waypoints MAVIC AIR
9888 51 2018-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

The thing that I don't understand is why is DJI selling or providing the SDK to others and not setting up on their own app. If you have a problem with your drone while flying with Litchi and you're under warranty I'm sure DJI won't honor it.
2018-4-20
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Bill B Posted at 2018-4-17 15:01
He used the mavic air. There is a beta out for both litchi and autopilot. I have autopilot and love it.

Thanks for confirming...  The biggest news was that Litchi and Auto Pilot had a Beta out that support it...  that's great news.  I own both of those packages, but I will wait until its public as I'm in no rush today to try it.
2018-4-20
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

COMTHRE3 Posted at 2018-4-17 16:09
The promised video using Litch beta and the Mavic Air.  enjoy, and sorry for the dark video

Great video.  Glad to see it working.  Were you able to use all the features like set focus points and switch between them in flight?  Did the gimbal respond properly and always focus on the correct subject?

2018-4-20
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

Hestia Posted at 2018-4-18 01:32
Well, from that mail it looks like waypoints were not intended for SDK too

Having it in litchi is fine anyway

I agree that having it Litchi / Auto Pilot is fine.  The implementation they did for other aircraft wasn't that great and I imagine it would not be great for the Mavic Air Either.  I like the idea of Litchi doing it so I can use the same points for any aircraft.
2018-4-20
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

MightyRouse Posted at 2018-4-20 08:29
Got my invite to the Litchi iOS beta this morning and have some routes planned for after work as well as some RTH and distance tests at 25mph.

I would love to see how it fly's a complex plan. Switching Between focus points as it fly's and to see how smooth the gimbal and flight are....  I hope you can post back with your feedback, and maybe a sample video of your flight too, if not too much trouble?
2018-4-20
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-4-20 10:15
I just did a 17 waypoint, 19000ft total distance test. I lost complete signal for 5 minutes but the drone completed its mission and returned home.  Fantastic job Litchi!

Fantastic news...  any chance you can share the video it produced?
2018-4-20
Use props
MightyRouse
lvl.1
United States

I just did mine today and finished the video. Zero issues. Did a couple 2.5 mile round trips and both times came back with 54% battery left. Wind was 3-6 mph. Was out of signal probably 75% of the mission which was nail biting, but I relaxed and that sweet buzz eventually came overhead and landed itself. Y'all are right though, first time will freak you out. Just triple check your mission and don't try anything crazy on your first go. Couple quick things I noticed was if it's out of range for a long period of time like mine, the controller will shut itself down. Also, when planning a mission, I read that even if you have your finish action set to RTH if your last waypoint is out of range and you don't have a connection with the aircraft it will hover. Not sure if that's true, didn't have the guts to try it, but I'd say just go ahead and finish out the route ending at your homepoint. Litchi adds so much value to this drone. The camera pans are smooth and fluid and the mission hub makes planning a breeze.
2018-4-20
Use props
Atlanta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 335679 ft

I just compiled the sdk from dji.com with the Mavic air and its works fine, only I need a longer serial bus cable for my 10" android tablet.

And also with live streaming

2018-4-22
Use props
djiuser_ZuSsNaBcsOXB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 617270 ft

Atlanta Posted at 2018-4-22 12:34
I just compiled the sdk from dji.com with the Mavic air and its works fine, only I need a longer serial bus cable for my 10" android tablet.

[view_image]

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "compiled the sdk from dji.com with the Mavic air"?
2018-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c Posted at 2018-4-20 12:11
The thing that I don't understand is why is DJI selling or providing the SDK to others and not setting up on their own app. If you have a problem with your drone while flying with Litchi and you're under warranty I'm sure DJI won't honor it.

If you read your warranty, it clearly says that if you crash as a result of using third party app your warranty will be void,
So what this means is that if your aircraft malfunctions while using third party app then your warranty will still cover you.
I have not read one case where third party app caused dji aircraft to crash.
2018-4-22
Use props
maxmause
lvl.3
Flight distance : 598996 ft
Italy

Datadogie Posted at 2018-4-19 11:42
Those in Europe that have done the false GPS hack will loose this with Litchi.

It is not true, the waypoint works without problems with Litchi just knowing how to use the Facke gps :-)
2018-4-22
Use props
Atlanta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 335679 ft

djiuser_ZuSsNaBcsOXB Posted at 2018-4-22 15:38
Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "compiled the sdk from dji.com with the Mavic air"?

2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules