Strange gimbal behavior
1384 10 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_BJ8iHkelhMmI
lvl.1

Norway

I have excactly the same problem as in this video, starting with excactly the same "shutter or so" and sometimes I get the erratic behavior of the gimbal starting with gimbal looking up right at the prop, then down left and image vertical the image 45 angle then vertical opposite side then returning to level, always the same prosedure and excactly like in the video here. Mostly it happens when flying into wind or in crosswind. It never happens when flying backwards. Calibrated IMU and gimbal in DJI assistant, newest firmware and GO 4 app. Any ideas of solution anyone? Please I do not want to send it in to DJI and wait a month for getting it back.

2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the gimbal shaking issue, please help to confirm if you are in Sport mode, the gimbal might act like this when it is in Sport mode or doing a break in P mode. For the gimbal issue, please try to refresh the firmware, if it happens very frequently, please send the drone in for repair. Please contact our support for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-26
Use props
djiuser_BJ8iHkelhMmI
lvl.1

Norway

I have tried in sport mode and in P mode it seems to happen more often in sport mode and the gimbal shaking is exactly the same as in the video every time and mostly when I fly in a straight line direct into wind (no braking). The gimbal shaking happens often, maybe every 10 sek.The gimbal totally freaking out happens once or twice on one battery life flight.
2018-3-26
Use props
djiuser_BJ8iHkelhMmI
lvl.1

Norway

It happens even more often in sport mode, but it happens every 10sek or so in P mode.
2018-3-26
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

djiuser_BJ8iHkelhMmI Posted at 2018-3-26 04:06
I have tried in sport mode and in P mode it seems to happen more often in sport mode and the gimbal shaking is exactly the same as in the video every time and mostly when I fly in a straight line direct into wind (no braking). The gimbal shaking happens often, maybe every 10 sek.The gimbal totally freaking out happens once or twice on one battery life flight.

That is not good! I wouldn't fly it. Take Thors advise and try to re-install the FW and do all the calibration(s) required. Last but not least send it in if it persists.
2018-3-26
Use props
djiuser_BJ8iHkelhMmI
lvl.1

Norway

Of course I will try to reinstall the newest firmware that I have with dji assistent and once again do all the calibration and then fly it again. It flies really good and precision landing is always spot on, it is only the thwich/shaking and then the gimbal freak out. When I then hit return home on the controller always precision landing spot on.
2018-3-26
Use props
djiuser_BJ8iHkelhMmI
lvl.1

Norway

So now i reinstalled my newest firmware and did all the calibrations again, but with no luck. I howewer refuse to wait one month for DJI to repair this so i will try myself or someone more competent than me, if you have any suggestions how to fix this please let me know. This is my video from my Mavic pro today:
2018-3-26
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

It looks like the gimbal is trying to do a re-calibration in mid-air! (That's the gimbal flip-out bit). The 'jello' effect looks like the gimbal is adjusting to some spurious signal - in your videos this happens a couple of times then it drops into re-calibration mode. Check that the gimbal is properly attached and locked in place on the gimbal plate - as it could stem from a physically misaligned fixing point/tang.
2018-3-29
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

What firmware are you using? .400 and .700 seem to have been proven to be the most stable thru the update firmware circus......
You might want to try to down rev to see if that works, before you do bite the bullet and send it in...
Is your Mavic still in Warranty period? If not, check out "Thunderdrones", he may have some suggestions.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwA37fpWnVtzuwTeBsRz15g

2018-3-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10368153 ft
Canada

what is the very worst thing that can happen to the gimbal as well as the most expensive?  if Gimbal is still working from side to side from top to bottom at least that shows that it has a bit of manoeuvering?.
2018-4-1
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20561 ft
United States

djiuser_BJ8iHkelhMmI Posted at 2018-3-26 04:55
Of course I will try to reinstall the newest firmware that I have with dji assistent and once again do all the calibration and then fly it again. It flies really good and precision landing is always spot on, it is only the thwich/shaking and then the gimbal freak out. When I then hit return home on the controller always precision landing spot on.

before you send it in, PLEASE READ MY POST with same issue.  I did send it in and this is what's happening.  They will NOT consider this warranty work.

Gimbal Issue NOT Warranty Issue
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules