Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPad Charging
3127 11 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alterastro
lvl.2

United Kingdom

My iPad doesn't charge when connected to the controller. Seems a shame if that is how it is.... Should it?

2015-5-6
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

iPhone 6 plus won't either. You don't want it to charge your iPad though. 1. it wouldn't increase your charge at all because the iPad battery is big. 2. It will actually mess your iPad battery up.
2015-5-6
Use props
Alterastro
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I guessed as much, but it would be nice as a) the battery in the controller is pretty big and b) the app i've noticed is pretty power hungry!
2015-5-6
Use props
BrewserB
lvl.1

United States

Alterastro Posted at 2015-5-7 05:35
I guessed as much, but it would be nice as a) the battery in the controller is pretty big and b) the ...

So you want to charge your iPad with the controller and eat the battery juice to fly the drone? An iPad can run for about 10 hours on a charge. Why even worry about it?
2015-5-6
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
United States

Alterastro Posted at 2015-5-7 05:35
I guessed as much, but it would be nice as a) the battery in the controller is pretty big and b) the ...

That I completely agree with. It has drained my iPhone 6 plus in two flights.
2015-5-6
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

BrewserB Posted at 2015-5-7 06:22
So you want to charge your iPad with the controller and eat the battery juice to fly the drone? An ...

The iPad certainly can't run the DJI Pilot App (flying, outside with full brightness, video streaming etc.) for 10 hours :-)

I do think you're right, that it is a good idea that it does not charge the iPad by default. But it would be neat if you could flip a switch in the app that engaged charging.
2015-5-6
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

So, l assumed the small white USB that comes with the Phantom would connect from the back of the transmitter into the ipad. Mine does not fit into the ipad. Where and what am l supposed to connect please?
connector.jpg
2015-5-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-7 09:35
So, l assumed the small white USB that comes with the Phantom would connect from the back of the tra ...

You need to use the lightening cable that you use to charge your iOS device.  The micro USB connection will not work.
2015-5-6
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Thank you, all is connected and activated now. l'm almost sorry l did it, this is what it came up with!
warning.jpg
2015-5-6
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-7 09:59
Thank you, all is connected and activated now. l'm almost sorry l did it, this is what it came up wi ...

One of them is for calibration and the other one may go away by unplugging and plugging it back in.
2015-5-6
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks. l tried unplugging, switching everything off and reconnecting. Now it says not connected. Both updates said "success" on the txt files on both the sd card and the stick. l'm starting it again for the copter, it's still beeping. l'll see if things go better this time.
l checked the ribbon cables and everything looks perfect.lt did get extremely hot after the upgrade though. l don't mean very warm, l mean hot, like a pot on the stove hot. l think it has issues...
2015-5-6
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

nickmedici@bell Posted at 2015-5-7 10:48
One of them is for calibration and the other one may go away by unplugging and plugging it back in ...

Sorry, forgot to hit reply
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules