Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Perfect iOS/Lightning cable for P3 / P4 remote
11839 14 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
denny
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30144 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hard to get too excited over a cable, but I found the perfect iPhone/iPad cable for use with the Phantom remote. Exactly the right length for use with full-size iPad Air (and fine with the iPhone/Mini), nylon jacket so the cable won't wear after repeated unplugging/plugging like plastic will, and available in gold or silver that perfectly accentuates your Phantom 3 Pro or Advanced! Plug it in to the remote and it completes the color-coordination with your drone.

http://amzn.to/1F6neMn

I got the 1-foot Gold model and it looks great with my P3 Pro. No slack to dangle and catch on something, but not a too-tight fit either. You'd think it was designed for the combo!

2015-5-6
Use props
leoamartinez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Thank you! Just ordered a pair of those...
2015-5-6
Use props
dhills
lvl.3

United States

Thanks I just order a pair also.
2015-5-6
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 183694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the silver cable. It should be a better match for the Phantom remote.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=PMVHT5RDQEEHYRQO

2015-5-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased the silver cable as well.  I will be here on Thursday.
2015-5-6
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

I'm personally looking for a cable with a "L-shape" so it's not sicking straight out of the iPad...
2015-5-6
Use props
mswall
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I ordered the gold one.  Because it's gold.
2015-5-6
Use props
gcmini
lvl.2

United States

Ordered as well (silver).  Thanks for the tip.
2015-5-6
Use props
coreynach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208589 ft
United States

I ordered silver and gold.... because that's how I roll!

2015-5-6
Use props
denny
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30144 ft
  • >>>

@Rothgarr, did you ever find a short l-shaped cable? Never did find a Lightning cable like that. (The Cambond cable's still going strong, though I had to get a bigger one for my ridiculous connection of my 12.9-inch iPad Pro. : )
2016-10-4
Use props
fans31d017ba
lvl.1

Iceland

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KUCIPA-L ... AjgcxFMap6gfFUnNYxA
2016-12-27
Use props
lSu1d4bM5fZ6
New

United States

I don't use a cable in-flight currently. Should I be?  Can I?  I have the Phantom3 Standard and there appears to only be one input on the front of the remote
2016-12-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Do you need one? Since the Phantom 3 Standard uses its own wifi network to fly, there quite probably, is no need to plug your RC into the device. ;-)http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-sta ... troller#sub-feature
BUILT-IN WIFILinking your mobile device to your Phantom through the DJI GO app is easy with an enhanced WiFi range extender that’s built right into the remote controller. Connect to the Phantom’s WiFi network to see a live view, access advanced camera controls, and more.

Yes, no! As I would have presumed to assume it never needed cabling to connect the RC to your device, it's all wifi ...

RedHotPoker

2016-12-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Speak up man, what's the hurry? Tell us what you found there. Ah ok an L shaped plug, awesome.

I quite like the spring loaded one myself. Spring... Haha

Presently using the 1/2M regular spastic fantastic plastic cable from the iApple iStore. Ihaihaiha

If you have a cable that you find too long, you can always easily make it into a coiled cable.Wrap it it tightly around a pencil, then apply some heat, from a heat gun or even m' ladies hand held hair dryer.
Warm the cable up real good, then just let it cool. When you pull the pencil out the end, wala...
Yeah, I know. It's true magic, and the cable will remain much shorter unless you stretch it out, but it will recoil, and help keep it out of the way.

Don't thank me, someone else showed me that trick, & he used a magic wand.. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-12-28
Use props
fans44816e9b
New
United States

What cable are you suppose to use for updating the "No Fly Zone" data to the drone? I use an Ipad and I don't have any cable that can go from my Ipad to my Drone. What do I need to get to do this?
2017-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules