3770 51 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Just updated to new firmware.

I previously used the two C1 and C2 buttons for gimal pitch and yaw and C2 to reset these back to the neutral position.

After updating the C2 button does not reset the Picth (Vertical) back to the horizontal neutral position on the gimbal.  This worked fine on previous version each time you presed the C1 button it would change to Pitch or Yaw modes with the C2 button resetting each mode back to the centre.  Now the C2 button only works for the yaw left to right mode.

Could DJI please look into this as it would seem you have removed the function to reset the vertical pitch back to the central position.
Also where has the simulator gone.  Not present on the home page.  I have 4 icons along the bottom on the new iOS App v 1.1.1 these being Camera,  Director,  Store,  User Centre

Also note we now have the number of satelites captures.  This is welcome news.

Has anyone else experienced these issues ??

2015-5-6
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did today in a software update test run. The C2 did not  not reset gimble back to te center
2015-5-6
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Any comments from DJI on the C2 button feature being removed ?
2015-5-6
Use props
clay.seddon
lvl.1

United States

I am also having that issue along with the video no signal issue.. Enjoying my $4,000 paper weight DJI
2015-5-6
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Here we go...again
2015-5-6
Use props
jon
lvl.3

Canada

I have mine setup the same way, but my C2 button never did reset the pitch, It only ever reset the yaw.
2015-5-6
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Also noted that when I set to PAL switch off and power back up it is reverting back to NTSC automatically. It is not retaining the previous settings.

Come on DJI, it seems to be getting worse rather than fixing bugs
2015-5-6
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Also noted that when I set to PAL switch off and power back up it is reverting back to NTSC automatically. It is not retaining the previous settings.

Come on DJI, it seems to be getting worse rather than fixing bugs
2015-5-6
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

That's interesting. On both this and the  previous firmware. I can not reset pitch, only camera yaw with C2.  C1 toggles between Pitch and yaw modes controlled via the wheel.

It would be great if I could reset both pitch and yaw to a predetermined position.
2015-5-6
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

True, with mine as well.  I'm still not updating..I see too may bugs with this update as well.
2015-5-6
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

jon@thefullers. Posted at 2015-5-7 04:32
I have mine setup the same way, but my C2 button never did reset the pitch, It only ever reset the y ...

Yeah my C1 and C2 buttons both worked previously with the C2 button reseting each mode back to the centre neutral position.
2015-5-6
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will update but only because I don't want my controller to turn off while I'm bloody flying, DJI Technical support team do really need to address these issues, if DJI you are making so much money you do need to spend time and money keeping the customer happy
2015-5-6
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Just powered down and re-started a few times.  The PAL setting is now being retained, but the C1 and C2 reset is still not functioning properly and the simulator appears to be removed altogether, as I can't see it anywhere
2015-5-6
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

The simulator is accessed via the help icon.
2015-5-6
Use props
jeremyconk
lvl.3

United States

The Best part is I just read an evaluation of DJI, and they are being valued at 10 Billion dollars..... YES 10 BILLION !!!
You'd think with that kind of value, they would beef up the customer service, and customer retention side of the company....

They cornered the market with this growing technology, but it's only as good as the next best drone.... I have zero loyalty to DJI, and would jump ship if there were other RTF options on the market....
2015-5-6
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-7 04:59
The simulator is accessed via the help icon.

Ok,  found the simulator.

But still would be nice for some input from DJI on the C2 button resetting both Yaw and Pitch.
2015-5-6
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have C1 set up to reset the gimbal yaw - C2 to switch gimbal yaw/pitch

I have never had the ability to reset the Gimbal pitch to neutral position - just the yaw
So this is nothing new to me - strange.
2015-5-6
Use props
bahamasky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3240535 ft
Bahamas

Same here I was never able to reset pitch only yaw.
2015-5-6
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Exactly!   I would HATE it to reset the pitch, I only want it to center the camera as I tend to get all the way in one rotation or sometimes lose track of the angle so just want it to face forward again.  

I never remember it resetting pitch nor would I want it to.

For me -
C1 = pitch/yaw toggle
C2 = Center Camera
2015-5-6
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

bahamasky@me.co Posted at 2015-5-7 05:40
Same here I was never able to reset pitch only yaw.

Same here , c 2 can only recenter the cams yaw not the pitch ...
So Does It Work With the New Firmware or Not ? .....  Anyone ?
2015-5-6
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

Same here. No pitch reset with the previous ans latest FW.

I found a bug with the latest FW, setting the fail safe altitude will not save. After shutdown and power on it came back to 0. I tried it a few times with iPhone 6 and iPad air 2.

Anyone can confirm otherwise with his case?
2015-5-6
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

I can't seem to get my AE button to work using iPad mini 2.  Anyone else have this issue?  Prior to the update, I was able to push the AE letters and it would turn blue.  Now when I press the letters, nothing happens.  
2015-5-6
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

TheFlyGuy Posted at 2015-5-7 05:53
Same here. No pitch reset with the previous ans latest FW.

I found a bug with the latest FW, setti ...

FlyGuy, where is the fail safe located in the menu.  Can't seem to find it anywhere, the pervious update I had changed it to 30 and it saved.
2015-5-6
Use props
insectorchid3
lvl.2

United States

has any one flown with the new up date 1.2.01.03 ?
2015-5-6
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-7 05:32
I have C1 set up to reset the gimbal yaw - C2 to switch gimbal yaw/pitch

I have never had the abili ...

I agree, never had the second option.
2015-5-6
Use props
Golfo
lvl.2

Mexico

resetting the gimbal pitch has never been one touch. It only ever reset the yaw. It is clear in the manual about this.
2015-5-6
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-7 04:52
Just powered down and re-started a few times.  The PAL setting is now being retained, but the C1 and ...

It says one of the major fixes was in the moire in the picture...have you shot with it yet? Does it look better?
2015-5-6
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Tested the c1 and c2 after upgrade of firmware and the feature hasn't changed , works just as before for me and I didn't even need to set the buttons up again ! C1 for pitch and yaw , c2 for camera nose forward.
2015-5-6
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got done flying.  I checked to see that my C1 & C2 switch were set as I wanted (Reset gimbal yaw and Gimbal Free/follow mode).  The setting was kept from my pre-firmware/software update.  Function worked as before. Mine never reset pitch only the yaw.  I like it that way.

I did not test the Auto take off mode.  Had a very bad experience with that last week resulting in an uncontrollable aircraft and crash.  Time to send mine back to DJI for some repair work.
2015-5-6
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-5-7 06:26
I can't seem to get my AE button to work using iPad mini 2.  Anyone else have this issue?  Prior to  ...

checked AE on mine.  I think it only works when in the camera is in Auto mode vs Manual.  Perhaps that may help you? I'm often confused with the various camera functions. i.e., the EV setting and changing it is a big question mark for me.  
2015-5-6
Use props
woodielb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

If your programmed C2 button  reset both pitch and yaw, you must have the only Inspire in existence that did that. Have only ever been able to recenter yaw from the beginning, as stated in the manual

2015-5-6
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-7 05:48
Exactly!   I would HATE it to reset the pitch, I only want it to center the camera as I tend to get  ...

I agree. It only centered the camera, which makes the most sense. I stopped using the C2 for that because I found myself pressing it by mistake too often and screwing up my shot. So for centering I prefer to use the button on the Pilot App.
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Oh..Just now I did a test and found that a mystery guy did the upgrade in secret...
I'll go check with others about pitch reset.
Edit: No pitch reset in previous firmware.
2015-5-6
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-5-7 06:31
FlyGuy, where is the fail safe located in the menu.  Can't seem to find it anywhere, the pervious  ...

Hi smcbrearty,
go to Mode- MC settings- Advanced Settings- Failsafe Mode.

After the latest FW upgrade the Failsafe value  will set to zero so it's very important to set it again.

In my case i can't save the altitude value. After power off - on it goes back to 0.
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

And I tested with Android device, the PAL setting can be saved, RTH height can be saved as well,  I'll test with an iOS device later.
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

TheFlyGuy Posted at 2015-5-7 13:56
Hi smcbrearty,
go to Mode- MC settings- Advanced Settings- Failsafe Mode.

I replicated it with an iOS device. Seems like an app bug. Have reported to R&D.
2015-5-6
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-7 14:17
I replicated it with an iOS device. Seems like an app bug. Have reported to R&D.

Autumn,

I am 100% certain that I was able to reset both Yaw and Pitch with the C2 button before this last update, so very confused as to how I may have been able to do this, but I did use this and got used to using it.  Perhaps DJI could consider providing this as an option for the user ?
2015-5-6
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Autumn,

On a side note, have you are anyone else experienced the avatars flickering really annoyingly whilst scrolling down the pages on the forum following the forum update.  It doesn't seem do it for all avatars so not sure if it is linked to the size of the post.  
2015-5-6
Use props
capalvch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71125 ft
Venezuela

The one that flickers more is the one you have. I think it has to do with the size as you say
2015-5-7
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-7 15:28
Autumn,

On a side note, have you are anyone else experienced the avatars flickering really annoying ...

We will check it!
2015-5-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules