can you also PM the driver...as the very first one shared in this thread did not work for me.

I hear constant beeps, connecting and disconnecting...
The aircraft is easily recognized by the software, however the RC not.

Thanks in advance,
2018-5-15
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules