40670 36 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans611934cb
New

Nicaragua

Hello,
i purchase an Osmo Mobile 2.
when i turn On the gimbal it gets straight for a few seconds and after that it goes down.
in some cases the gimbal gets straight and does not go down. And when i see that i connect to the app and click Auto stabilize
the process begins normal. after finish it gets straight for a few seconds and gets down again.

1- battery is charge.
2- Is this a gimbal problem or what can i do?
2018-3-26
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you balance the phone on the gimbal in both the pitch and roll (X and Y) axis before you power the gimbal up?
2018-3-26
Use props
fans611934cb
New

Nicaragua

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-3-26 07:21
Did you balance the phone on the gimbal in both the pitch and roll (X and Y) axis before you power the gimbal up?

Hello
I did not, i have done that and looks like everything is good now
lets see if everything will be ok, i will test more
2018-3-26
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans611934cb Posted at 2018-3-26 07:39
Hello
I did not, i have done that and looks like everything is good now
lets see if everything will be ok, i will test more

Great news that it is working now.

2018-3-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Maybe it is good to start with some DJI tutorials
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Glad to know the issue has been figured out, please note the balance is very important for the gimbal performance, please read the user manual or watch the tutorial video to use Osmo Mobile 2 properly, hope you have a great time with it.
2018-3-26
Use props
djiuser_aGT4IsADPqvu
New

France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-26 23:48
Glad to know the issue has been figured out, please note the balance is very important for the gimbal performance, please read the user manual or watch the tutorial video to use Osmo Mobile 2 properly, hope you have a great time with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fWe1o2RjZY&t=106s

hello I bought a DJI Osmo mobile 2 a few weeks ago now I get the balance and the phone remains stable but when I try to calibrate it works to the left and the right but it does not work no high down, then the phone hangs and apart from repeatedly pressing the button m it does not want to work. what to do thank you already for your answers
2018-5-26
Use props
Risharde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2881 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

What the original poster was experiencing was the tell tale signs of how the gimbal responds to an unbalanced phone. It seems that the gimbal tries to balance the phone but goes into a sort of fail safe mode a few second later because the motors are straining to keep the phone balanced. You can have a look at this video where I show how to balance the gimbal in detail with one or two extra tips compared to the original how to video. Balancing is important to ensure the life of your gimbal is long (especially the motors), if you don't balance it the best way possible, you will reduce your battery lifetime and perhaps burn out the motors eventually.

2018-6-17
Use props
djiuser_244xf8eqEheB
New

Sri Lanka

Hi in my case I perfectly balance the phone and when turned on after a while it's not balance and either not properly working in the lock mode and completely turning to one side and does not face me. Firmware is also updated to the latest. Pls help. I'm wondering whether I need to replace this
2018-11-3
Use props
Mohammed Husain
New

India

Hi..  I have a osmo mobile 2.. I have an issue with the motor coming in frame. How do I adjust it? I've balanced it properly but still it keeps showing in the right hand corner of the frame. I've tried sliding the phone to left but then have to add counter weight which I have to add to. Is there any permanent solution to it? Any help would be appreciated.
Note I use Samsung galaxy s9
2018-11-5
Use props
pk007
lvl.1
Sweden

Mohammed Husain Posted at 11-5 05:54
Hi..  I have a osmo mobile 2.. I have an issue with the motor coming in frame. How do I adjust it? I've balanced it properly but still it keeps showing in the right hand corner of the frame. I've tried sliding the phone to left but then have to add counter weight which I have to add to. Is there any permanent solution to it? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Mohammed
I have the same issue with galaxy S6. DJI support told me to return the product for repair but since in Sweden you can return product within 30 days, I am going to exchange it now and see if I get the same issue. Since nobody else complaint on this issue I think it could be a faulty product. Lets see.
2018-11-13
Use props
pk007
lvl.1
Sweden

Mohammed Husain Posted at 11-5 05:54

I exchanged my mobile2 with new one but still same issue. Now I also got official reply from this forum that its due to wide angle lens, DJI support told to move the phone little on opposite side of motor till we get that motor part out of footage and then balance the phone again. They also told me it should not affect the gimbal performance. Hope this helps...
2018-11-13
Use props
djiuser_ukP037dZvpH0
New
United States

I have the Osmo Mobile 2 and the power won't stay on long enough to connect to the Bluetooth. I believe it is fully charged but hard to tell because it powers itself off.
2018-12-7
Use props
gaslep
New

Canada

Did any of you have experienced the motor at the right of the iPhone becomming very hot ? I used my Osmo 2 for an hour or so. Then I quit for a couple of hours. Then I light it back... After a while the Osmo could not keep the working position and fall. The white lights were ON and the green light was flashing. I could return to the upright position for few second, pushing 2 times on the power button, like I read in the manual It worked, but after few seconds, it falled again. The I remarked the right rotule (motor) was very hot. Is that normal ? ( for all the procedure, the iphone was well balanced, and the battery charged. I use an iPhone 6+) Thanks
2018-12-23
Use props
William Burbano
New

United States

Hi. I received the OsmoMobile 2 yesterday from Amazon. I checked the instructions and saw several tutorials on line whilst the devise was charging.  I balanced my iPhone X max in both axes as perfect as I could. I turned the Osmo on by pressing the on/off bottom x 1.5 sec  until the lights, including the green, got solid....and wait and wait but nothing happened. I tried several times with same results. I have been checking all over internet trying to find a solution without success. I don't think I am doing anything wrong. So, what's the next step.
2018-12-23
Use props
djiuser_eV9nhNqLJhur
New

Australia

I have an issue with my 2. I've had it about 6 weeks and its started to droop down left or right so the horizon isn't straight in the video. So annoying! I thought it was just that I needed to recharge it. But that made no difference. I'll be sending mine back, they better not all be like this
2018-12-23
Use props
djiuser_eV9nhNqLJhur
New

Australia

Just after posting my comment in this thread dji sent me some firmware for a 'rare' shaking on the gimbal which I'd been experiencing but hadn't reported, and this not only fixed shakiness but also the drooping. Super happy thanks
2018-12-23
Use props
thechina
lvl.1
United States

William Burbano Posted at 12-23 21:26
Hi. I received the OsmoMobile 2 yesterday from Amazon. I checked the instructions and saw several tutorials on line whilst the devise was charging.  I balanced my iPhone X max in both axes as perfect as I could. I turned the Osmo on by pressing the on/off bottom x 1.5 sec  until the lights, including the green, got solid....and wait and wait but nothing happened. I tried several times with same results. I have been checking all over internet trying to find a solution without success. I don't think I am doing anything wrong. So, what's the next step.

same here. It's stupid. My mavic air also had abysmal instructions in the box. Need to use google and youtube to figure out anything.
2018-12-26
Use props
Czar_Acv
New
Chile

I have the same issue.

Have you found any solution?

I tried with Iphone and Android to see if it was a problem related to the mobile
2019-1-8
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-26 23:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fWe1o2RjZY&t=106s

That should be on the manual. I remember the first time I put my phone in and couldn't figure how to balance it properly.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

darkfull1 Posted at 1-11 15:04
That should be on the manual. I remember the first time I put my phone in and couldn't figure how to balance it properly.

Hi darkfull1, it is on the User Manual and Quick Start Guide,  both starting from page 5: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
If you have any concern, you can always keep us posted.
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Czar_Acv Posted at 1-8 11:52
I have the same issue.

Have you found any solution?

Hi Czar_Acv, may I verify if you have balanced the gimbal properly before powering on?
2019-1-13
Use props
fansa7291c7c
New

United States

I am having a similar problem. I have the newest iOS and DJI Go app and the app says connected to Osmo Mobile 2 but NO controls work. When clicking on Bluetooth icon, it says connection broken. Also even without the app, with Osmo Mobile 2 fully charged and perfectly balanced with IPhone XS, when turned on, the Motors do not function at all. No controls work and I’ve never once seen the motors try to move or make a noise. This unit is brand new anencephaly I’ve followed all instructions. So the app doesn’t work and the gimbal doesn’t work either. Please help!
2019-1-16
Use props
alfred lopez
New

Ecuador

hola tengo un problema con mi osmo mobile 2..coloco el celular como indica el manual y al momento de encender empieza a mover los motores en toda dirección y no se estabiliza...
probé con algunos teléfonos porque pensé que se debía al tamaño de los mismos pero no funciona...
que puede ser lo que le sucede
2019-1-25
Use props
alfred lopez
New

Ecuador

William Burbano Posted at 2018-12-23 21:26
Hi. I received the OsmoMobile 2 yesterday from Amazon. I checked the instructions and saw several tutorials on line whilst the devise was charging.  I balanced my iPhone X max in both axes as perfect as I could. I turned the Osmo on by pressing the on/off bottom x 1.5 sec  until the lights, including the green, got solid....and wait and wait but nothing happened. I tried several times with same results. I have been checking all over internet trying to find a solution without success. I don't think I am doing anything wrong. So, what's the next step.

yo tuve el mismo problema y la solución que me dieron era cambiarlo por otro...
2019-1-25
Use props
sagar sivan
New

India

I got my new gimbal
But its not stable
Always in sleep mode
Please tell me a solution please
2019-2-15
Use props
Dji - Sig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 685850 ft
Brazil

djiuser_eV9nhNqLJhur Posted at 2018-12-23 21:45
I have an issue with my 2. I've had it about 6 weeks and its started to droop down left or right so the horizon isn't straight in the video. So annoying! I thought it was just that I needed to recharge it. But that made no difference. I'll be sending mine back, they better not all be like this

my osmo 2 sometimes goes crazy next to my note 8, I do all balance of the xy axis, but sometimes the motors move alone and madly making the celualar if it is very strong until the osmo and sometimes the motors connect and sometimes happens to begin to turn the screen horizontally slowly, my Osmo stayed like this after the Firmware update.
2019-3-10
Use props
Dji - Sig
lvl.1
Brazil

djiuser_eV9nhNqLJhur Posted at 2018-12-23 21:45

with my happening the same, and sometimes the Osmo makes the cell phone debating strongly.
2019-3-10
Use props
Dji - Sig
lvl.1
Brazil

djiuser_eV9nhNqLJhur Posted at 2018-12-23 22:08
Just after posting my comment in this thread dji sent me some firmware for a 'rare' shaking on the gimbal which I'd been experiencing but hadn't reported, and this not only fixed shakiness but also the drooping. Super happy thanks

about this Firmware as it was sent to you?
2019-3-10
Use props
djiuser_r45sVoY5p1xT
New
Indonesia

Help me, my led DJI osmo mobile 2 always red solid, and when i pair with my phone, It's suddenly random move. Gimme the solution please
2019-5-29
Use props
fanscc040942
lvl.1

Canada

I have the Osmo mobile 2. I’m trying to create a 10 minutes movie. When ever I hit the complete button. It doesn’t create the movie. I always have a message, video output failed and this takes over an hour. It loads up to about 72.28%. I need to be able to complete this movie and share with friends. Please assist.
2019-7-21
Use props
fans29e79e31
New
Peru

I Contact Dji support and i sent the osmo in warranty to Holland.
It returns to me...the same! They say that it s not balance perfectly!?!?!?
But this is robbery of money.
This is the video and i got more and more
I have no words now I live in Perù and impossible to re send the unit to Holland.
I’ll never bue DJI product
This is Chinese quality....

2019-7-22
Use props
fans29e79e31
New
Peru

fans29e79e31 Posted at 7-22 22:02
I Contact Dji support and i sent the osmo in warranty to Holland.
It returns to me...the same! They say that it s not balance perfectly!?!?!?
But this is robbery of money.
This is the photo with the link video
2019-7-22
Use props
Alwyn Jordaan
New

Namibia

Hi I have a dji osmo 2. When i record a video the picture is clear and it record but  when i stop the recording my screen turn green with no picture, and when i press record again the picture appears and it record again! What can be the problem ?
2019-8-3
Use props
Alwyn Jordaan
New

Namibia

Hi i have a osmo 2 and when i take a video it is good but when i stop the recording my screen turn green with no picture and when i press record again the picture appears and  itrecord again. Why does the screen turn green
2019-8-3
Use props
djiuser_FThkbAExubTm
lvl.1

Austria

Hello
I have a problem
When I switch my DJI Osmo Mobile 2 on the gimbal rotates and spins uncontrollably, I am not sure what to do! We have changed no settings to do with the gimbal it just suddenly happened one day. Furthermore there is no visible damage on the exterior.

Thanks,
2020-7-27
Use props
napoleone
New

Italy

djiuser_FThkbAExubTm Posted at 7-27 03:00
Hello
I have a problem
When I switch my DJI Osmo Mobile 2 on the gimbal rotates and spins uncontrollably, I am not sure what to do! We have changed no settings to do with the gimbal it just suddenly happened one day. Furthermore there is no visible damage on the exterior.

Same problem here, the Osmo Mobile 2 tilts lopsided, the manual calibration is correct. But nine out of ten the automatic calibration crashes and goes crazy,
is there a firmware that i can install manually? I currently have 2.2.0.30
2020-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules