Mavic Air Firmeware Update failed / LEDs flash red green yellow
8962 29 2018-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MatthiasB
lvl.1
Germany

Dear all,
I've got a litte problem updating my Mavic Air.
Launched DJI Go 4, restarted drone und RC and tried to start the firmware update.
At 94% the drone restartet and since that point the drone LEDs are flashing red, yellow, green (self diagnoses) and I can't connect wirh DJI Go or the DJI Assistant. I also can't press the rear button to connect with WiFi.

Any further ideas to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Matthias

2018-3-25
Use props
MatthiasB
lvl.1
Germany

Tried again this morning. Still the same: Indicator-LED flashes red - green - yellow and front-LEDs (forgotten to say yesterday) show solid red.

Is there a possibility to restart the Firmware-update via SD-card for example?

Parallel send a mail to the support. Let's wait and look what happens.

Thanks again :-)
2018-3-25
Use props
MatthiasB
lvl.1
Germany

Support told me to send it to the repair dept. only 4 weeks old. Well - let's see what happens.
2018-3-26
Use props
fansf6a3a749
New

Hello Matthias,

the same thing happened to me last Sunday. Had a phone call Monday with the support, no possibility to do anything. The Air was no longer recognized by the Assistent software. Immediately after the call, I received the ticket and sent it. Arrival at the support was today, repair is running and should be done in 2-3 days. I am positively surprised by the process.
2018-3-27
Use props
MatthiasB
lvl.1
Germany

fansf6a3a749 Posted at 2018-3-27 13:59
Hello Matthias,

the same thing happened to me last Sunday. Had a phone call Monday with the support, no possibility to do anything. The Air was no longer recognized by the Assistent software. Immediately after the call, I received the ticket and sent it. Arrival at the support was today, repair is running and should be done in 2-3 days. I am positively surprised by the process.

Thanks. Same to me. Recieved the Ticket-ID, send it to DJI on mondays, today i got the shipment-confirmation back to me. Hope it'll arrive tomorrow. Annoying fact but very impressed of the support. Hope i won't need it again :-)

Thanks Repair Dept in Germany :-)
2018-3-28
Use props
fansf6a3a749
New

Great, I've just finished reporting and received ups tracking for the return.

According to serial number get another Mavic Air.

Have already had 3 other DJI Copter before the Air and never needed the support. Processing time super fast, hope that everything is back up and I do not need the support if possible.

Have fun for you too.

Thanks to the DJI Support for the fast and friendly processing and happy Easter from the vicinity of Braunschweig / Wolfsburg
2018-3-28
Use props
fans064e615d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10650 ft
Brazil

Hi, I'm from Brazil but I bought mavic air in USA. I'm having the same problem reported above, I would like a solution since I can not use warranty support for distance. I've already tried to upgrade to DJI GO by DJI Assistant 2 and it did not work. I can not use Mavic because it asks for this update to work. Is it possible for any administrator to help me? I'm waiting, I'm desperate. Thank you.
2018-3-29
Use props
fans064e615d
lvl.1
Brazil

fans064e615d Posted at 2018-3-29 05:59
Hi, I'm from Brazil but I bought mavic air in USA. I'm having the same problem reported above, I would like a solution since I can not use warranty support for distance. I've already tried to upgrade to DJI GO by DJI Assistant 2 and it did not work. I can not use Mavic because it asks for this update to work. Is it possible for any administrator to help me? I'm waiting, I'm desperate. Thank you.

2018-3-29
Use props
djiuser_5r8rd8ryxECS
New
Israel

Сегодня купил DJI air. Через DJI go 4 пытаюсь сделать обновление. Завис на 44%. Help!!!
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

MatthiasB Posted at 2018-3-28 01:40
Thanks. Same to me. Recieved the Ticket-ID, send it to DJI on mondays, today i got the shipment-confirmation back to me. Hope it'll arrive tomorrow. Annoying fact but very impressed of the support. Hope i won't need it again :-)

Thanks Repair Dept in Germany :-)

Hi MatthiasB, so sorry to reply you late. I'm glad to know that you have contacted our support and solved the issue, hope you can receive the drone soon and have a good time on flying.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansf6a3a749 Posted at 2018-3-28 02:01
Great, I've just finished reporting and received ups tracking for the return.

According to serial number get another Mavic Air.

You are so grateful for sharing your story with us, this absolutely brings us a great confidence and motivation to keep moving. Hope you can receive your drone soon, wish you have a great time on flying, please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any further questions, we're glad to help.
2018-3-29
Use props
soarestiago
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-29 19:21
Hi MatthiasB, so sorry to reply you late. I'm glad to know that you have contacted our support and solved the issue, hope you can receive the drone soon and have a good time on flying.

Help, please! I have tried several times to upgrade the update and I did not succeed. Thanks!
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_5r8rd8ryxECS Posted at 2018-3-29 11:38
Сегодня купил DJI air. Через DJI go 4 пытаюсь сделать обновление. Завис на 44%. Help!!!

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. If you are unable to update the firmware via DJI GO4 app, could you please try the DJI Assistant 2? Please follow the tutorial video below to update the firmware again, thanks.

2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hi, so sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried the DJI assistant 2 to update the firmware for the Mavic air? Please check the tutorial video shows on the floor 13#. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!
2018-3-29
Use props
soarestiago
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-29 19:31
Hi, so sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried the DJI assistant 2 to update the firmware for the Mavic air? Please check the tutorial video shows on the floor 13#. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!

yes, I already used DJI Assistant 2 software, not success. Is there another solution to upgrade? Thank you for now
2018-3-29
Use props
soarestiago
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-29 19:31
Hi, so sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried the DJI assistant 2 to update the firmware for the Mavic air? Please check the tutorial video shows on the floor 13#. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!

At 92% of the update process mavic will turn off, turn on and show the red light ... after that there is an error information in the update as shown above.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

soarestiago Posted at 2018-3-29 19:36
At 92% of the update process mavic will turn off, turn on and show the red light ... after that there is an error information in the update as shown above.

Hi, is there an error code when you failed the update via DJI assistant 2? If yes, please provide a photo of the error message in the DJI assistant 2, at the same time, please upload the error log and PM your account name. We'll look into it, thanks in advance!
2018-3-30
Use props
soarestiago
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-30 02:13
Hi, is there an error code when you failed the update via DJI assistant 2? If yes, please provide a photo of the error message in the DJI assistant 2, at the same time, please upload the error log and PM your account name. We'll look into it, thanks in advance!

This is the error message I get when I upgrade. I've tried several times, always the same mistake.

DJI account: tc.soares@hotmail.com

I'll be waiting, thanks.

2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

soarestiago Posted at 2018-3-30 14:20
This is the error message I get when I upgrade. I've tried several times, always the same mistake.

DJI account:

Hi, thank you so much for providing the information. May I confirm that have you uploaded the error log?  If not, please click the button "upload error log" and make sure the log uploaded success, thanks again.

2018-3-31
Use props
soarestiago
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-31 00:32
Hi, thank you so much for providing the information. May I confirm that have you uploaded the error log?  If not, please click the button "upload error log" and make sure the log uploaded success, thanks again.

[view_image]

Good night, Diana! Yes, I uploaded the error log. I'm waiting for a solution, I need to do a job but before I need to solve this situation as soon as possible. Thank you
2018-3-31
Use props
soarestiago
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-31 00:32

[view_image]

Hi Diana,

I had another problem updating my Mavic Air. I opened the DJI Go 4, and tried to start the firmware update. With 94% of the drone restarted and since then, the drone LEDs are blinking red, yellow, green (self-diagnosis) and I can not connect to DJI Go or DJI Assistant. I also can not press the back button to connect with WiFi.

Any additional ideas to solve this problem?
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

soarestiago Posted at 2018-4-1 09:38
Hi Diana,

I had another problem updating my Mavic Air. I opened the DJI Go 4, and tried to start the firmware update. With 94% of the drone restarted and since then, the drone LEDs are blinking red, yellow, green (self-diagnosis) and I can not connect to DJI Go or DJI Assistant. I also can not press the back button to connect with WiFi.

Hi, so sorry for that case happened. Have you tried to restart the drone? It is still under self-diagnosis or not? Thanks!
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

soarestiago Posted at 2018-3-31 19:55
Good night, Diana! Yes, I uploaded the error log. I'm waiting for a solution, I need to do a job but before I need to solve this situation as soon as possible. Thank you

Hi, thank you for your confirmation, however, I have checked several times and there still no error log to be found in your account. Under this situation, you are recommended to contact our support to get a case number and send the drone in for a full diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your support!
2018-4-1
Use props
MatthiasB
lvl.1
Germany

Got my drone back today (UPS took a bit longer....). It's working. Reallyreally impressed of the fast service! Thanks!
2018-4-3
Use props
Straylight1
New
Flight distance : 27841 ft

This happened to me today while attempting to update firmware. I was updating via the Assistant on a PC, it got to 95% (it had just restarted itself) and stalled there. I waited 20 minutes per DJI instruction, but then after I rebooted the MA would not talk to the app, the PC or the assistant software. It was stuck flashing red/green and would not respond to holding the button down either.

Service issued me a RA, and it will go out tomorrow. I do hope the issue gets identified and resolved. I hate the idea of dreading every update potentially turning my flying machine into a brick.
2018-5-3
Use props
erygin
New

Russia

Dear all, I have the same problem

I've got a litte problem updating my Mavic Air.
Launched DJI Go 4, restarted drone und RC and tried to start the firmware update.
At 100% (Upgrade failed)  the drone restartet and since that point the drone LEDs are flashing red, yellow, green (self diagnoses) and I can't connect wirh DJI Go or the DJI Assistant. I also can't press the rear button to connect with WiFi.

Any further ideas to solve this problem?

Thanks
2018-6-24
Use props
fans2f445996
New
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hello guys,

I'm having the same issues as above..I bought my Mavic Air yesterday, brand new, could't even fly it because it needed to update..
I have updated Mavic Air Firmeware but it failed and after that the aircraft went under self-diagnosis , while  LEDs flash red green yellow

Can't access my aircraft at all, it just flashes, can't connect it to DJI Assistant nor the RC, nor does the button to connect work.
I have managed to downgrade the update on my RC with the DJI GO app, but with the aircraft still nothing...

Did any of you guys managed to resolve the issue?

Thank you!

2019-6-3
Use props
djiuser_KXGKENc145UO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8219 ft
Canada

having the same problem please help
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_KXGKENc145UO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8219 ft
Canada

My ma is out of warranty is there anything i can do on my end to force an update
2020-5-9
Use props
Atlanta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 335679 ft
Belgium

Here also the same problem LEDs flash red green yellow and I can´t connect with the dji assistant 2 software for reflash the mavic air.I tested with and without microsd and with 4 different battery's.
How can I go out the (self diagnoses) function mode?Please help.
In 06/2018 the assistant 2 was working successful with my red mavic air only after installing the assistant 2 software after the F7 (disable driver signature enforcement) and then the mavic air hardware driver was recognized correctly.
The only thing I can think is that I turned on the remote id for the Usa two days before and the self-diagnoses continue to run at the start-up. (green yellow red).
Thanks in advance.

35742259_10215255642560003_5023117647428976640_n.jpg
35741069_10215255643240020_190052320027869184_n.jpg
35893231_10215255642920012_1141632900328849408_n.jpg
2022-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules