12Next >
5059 42 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
4WDaus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

New gun in play for the commonwealth games on the Gold Coast. News reports tonight it has already brought down its first illegal flyer.
2018-3-26
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Thank god that these jammers are forbidden by law in the EU, even authorities can't use them.
2018-3-26
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-26 01:52
Thank god that these jammers are forbidden by law in the EU, even authorities can't use them.

Indeed, they are non-discriminatory - they give the impression of being highly targeted but in fact they would disrupt a bunch of other comms in the area too. Plus the range would be proportional to the amount of disruption - so to have a high powered 'beam' to 'bring down a drone' at range say 500 metres the cone angle of the beam would encompass a host of other receiver/transmitters in the area. In so doing would breach preceding telecoms laws in the EU.

The most likely scenario is a more directed approach, using the now mandatory drone digital ID - much like an IP address for a computer - where by direct override control would be done via an 'air traffic control' station. No need for a 'gun' that looks more like its a BFG from Doom!
2018-3-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the vid/info - glad we don't have that in the UK.
2018-3-26
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

I like Texas-like approach more.

2018-3-26
Use props
eried
lvl.4
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Denmark

Why is that drone not returning home? :O
2018-3-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oops.
Not too good.
I can see the threads like : I had a shoot away....
2018-3-26
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-3-26 02:15
Indeed, they are non-discrimination - they give the impression of being highly targeted but in fact they would disrupt a bunch of other comms in the area too. Plus the range would be proportional to the amount of disruption - so to have a high powered 'beam' to 'bring down a drone' at range say 500 metres the cone angle of the beam would encompass a host of other receiver/transmitters in the area. In so doing would breach preceding telecoms laws in the EU.

The most likely scenario is a more directed approach, using the now mandatory drone digital ID - much like an IP address for a computer - where by direct override control would be done via an 'air traffic control' station. No need for a 'gun' that looks more like its a BFG from Doom!

Maybe we spoke to soon

The Netherlands will be given a demonstration center for anti-drone technology

Sydney-based manufacturer of drone jammers and DroneShield drone detection systems will open a demonstration center in the Netherlands.  That reports the Australian news site Business News.  The message about the anti-drone test center follows a large order from the European distributor ForcePro.

Jam and detect

DroneShield offers solutions in the field of drone detection (DroneSentinel) and disrupting communication between a drone and its driver (DroneGun).  Civil use of such drone jammers is not permitted in EU countries, but law enforcement and defense organizations are very interested in technology and may use jammers under strict conditions to immobilize a suspected drone, for example.   ETC...

Original newsitem in English and Dutch

2018-3-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Great info thanks for sharing.
2018-3-27
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I read that Drone Shield and any other jammer type drone defense will most likely only be for government use  .
Most every country prohibits anyone  from using any type of jamming equipment.

I also read that most drones to day have a failsafe feature that if communication is disrupted it would RTH.
2018-3-27
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Suriname

Jamming Will be for large gatherings like festifals. Makes sense.
2018-3-27
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-27 08:01
I read that Drone Shield and any other jammer type drone defense will most likely only be for government use  .

Return to home even if GPS is disrupted?  

I wonder if the gun is giving it a constant land command at much higher signal power than the operators remote control.  Its not like the remote isn't broadcasting its id code so others can't spoof it.

Still easier to launch a small race drone up to kiss the camera drone.
2018-3-27
Use props
ChasesDronePics
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198990 ft
United States

Well, this makes me sad.
2018-3-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Wow, that is something.
2018-3-27
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-3-27 09:40
Return to home even if GPS is disrupted?  

I wonder if the gun is giving it a constant land command at much higher signal power than the operators remote control.  Its not like the remote isn't broadcasting its id code so others can't spoof it.

The DroneGun is the brainchild of tech firm DroneShield and this is from there ad.

The weapon works by jamming a Radio Frequency (receiver signal)   in the drone, taking away control from the pilot and gently landing the drone safely on the ground.

The DroneGun will block video transmission back to the pilot, as well as the drone's GPS, halting any chance for the pilot to regain control.

2018-3-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Betting this will escalate.  Nerds and 4-chan types will gladly pickup Gauntlet and slap back.
Already have an idea as to how.  But I won't post-it out of worry some "types" would use it.
2018-3-27
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-27 12:26
The DroneGun is the brainchild of tech firm DroneShield and this is from there ad.

The weapon works by jamming a Radio Frequency (receiver signal)   in the drone, taking away control from the pilot and gently landing the drone safely on the ground.

.. or knowing where it landed - to try and get it before the DroneShield operators do! I can see someone out there building a counter measures device to out power the gun.
2018-3-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-3-26 02:49
I like Texas-like approach more.

https://img.etsystatic.com/il/2fec89/1432120098/il_570xN.1432120098_trir.jpg?version=0[/img]

Texas huh?

How about this one.
No Trespassing!
Violators will be violated.
Survivors will be persecuted.
2018-3-27
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
United States

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-3-27 12:31
.. or knowing where it landed - to try and get it before the DroneShield operators do! I can see someone out there building a counter measures device to out power the gun.

The AD also said
The gun is designed to stop drones with explosives or other weapons strapped to them using radio waves.

Has anyone seen a Mavic with explosives or other weapons strapped to them?
2018-3-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-27 12:38
The AD also said
The gun is designed to stop drones with explosives or other weapons strapped to them using radio waves.

Not me.  Still the potential is there.  From one video showing a test lift, Mavic Pro was able to pull upwards with a lift barely over 2lbs.  As they say, a little C4 goes a long ways.
2018-3-27
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's from about 18 months ago. Is there a newer version out or something?
2018-3-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Drone enthusiasts already working on ruggedized drone.

Won't take long before an implementation to drone and remote transceivers is made, that will make drone gun ineffective.
Followed by Drone gun maker, making changes.
Followed by Nerds and 4-chan types making another change.

Mean while, us law-abiding types will get caught up in middle, suffering consequences of Drone / Anti-drone Wars.
2018-3-27
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-27 12:38
The AD also said

Yes...

https://dronedj.com/2017/11/13/d ... b-seized-in-turkey/
2018-3-27
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-27 08:01
I read that Drone Shield and any other jammer type drone defense will most likely only be for government use  .

Not if it jams the GPS as well.
2018-3-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Looks like homemade bomb was setup to be released by (well known) activation of drone lights.
Leaving off rest, to keep from giving cave-brats any ideas.
2018-3-27
Use props
Rawsome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

it almost looks like its the same guy fly and shooting lol
2018-3-27
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
United States

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-27 14:18
Yes...

https://dronedj.com/2017/11/13/dji-mavic-pro-rigged-with-bomb-seized-in-turkey/

I forgot ,
I did see that  before. Did I mention I am old??
2018-3-27
Use props
dji TO88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Good to know, thanks for sharing!
2018-3-27
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

It will soon be available on eBay....
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, thank you so much for your sharing, hope more pilots know that and fly the drone legally.
2018-3-27
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

You remember that DJI malfunction where the active track fails and dives at the tracked subject...
2018-8-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

I guess NFZ means just that or else suffer the consequences
2018-8-19
Use props
Robottler
New

Spain

It is a pity that today all sorts of difficulties and problems. Therefore, drones are affected. They are shot down or used for military purposes.
2019-1-4
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rawsome Posted at 2018-3-27 16:24
it almost looks like its the same guy fly and shooting lol

A good guy and his evil twin maybe?
2019-1-4
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

My drone gun lol
DSC00013-01.jpeg
2019-1-4
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Just check out the share price over the last few weeks DroneShield Shares Australia
2019-1-4
Use props
4WDaus
lvl.4
Australia

Boffin Posted at 1-4 19:32
Just check out the share price over the last few weeks DroneShield Shares Australia

Guess they thought Gatwick might prompt their product being using at all airports?
2019-1-11
Use props
4WDaus
lvl.4
Australia

Boffin Posted at 1-4 19:32

Guess they thought Gatwick might prompt their product being using at all airports?
2019-1-11
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Interesting story
2019-1-11
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

4WDaus Posted at 1-11 12:26

You read that one right 4WDaus, I think that it's party time at DroneShield after this announcement U.K. Airports to get new protection.

I knew that I should have bought a bag of shares in that company
2019-1-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules