Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The real root cause of flyaway (Petition thread) to remove the danger
829 16 2018-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_dFXv88EjMq36
lvl.2

Spain

Please reply for petition

1. Short limited range

Pilots always want to film somewhere you would not reach by ground so once radio looses signal which happens majority of the time due to fw limited range, signal loss opens up the opportunity for flyaway. And is the only reason for flyaway.

By multiple means once signal loss occurs

Momentary Lack of gps
Momentary Gps error
Momentary Compass error
Momentary Software automation error
Gps speed too slow vs sudden gust (automation has no sports or atti mode)
Forecasts are not always accurate.

A minimum 90% of flyaways would not have happened and will not happen with a radio fully enabled.

If DJI unleashed the range limiting of radios. By enabling full power and channels

Flyaways would become a thing of the past.

Please reply for petition

Flyaways are very dangerous and the most dangerous passive factor in rc aviation that can inevitably cause unforseen accidents in the future.

2018-3-25
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Seriously dude, learn how these things actually work.
Absolutely nothing you have written makes the slightest sense.
2018-3-26
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

I am not sure about 90% of fly aways  being entirely due to radio power.

Fly aways are extremely rare, and an educated guess would be that they are more likely to be due to such things as:

Home point not being set correctly.

Aberrent setting of  waypoint in litchee or GS.

Compass error.

If you are flying below 400 ft and in Visual Line of Sight, I would be very surprised if there was not adequate RF link quality, for full control of the UAS.

Of course, these are just my opinions and I am sure others will have their views too.
2018-3-26
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-3-26 01:29
Seriously dude, learn how these things actually work.
Absolutely nothing you have written makes the slightest sense.

Based on your reply, you have no idea what you’re talking about whether you realised yet or not.
His point is correct because flyaways only happen on signal loss. You need to read it again and accept the fact.
The main trigger of a flyaway is signal loss. Without signal loss, the flyaway can’t occur. There are many complications that can happen when a signal loss occurs.

I don’t understand your negative expression for an innocent user that’s presenting a safety point but it seems your murdering yourself with youre own anger and hate.
2018-3-26
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So they never happen on autonomous missions (e.g. Litchee), where failure of the rf link means zilch?

Farnk is right, you guys need to understand a little more about how the UAS operates in different situations.

If not operating autonomously,  on RF link fail, the UAS will return to the last set home point under RTH rules.

If this home point is not the home point you were expecting, then you may  possibly interpret this as a fly away.
2018-3-26
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

Des_B Posted at 2018-3-26 01:43
I am not sure about 90% of fly aways  being entirely due to radio power.

Fly aways are extremely rare, and an educated guess would be that they are more likely to be due to such things as:

I agree they are rare. Homepoint not set however is user error, the OP states the rare cases that are not user error.
To have full signal on a any area especially with some form of obstacle or interference, the radio controller has to be at the highest points of the location.
You’re not able to do that all the time or have access to those best take off spots.
2018-3-26
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg Posted at 2018-3-26 01:56
Based on your reply, you have no idea what you’re talking about whether you realised yet or not.
His point is correct because flyaways only happen on signal loss. You need to read it again and accept the fact.
The main trigger of a flyaway is signal loss. Without signal loss, the flyaway can’t occur. There are many complications that can happen when a signal loss occurs.

Seriously dude - get a clue.

"because flyaways only happen on signal loss." - no they don't. This is a nonsense statement that indicates you really aren't sufficiently aware of how these devices work and how they react in the case of a loss of control signals.

If a DJI UAV loses signal it will hover in place for a few seconds, then if signal is not regained it will return to home.

The primary cause of fly away incidents is a poor IMU calibration.

Suggest you both spend some time reading and learning rather than posting nonsense.
2018-3-26
Use props
djiuser_dFXv88EjMq36
lvl.2

Philippines

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-3-26 02:30
Seriously dude - get a clue.

"because flyaways only happen on signal loss." - no they don't. This is a nonsense statement that indicates you really aren't sufficiently aware of how these devices work and how they react in the case of a loss of control signals.

There's no way of flyaway if you have not lost signal. Regardless of GPS. If it hovers and does not return then that itself is already a flyaway. Learn to read before you claim non sense.
2018-3-26
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

I've had p3p flyaway because of 3 reasons the OP said. It does happen on signal loss.

The first flyaway was due to software when the p3p had a problem in the old fw, although I still think it can happen but unlikely.
2nd flyaway was due to gps error, definitely not lack of gps. Probably because of old fw too.

3rd flyaway, gps speed was too slow sudden wind gust stronger than forecasted, it failed to RTH. I just saw the p3 disconnect then it started drifting in the air and when gps kicked in, it did not escape the wind.
2018-3-26
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Can I please draw your attention to the current DJI Inspire 2  manual, page 15. Failsafe RTH.

On this page you will see that it states if the remote controller signal is lost for more than 3 seconds, the aircraft will hover for 10 seconds at its current location, before intiating RTH

This is definitely not a fly away.

Which DJI aircraft are you using, djiuser_dFXv88EjMq36 and djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg?

2018-3-26
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

Des_B Posted at 2018-3-26 04:09
Can I please draw your attention to the current DJI Inspire 2  manual, page 15. Failsafe RTH.

On this page you will see that it states if the remote controller signal is lost for more than 3 seconds, the aircraft will hover for 10 seconds at its current location, before intiating RTH

Look at my aircraft list. I had a p3 pro but sold it to a relative. It did hover and never RTH on 2 occasions. Software error and gps error. It never lacked gps. On the other occasion strong wind blew it when it disconnected and just hovered and when gps kicked in, it slowed down but still got blown. My radio did not reconnect as it was about 500m+ away in distance
2018-3-26
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

But my cousin never had a flyaway because he rarely flies it too far away to the point of signal loss.
And the more later fws I think fixed the issue. Still think it can happen but unlikely
2018-3-26
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

The wind definitely made it flyaway but hey if it does not return home then the drone failed to do its job. Good thing the p3 was durable enough when it fell from the tree twice...
2018-3-26
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
United Kingdom

all noted.

I am retiring from this thread, I have much better things to waste my time on.

Cheers
2018-3-26
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_dFXv88EjMq36 Posted at 2018-3-26 03:46
There's no way of flyaway if you have not lost signal. Regardless of GPS. If it hovers and does not return then that itself is already a flyaway. Learn to read before you claim non sense.

You are just wasting everyone's time here - you are completely mistaken, keep making nonsense statements and clearly have no basic understanding of the technology and how it works...

We have been flying these things for many years and understand how they work and what causes issues in flight. We have spent the time to learn, read and understand what we are doing.

Mods, please delete the thread.

2018-3-26
Use props
Henry M.Y.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I find it difficult to concur with your statement of "And is the only reason for flyaway."

To name a few other scenarios / reasons:-

A) Strong headwind completely deters the Aircraft's ability to fly back home;

B) Reckless taking off without duly registering the home point, resulting with flying towards last recorded home point (could be far far away) when Smart RTH is manually triggered by the pilot;

C) Pilot panic during accidental activating ATTI mode of Inspire 1 and cannot properly react against aircraft drifting under wind; and

D) Pilot ignored low battery warnings, desperately cancelled Low Battery RTH and allow aircraft to exhaust its battery far away from home point.

In any of the above scenarios, flyaway will be resulted but not because of lost of RC control signal.

I am with Farnk666 and I don't want to waste my time further responding to this thread - full stop.

Henry

2018-3-26
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

People who choose a nonsensical username such as djiuser_dFXv88EjMq36 or djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg are spammers.
They just need to be ignored by other users, and banned by the admins.
2018-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules