Need to point controller upward/ white black lines in sky?
1302 4 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

while flying for the first time with my ipad mini 2, the sky and brighter areas on the ground had white and black lines in the video feed. Is this because it is telling me i need to adjust camera settings or is this a bug? also I have finally taken this thing out to 1.2 miles but what got me there was continually pointing the controller upward when i started to lose controller signal. I have the antennas pointed 45 degrees upward and slightly away from each other like the manual says. Also, this is even worse when flying directly above myself at high altitutes, I practically have to lay on my back. any suggestions? otherwise everything seems to be banging on all cyllinders since the ios app came out.
2015-5-6
Use props
Lurvis
lvl.2

United States

The white and black lines are an overexposure warning feature! I love it just so that I know when a picture is too bright or dark. Depending on the scenery you want to have some areas of white and black lines so that the image doesn't appear too dark. You can turn it on or off in the advanced settings.
So far I haven't flown my P3 out of my backyard yet so I can't help you with the other questions you have.
2015-5-6
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

Lurvis Posted at 2015-5-7 05:21
The white and black lines are an overexposure warning feature! I love it just so that I know when a  ...

wow then that is a great feature and it turns my worries into gladness for sure.

still curious about the best way to physically set up the controller while flying. just flew out to 1.21 miles while starting to get a weak signal warning at about 3/4 mile and i just had to keep pointing the controller upwards it was weird. at least i got good distance though.
2015-5-6
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

Jim.young04@gma Posted at 2015-5-7 06:40
wow then that is a great feature and it turns my worries into gladness for sure.

still curious a ...

What kind of environment were you in?
2015-5-6
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

nickmedici@bell Posted at 2015-5-7 06:50
What kind of environment were you in?

only have flown from my house so far. so a suburban area near the coast. Basically take off from my roof and keep a direct line with the drone as it heads slightly downhill towards the beaches, yet to reach the coast it is 2 miles.
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules