What phones are supported? - constant app crashes ruined my trip
1239 9 2018-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rotS14ZnE4xz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 230325 ft
United States

The app crashes every time I use it on my LG G3 VS985 with Android 6.0.  I only use this phone for the drone so I don't wear down the battery for other things. I had a foreign trip planned for years, which was one of the main reasons I purchased the Mavic Pro.  Before the trip I made sure all the firmware and software was updated (01.04.0200 at the time, App 4.2.6).  But the app crashed EVERY SINGLE time I tried to fly. Over an entire week of beautiful destinations, and I had to fly the drone blind with no video screen to tell me what the drone was seeing. Extremely frustrating!
2018-3-24
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Have had problems with a CrystalSky running Go4 (4.2.4) - which is also an Android based OS. I swapped over to my iPhone 8 and everything then worked fine. So the Android implementation seems unstable regardless of device.
2018-3-24
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find a list of recommended and commonly used phones and tablets here.

Also, check out these tips for setting up an Apple mobile device or these tips for setting up an Android mobile device to run DJI GO as efficiently as possible.
2018-3-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As a general rule IOS works perfectly with DJI drones.
2018-3-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Here is the recommended devices for your reference. Please change a device and download the latest version of app.
app mavic.JPG
2018-3-25
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Sad to hear about your trip falling in the water. Didn't you test the G3 before your trip?

It is a 4 year old Phone though, and one that is fairly known for force closing apps and reboots. I would buy a newer faster Android Phone or IOS device, and stay away from LG, there pretty known for crap phones that don't last. There have been many class action lawsuits against them for that reason.
2018-3-26
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-25 23:45
Here is the recommended devices for your reference. Please change a device and download the latest version of app.

I just checked, I do not see Android version V4.1.18. Latest is Android V4.1.16
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

chiplifter Posted at 2018-3-26 02:55
I just checked, I do not see Android version V4.1.18. Latest is Android V4.1.16

Sorry for my mistakes. The screenshot is old version. And the app info is updated in our website now. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2018-3-28
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-28 03:01
Sorry for my mistakes. The screenshot is old version. And the app info is updated in our website now. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Thanks Elektra for pointing this out.
2018-3-28
Use props
Kalibr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59416 ft
United States

When I first purchased my MP over a year ago, I initially used a LG V10 and began experiencing multiple disconnects and app crashes. I was very disappointed and frustrated and even considered selling the MP.  However, after learning how stable the DJI Go app was on iOS, I decided to invest in my first Apple product, an iPad Mini 4. Since then, I have never had an issue. The DJI Go app seems to work on Android only on a select group of devices.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules