New Update is Failing to Install
1459 13 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Hey guys! Anyone having problems installing the newest firmware? I am having a hell of a time. The RC updated perfectly but craft did not. I am reading around but I cannot find a solution...Did anyone find a way to fix that issue?!?!?!?! Thank you!

UPDATE!!! The update has succeeded!!!! I went to a local dealer and they used a different camera to do the update and it worked My original camera works perfectly with the update...This looks like a glitch with the firmware that only allows a certain number of cameras to allow the update!
2015-5-6
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

How are you installing the update?
I always update the bird first using the card in the camera. I never use an external USB hookup. Once the bird is updated, hook the controller to the camera via the USB cord and it will update the controller. Always update the  bird first and always update through the camera on the Inspire.
2015-5-6
Use props
mhervey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 324843 ft
United States

Mine updated no problem. I also update the aircraft first with card in camera, then the controller via USB.
2015-5-6
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Follow the instructions on the PDF. file in the firmware update file. I had no problem.
Make sure that you format your sd card. Only storage devices that are formatted for FAT32 and exFAT file systems are supported for aircraft and remote controller firmware updates.
2015-5-6
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

Mount, slick your card using app. Place .bin file on it. Put it in your gimbal. Leave your controller off. Turn on inspire. Wait for beeping to change beep pattern. Done.
2015-5-6
Use props
peterconquest3
lvl.2

United States

Hope you have solved your issue by now, but if not... perhaps try to extract the files once the .bin file was copied onto the microSD card, and then do the AC, and then the RC. See for details...

21#
25#
2015-5-6
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

peterconquest3 Posted at 2015-5-7 11:35
Hope you have solved your issue by now, but if not... perhaps try to extract the files once the .bin ...

I still get the long beep indicating failure! Ugh....and I have tried updating probably like 20 times.... I have updated flawlessly before, why is it happening now...DJI wants me to send the bird in. I won't do it because of the slow turnaround. I will find a local dealer and hopefully they will be able to help me out. How long did you update take all-together?
2015-5-6
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-5-7 11:46
I still get the long beep indicating failure! Ugh....and I have tried updating probably like 20 ti ...

My update with the bird was around 8-10 minutes tops.
Controllers were 2-3 minutes tops.
2015-5-6
Use props
victoredicao
lvl.1

Brazil

hello, I'm having a problem updating. it tries to update about 7 minutes and fails. I am already with this issue since the last update last month. I live in Brazil and bought my equipment abroad. I need to resolve this. I tried to update the same control with the error, he gives video signal loss and a message that is locked for update.
2015-5-7
Use props
peterconquest3
lvl.2

United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-5-7 11:46
I still get the long beep indicating failure! Ugh....and I have tried updating probably like 20 ti ...

The AC was about 10 mins, the RC less than 5 mins. Each additional battery maybe about 2 mins each. Did you get yours working today? I hope so! Good luck!
2015-5-7
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

peterconquest3 Posted at 2015-5-7 23:29
The AC was about 10 mins, the RC less than 5 mins. Each additional battery maybe about 2 mins each ...

Nope still working on it!!! A guy with the same exact error numbers was able to get a successful update after lots of time spent with trial and error. Which means that I will have to do the same
2015-5-7
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

UPDATE!!! The update has succeeded!!!! I went to a local dealer and they used a different camera to do the update and it worked My original camera works perfectly with the update...This looks like a glitch with the firmware that only allows a certain number of cameras to allow the update!
2015-5-7
Use props
peterconquest3
lvl.2

United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-5-8 03:14
UPDATE!!! The update has succeeded!!!! I went to a local dealer and they used a different camera to  ...

COOL!  Congrats!
2015-5-7
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Thanks man
2015-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules