Tracking drift in Head Tracking Gimbal mode
1275 3 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa9d2e20e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1918793 ft
Hong Kong

I finally took the time to use my DJI Goggles with my Mavic Pro. I tried Head Tracking Gimbal, but the tracking drift a lot (not sure if that's the right terminology), I had to turn my head to the right and up further and further to compensate for the drift, basically I had to reset the head tracking every min or the centre drifts too far that my head couldn't compensate anymore. I tried resetting the goggles' internal IMU to no avail. Any idea?

Thanks
Kenneth
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, please try to use other device to fly your Mavic pro and see if it drifts. Any video of the situation? Please tell me the firmware of your drone and goggles. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-27
Use props
Macbrush
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1918793 ft
Hong Kong

I didn't mean the drone itself drift. It's actually the centre cross on my goggles keep moving to the right and above, that means i have to turn further and further right and look up more and more to look at the centre. Someone suggests that there is an issue with the tracking if I turn my head pass beyond certain point, is that true?

Thanks
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Macbrush Posted at 2018-3-27 23:43
I didn't mean the drone itself drift. It's actually the centre cross on my goggles keep moving to the right and above, that means i have to turn further and further right and look up more and more to look at the centre. Someone suggests that there is an issue with the tracking if I turn my head pass beyond certain point, is that true?

Thanks

I see. Please shoot a video of this situation. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Or you can PM me. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules