Prop Guard Quick Release
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jackanderson201
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone.

I like to fly with prop guards in certain senarios, but often when shooting a more serious video I'll want to have them off. I know you can buy off brand prop guards that come with the quick release, but does anyone know where I could buy a pair of prop guard quick releases' that are compatible with the standard dji Phantom 2 prop guards. I already have prop guards so I think it would be redundant to buy another set of prop guards just so they could work with a quick release.

Thanks.
2015-5-6
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i know of no such product to date.  i was in your situation and just ended up springing for a second set.  
2015-5-6
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Quick release prop guards
2015-5-6
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

Atlanta hobby has prop guard quick release mounts for the Dji prop guard.
DJI prop guard mount
2015-5-6
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-5-7 09:20
Quick release prop guards

Damn Ray I liked those! Too bad they're so expensive. I don't mind paying up for something and was ready to bite the bullet for two sets at $40 a set but then they tried to get another $23 for UPS ground! Nah, not today. Thanks for the info though, you can sure find the goods!

Jerry
2015-5-6
Use props
dCon0ne
lvl.2

United States

So, the choices are,  do I buy a  Quick Disconnect Prop Guard Set.  With what looks like a sturdy mount. ($30.00)    Or   4  Snap-On Cups, that you screw YOUR guards to. ($35.00)
  I think my Phantom Guards are going on Ebay, oops.
2015-5-6
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-7 09:57
Damn Ray I liked those! Too bad they're so expensive. I don't mind paying up for something and was ...

Yeah, that's a little too much. I don't know if I like the string going around them. Seems like they would make a set that would snap on to the motor pod. They do have the orange and black that ship Prime.
2015-5-6
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

totally awesome, thanks for sharing, those werent an option when i got my 2 sets.  ill prob pick this up because i like having the ability to use it without having the fixed piece (adapter) always on there with or without the guards themselves on the snap ons i have now.
2015-5-6
Use props
rawveeda
New

United States

You might want to check out:

http://aerial.bestemusa.com/Phan ... -from-DJI_p_12.html

They also make their own versions of prop guards with quick release.

The prices seems a bit better. & their quick release guards got pretty good reviews on other websites.
2015-5-7
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

but those, like the ones i already have, require you to have a rigid piece of plastic stuck onto the arm when not using the snapped on parts.  the ones above are self contained in the guards themselves, i really like that aspect.
2015-5-7
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-5-7 19:35
but those, like the ones i already have, require you to have a rigid piece of plastic stuck onto the ...

Gnixon,

Exactly! The pucks that have to be placed on the bottom of the arm are going to show in some of the video shots. I had/have a set of snap-on's but took them off because of that. I love these that just snap on with the originals but the shipping really is ridiculous!

Jerry
2015-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules