Dji go 4.2.8 (android) choppy video feed transmission
2110 8 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

I've just installed Dji Go 4.2.8 (android on galaxy s6 and latest firmware on mavic pro) and I have very choppy video feed transmission (mostly when panning drone) with many annoying "micro freeze" .
This is the same exact issue that I had also with v. 4.2.6, so I don't really know what DJI fixed in this release... 

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? 

P.S. I' ve clean installed the app (uninstalled version and deleted DJI folder on the phone before install the new version)
2018-3-26
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

Try changing the video transmission to regular/normal mode
And try smooth and HD mode as well
Use the one that is the smoothest

2018-3-26
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Italy

Ok thank you very much I'll try!

My only doubt is why I never experienced any issue in video transmission (leaving all settings on default value) in 4.1.XX versions of dji go app...
2018-3-26
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If that does not resolve your issue, try these tips for optimizing Android devices to run DJI GO more efficiently.
2018-3-26
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Italy

Ok I'll try thank you!
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, is it the video feed freezing or it also is freezing in the original video from the SD card? If it is the video feed, please try to change another location, avoid the interference if possible, try to switch the mobile device to airplane mode. You can also try to reinstall the latest app, remember to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation.
If it doesn't help, please provide me with a video of the transmission interface, I will forward to our engineers to check.
2018-3-26
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Italy

Hi Dji Thor thank you, mainly I have micro freezing and minor lag in live video feed, but I can randomly  see this freezing also in the videos stored in the SD card.
It's strange because I fly in the same exact location (interference free)  where I flight with v 4.1.XX and I never had this kind of issue before, in my case this problem popped up since v. 4.2.XX.

As soon as I can fly again I'll provide you a video of the transmission interface

P.S. My device was set in airplane mode and I freshly installed new app (uninstalled old version and deleted DJI folder on the phone before installing latest version)  
2018-3-26
Use props
Clayfree
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56188 ft
United States

I am experiencing choppy video also since upgrading to 4.2.8. My devices are dedicated and optomized with only DJO Go and set to airplane mode. I use a Nexus 7 and a Huawei XT2. I was getting great results with the Huawei running 4.2.6. I just acquired the Nexus 7 and was getting ready to test it against the Huawei when I got the DJI Go upgrade, now both seem to be choppy. I will try the above recommended settings and see if that helps.
2018-3-26
Use props
djiuser_JwYFE3QKythT
lvl.1

Belgium

Tried everything... No solution so far. Samsung s9+...
2019-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules