Mavic Air Leg Extension
2510 12 2018-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6e87d552
lvl.2

Australia

Anyone has any ideas regarding leg extensions for the mavic air that are any good? So far its just the polar pro, but are there any other brands to compare to?
2018-3-25
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

I've gone for the Pgytech's, haven't use them yet, but they look less intusive and more aerodynamic then the Polar Pro's. They also pack front and back legs together when not in use, so less clutter in the bag. Haven't come around into using them, but I expect no problems.

pgy-tech-landing-gear-extension-dji-mavic-air-drones-1000x1000.jpg

2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We don't recommend using the unauthorized third-party accessories, as I hear some cases about the failure of the drone due to the similar parts. Thanks for understanding.
2018-3-26
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-26 04:09
We don't recommend using the unauthorized third-party accessories, as I hear some cases about the failure of the drone due to the similar parts. Thanks for understanding.

Hi DJI Thor, is DJI going to authorise 3rd parties or maybe even make landing extenders themselves?
There is a demand here for them, a Mavic Air gimbal pointing down is not even a centimeter off the ground.
2018-3-26
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487566 ft
United States

I use the pgytech gear also. I haven’t had any issues with performance so far. In regards to the gear causing drone failure.. I believe third party leg extensions are the least of dji’s worries as to AC failure.. solid updates that don’t render the AC flight characteristics unreliable would be nice.
2018-3-26
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-26 04:09

TBH can you relay a message to the engineers that they need to consider making the landing gears just a tab bit longer.  That gimbal is millimeters away from the ground on take off.
2018-3-27
Use props
ChasesDronePics
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198990 ft
United States

I agree with other people here, there needs to be a message relayed to the engineers to make the legs longer or to have the DJI landing gear attach better. The front leg attachments for my MP have fallen off easily even after I attach them correctly. The gimbals are very close to the ground always. I have a landing/take off pad, and I would rather have DJI or some kind of authorized parts for the legs rather than the pad.
2018-3-27
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-26 00:24
I've gone for the Pgytech's, haven't use them yet, but they look less intusive and more aerodynamic then the Polar Pro's. They also pack front and back legs together when not in use, so less clutter in the bag. Haven't come around into using them, but I expect no problems.

[view_image]

Use these as well no issues
2018-3-27
Use props
HighMesa
lvl.4
United States

SkyBug Posted at 2018-3-26 06:56
I use the pgytech gear also. I haven’t had any issues with performance so far. In regards to the gear causing drone failure.. I believe third party leg extensions are the least of dji’s worries as to AC failure.. solid updates that don’t render the AC flight characteristics unreliable would be nice.

Well said sir
2018-3-27
Use props
HighMesa
lvl.4
United States

PgyTech... Low rider vs. Monster truck?
2018-3-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd use the PGYTech version if you must use them
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-26 04:18
Hi DJI Thor, is DJI going to authorise 3rd parties or maybe even make landing extenders themselves?
There is a demand here for them, a Mavic Air gimbal pointing down is not even a centimeter off the ground.

Noted this, I will forward this request to our engineers.
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Acenspades Posted at 2018-3-27 06:45
TBH can you relay a message to the engineers that they need to consider making the landing gears just a tab bit longer.  That gimbal is millimeters away from the ground on take off.

Sure. Will forward this opinion to our engineers.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules