Spark photo shows abberation
454 9 2018-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
King210210
lvl.1

I bought my Spark about three weeks ago, for an upcoming trip.  The video seems to work fine.  However, I am noticing that all still photos show abberation and are not useable at all!  Has others had similar issues?  I uploaded a couple of photos as examples.
Another issue is that it connects to the controller fine.  But when I turn the controller off and want to use it only connected to my phone (Samsung Galaxy J7), my phone cannot connect to the Spark. (does not fine the Spark's wifi) Is there a solution?  I use the controller all the time so it

abberation

abberation
is not big deal, but it is annoying that something that should work does not.
2018-3-24
Use props
King210210
lvl.1

correction:  I am not sure if "abberation" is the correct term here, but in any case, if you zoon into the photo, (i.e. my face) you will see that it is very fuzzy and cannot make out the details.  The same photo taken at same MP setting (12MP on my Sony camera) is about ten times sharper
2018-3-24
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

King210210 Posted at 2018-3-24 22:03
correction:  I am not sure if "abberation" is the correct term here, but in any case, if you zoon into the photo, (i.e. my face) you will see that it is very fuzzy and cannot make out the details.  The same photo taken at same MP setting (12MP on my Sony camera) is about ten times sharper

When you connect the Spark to the RC, the only WiFi you will see is the one of the RC. I don't know whether there is a workaround to connect to Spark directly (while it is linked to RC) but this behaviour is completely normal.

As to your pictures. Have you tried to download them directly from the SD card ? Either take out the SD card itself or connect the Spark to your PC via an USB cable a check how the pictures look.
2018-3-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Was this taken from the sd card, or from your mobile?
The SD card stores the real picture. Your mobile only holds a scaled down picture.
2018-3-25
Use props
King210210
lvl.1

This is the photo after it has been uploaded onto my computer.   It its 12mp glory (about 5MB in file size).  The grainy-ness of the image makrs it completely unusable
2018-3-25
Use props
King210210
lvl.1

I plan to fly it again today and this time, take photos in manual setting, ISO-100, and see if that helps. (Although I am pretty sure that the above image was also taken at 100-ISO because it was s sunny day and the camera would have chosen 100)
2018-3-25
Use props
King210210
lvl.1

As foe the spark-phone connectivity issue, EVEN WHEN THE CONTROLLER IS OFF, my phone cannot find the Spark
2018-3-25
Use props
Sashi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1469705 ft
Japan

King210210 Posted at 2018-3-25 06:53
As foe the spark-phone connectivity issue, EVEN WHEN THE CONTROLLER IS OFF, my phone cannot find the Spark

Have you tried to press and hold Sparks On/Off button for 6 seconds (or wait for 2 beeps)? HTH's
2018-3-25
Use props
King210210
lvl.1
United States

Sashi>> i will try that and see if it will fix the connectivity issue.  
2018-3-25
Use props
King210210
lvl.1

Tried taking photos with manual ISO-100 setting at different shutter speeds.  All photos are still very grainy.  I will contact DJI customer support tomorrow and see if they can help
2018-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules