Loss of signal
704 7 2018-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse4bd62c1
lvl.1

Hi
I have just purchased my Phantum 4 pro and went to fly it is a very large open space for the first time. Inially it said IMU initialisation which lasted 5 minutes then It just would not hold signal at all and was unflyable as it kept connecting and disconnecting every few seconds. Eventually it landed itself. When i tried to control it it was very jerky most likely as a result of the constant connect / disconnect

I took it back home several miles from where i had been and tried again with similar results, then i changed the signal from 2.4 to 5.8 and this time it seemed to work

When i first got the drone the seal on the box had been removed (it was only whilst watching the support videos that i reralised this). other than this the drone appears brand new with all protection stickers in place etc. Updating seemed to be hard work and slow and the app also seems to be very slow

It was overall a very dissapointing experience. What I am worried about is have i got a faulty drone?

All firmware was fully up to date

Thanks

Dave
2018-3-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Honestly, if my brand new drone was shipped with the seal broken I would ship it straight back - especially if you are starting to get all of these issues out of the box.
2018-3-25
Use props
fanse4bd62c1
lvl.1

Yes, feeling the same way at the moment - to clarify the main white box it came in was sealed, it was inside on the grey polystyrene carry case that the seal was missing. Also noticed a little insert at the end of the propeller arm that you remove for say the rotor guard is missing on one arm
2018-3-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Dave, I'm sorry for the troubles. May I know where do you purchase the drone? Did the seller sell it as a brand new drone? I managed to get the SN via the forum info, and sorry to tell you that it is not a brand new drone. Could you double check?

Regarding the drone issue, please try to refresh the firmware and calibrate the IMU to see whether it helps.
2018-3-26
Use props
fanse4bd62c1
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-26 02:16
Hey Dave, I'm sorry for the troubles. May I know where do you purchase the drone? Did the seller sell it as a brand new drone? I managed to get the SN via the forum info, and sorry to tell you that it is not a brand new drone. Could you double check?
Regarding the drone issue, please try to refresh the firmware and calibrate the IMU to see whether it helps.

Susan

I did buy this as a brand new drone from Drones for less. But I fear it is one they have had returned faulty. the problem with Drones for less is they seem to be based in new York, depite the London address

Do you know the history of this drone?

Regards

Dave
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fanse4bd62c1 Posted at 2018-3-26 02:21
Susan

I did buy this as a brand new drone from Drones for less. But I fear it is one they have had returned faulty. the problem with Drones for less is they seem to be based in new York, depite the London address

Per the system records, it is a refurbished unit which should be available in the US market. Due to the warranty is not global, I'm sorry that you can not get a local warranty if you are in the UK. Have you contacted the seller to check the exact status? If they do not help, we're glad to help if you can send the drone to our US service center.
2018-3-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drones for less is not good, US warranty if out goes wrong you got to pay to send it back, good luck with their customer service :/
2018-3-27
Use props
fanse4bd62c1
lvl.1

Hi

Just to update, I now have a replacement from Drones for less which is a brand new (confirmed by DJI) drone that works fine - at last I am flying

Drones for less customer service is slow to react but really quite good eventually, certainly best to contact them via facebook as well, ie hassle them a bit - i just think they should be honest about their location, so people know what they are buying

Thanks for your comments
2018-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules