do you fly with extra ID or any other equipment on your drone?
3967 19 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

I feel like I should write my name/number on the drone, but also worry about it coming back to haunt me for some reason (as we know drones can upset some people). I also wonder if I should attatch any floatation to the legs or arms incase of a water crash (repairable somehow). what do you do?
Single SelectVote, Total 115 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-5-6
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

I put my name and number on it. Then I hope the last known position will help me find it if it's lost.  (not that I know how to find that)  I don't really care about my name on it because I won't be doing anything questionable with it.  Floatation I've pondered a few times.  Not really sure how much it would take and how it might impact flight and stability.  If I had the money to spare and try this I'd do it.  http://www.liquipel.com/

2015-5-6
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

so do you guys just sharpie your name and number on the drone?
2015-5-6
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

Trackimo and a phone number label

2015-5-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Two Snakes Posted at 2015-5-7 07:47
I put my name and number on it. Then I hope the last known position will help me find it if it's los ...

I was already told in a previous thread, that they don't do RC drone water proofing treatments, any more...

RedHotPoker
2015-5-6
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have the Trackimo, its not giving you any issues mounted there? And with it zip tied like that it doesn't swing down?
Thanks
2015-5-6
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

Has anyone had big enough problems that they need to track it? Just sent it 300ft up and you won't hit anything and if you do it by the book it won't fly away.
2015-5-6
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

jasper7821@yaho Posted at 2015-5-7 09:12
I also have the Trackimo, its not giving you any issues mounted there? And with it zip tied like tha ...

It's Velcro down.  Not tied.  It is tethered to landing gear.  No problems with flight I may add a Velcro strap like on my helis securing the flybarless system
2015-5-6
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

My trackimo is the same - velcro and then strapped to landing gear. I think it will hold fine.
2015-5-6
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Any floatation that would keep the Phantom dry is going to be too big to fly with.
It would be in the camera's view and affect flight characteristics.
This guy does great Phantom labels  http://www.uavstickers.com/products-dji-phantom.php
2015-5-6
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ntfa@sbcglobal. Posted at 2015-5-7 10:16
It's Velcro down.  Not tied.  It is tethered to landing gear.  No problems with flight I may add a  ...

Cool, thanks
2015-5-6
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2015-5-7 11:28
Any floatation that would keep the Phantom dry is going to be too big to fly with.
It would be in th ...

I used to use these keychain water buoyshttp://www.water-buoy.com
2015-5-6
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2015-5-7 11:28
It would be in th ...

not to keep it dry, just to keep it. i figure a drone to send back for repair at all is better than just no drone..
2015-5-7
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

deleted.....
2015-5-7
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

trackimo, name and number on it, business card inside it.  i feel better with the trackimo on it.
2015-5-29
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

I just went to staples and bought some small address labels - they can fit three rows of text.  I put the classic - "*** Reward if Found ***", then my name, number and email address.  I bought my original PH2 from a guy who just used a sharpie and wrote his name and number on it.  It was really sloppy looking.  I had to use rubbing alcohol to get the writing off.
2015-5-29
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

WalletMart cheap $24.00 label maker works great. That's what I use.
2015-5-30
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-5-30 13:01
I just went to staples and bought some small address labels - they can fit three rows of text.  I pu ...

hmm i was thinking about using sharpie too. At the end of the day, the look of the drone doesn't matter does it?
2015-5-30
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Well, if you ever want to sell it, then a removable method might be best.  I never thought I would ever sell my Phantom 2 ... until the Phantom 3 was announced.  : )  
2015-5-30
Use props
walter.de.rooij
lvl.2
China

Trackimo as well. Never needed it but gives me peace of mind
2016-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules