Winter's over! Wake up, Phantom! ...
711 6 2018-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Naturally, after several months of winter hibernation my Phantom 4 Pro Plus woke up totally disoriented, barely remembering parents name (FW 01.04.0602, I believe Clinton was in White House ) ... Time to upgrade and update, and the usual tribal DJI dance begin. RC first ... bin file unzipped and on SD card ... card inserted into RC slot ... power up ... wow, it works! Succes reported, reboot than! ... Wait a minute, red warning NEW FIRMWARE AVAILABLE on start up page ... Aha, so I updated RC and Go 4 app on Android build-in device only, now's the time for aircraft update ... I think so ... let's try DJI assistant method since there's no aircraft FW bin file to download ... USB cable from Phantom to computer ... power on ... yoy, this new FW is like 3 versions ahead! ... push Update button ... unbelievable, it works! ... Reboot than! ... and read the About page ...  
App 4.1.22,
Aircraft 01.05.0600,
Precise Fly Safe Database for aircraft and app 01.00.01.09,
Basic Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.07

Finally, system version 1.3.6.0 (found in display device System Settings>Update)

Good to fly or not? ... let's read latest release notes ... Hmm, DJI Go 4 app for Android should be 4.2.6 ... Oh well, let's fly ...

Well, she flies fine so far ... The only thing I can't solve is this annoying Precise Fly Safe Data Upgrade: Ignore/Download notification (why?), which - when attempted - shows USB connection diagram ... Nothing is happening, however, no matter what I do ... Instructions needed, please.  

2018-3-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Matthew, it seems that you have got the latest Fly Safe Database, please choose Ignore at this moment. Our engineers have been aware of this and will fix it soon. Thanks so much for your feedback.
2018-3-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-26 00:03
Hey Matthew, it seems that you have got the latest Fly Safe Database, please choose Ignore at this moment. Our engineers have been aware of this and will fix it soon. Thanks so much for your feedback.

Thank you, Susan ...
2018-3-26
Use props
Visiondude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31385 ft

I’m having trouble  upgrading to the new firmware. I’ve got a P4P with Crystalsky UB. How do I connect the aircraft?  Assistant is non-functional...doesn’t want to get along with High Sierra on my mac. Getting pretty frustrated!
2018-4-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

Visiondude Posted at 2018-4-1 09:46
I’m having trouble  upgrading to the new firmware. I’ve got a P4P with Crystalsky UB. How do I connect the aircraft?  Assistant is non-functional...doesn’t want to get along with High Sierra on my mac. Getting pretty frustrated!

Do you have a chance to use an Windows 10 computer with DJI Assistant 2 installed? Some people are reporting issues with Apple version.
2018-4-1
Use props
Visiondude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31385 ft

No I don’t have access to Windows 10. What I want to know is where can I connect the usb cable from the ac to the Crystalsky. Normally I would plug it into the lightning connection on an iPad.
2018-4-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

Visiondude Posted at 2018-4-1 16:54
No I don’t have access to Windows 10. What I want to know is where can I connect the usb cable from the ac to the Crystalsky. Normally I would plug it into the lightning connection on an iPad.

OK, this may be the answer ... On Crystal Sky body you'll find two USB ports, one standard size and other is micro size. Smaller should talk with either aircraft or RC, let me know ...
2018-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules