Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FiLMiC Pro iOS software update
3084 13 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigPeteTO
lvl.2

FiLMiC Pro just pushed out an iOS update that has "...basic support for DJI OSMO Mobile 2." I haven't check out what features it has as yet. Test will be coming soon. I don't own an Android device, so don't even ask, heh, heh!

Filmic Pro update.jpg
2018-3-26
Use props
soupie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I can't see it making any difference - the record and zoom button still don't work on OSMO 2. Seems useless.
2018-3-26
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

The OM2 record button is now working with Filmic Pro for iOS.  That is a great start and what I think we needed most to work.  Do not select DJI OSMO Mobile in the Hardware section of Filmic Pro settings as this is only for the original OSMO Mobile and not the OSMO Mobile 2.  Also, make sure that you have a good Bluetooth connection between the OM2 and your phone before you start the Filimic Pro app.

What we now have with Filmic Pro iOS app and the OM2:
Direction control (left, right, up, down)
Record on/off while in video mode
Shutter while in camera mode
Mode button one click and two click work as expected but mode button three click does not switch between front and rear camera (switching cameras must be done through the Filimc Pro settings menu).

This is a good initial start by the Filimic Pro folks.  I am glad that they when ahead and gave us the record button function while they are still working on the full OM2 integration into Filmic Pro.

2018-3-26
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-3-26 09:05
The OM2 record button is now working with Filmic Pro for iOS.  That is a great start and what I think we needed most to work.  Do not select DJI OSMO Mobile in the Hardware section of Filmic Pro settings as this is only for the original OSMO Mobile and not the OSMO Mobile 2.  Also, make sure that you have a good Bluetooth connection between the OM2 and your phone before you start the Filimic Pro app.

What we now have with Filmic Pro iOS app and the OM2:

I agree that all the functions mentioned now work.  I am really happy to have these interim improvements which make using Filmic Pro much more useable now with the OM2.
2018-3-27
Use props
depicus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18281 ft
United Kingdom

Would have been nice if Filmic Pro had said in the release notes not to use the OM1 switch
2018-3-28
Use props
dvmrp0
New

Hong Kong

depicus Posted at 2018-3-28 03:51
Would have been nice if Filmic Pro had said in the release notes not to use the OM1 switch

After I upgraded to the latest version Filmic, the  mobile 2 no is refusing to work with Filmic anymore. I have disabled the OM support in the hardware setting already. Anyone has similar issue?
2018-4-9
Use props
soupie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yep, still not working for me!
2018-4-9
Use props
SaberOne
lvl.1
Netherlands

dvmrp0 Posted at 2018-4-9 10:27
After I upgraded to the latest version Filmic, the  mobile 2 no is refusing to work with Filmic anymore. I have disabled the OM support in the hardware setting already. Anyone has similar issue?

Same here. I noticed that the Record button started to work starting from the release that's mentioned in this topic. Oddly enough the last update reverted the functionality.

Unfortunately the Filmic Pro guys and girls do not respond to questions through twitter. Annoying, since they hardly communicate on stuff they are working on.
2018-4-9
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SaberOne Posted at 2018-4-9 14:35
Same here. I noticed that the Record button started to work starting from the release that's mentioned in this topic. Oddly enough the last update reverted the functionality.

Unfortunately the Filmic Pro guys and girls do not respond to questions through twitter. Annoying, since they hardly communicate on stuff they are working on.

They have always responded quickly on their website under support for me.
2018-4-9
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dvmrp0 Posted at 2018-4-9 10:27

Did you connect your phone to the OM2 via Bluetooth?
2018-4-9
Use props
dvmrp0
New

Hong Kong

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-4-9 16:42
Did you connect your phone to the OM2 via Bluetooth?

Yes. The bluetooth setting in iPhone shows OM2 is connected.
2018-4-10
Use props
soupie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Could somebody please please explain how I can get this to work?

I am using an iPhone 7 and an OSMO Mobile 2.
I am first connecting via Bluetooth.
I have Remote Control ON within Camera setting of Filmic Pro.
I am NOT selecting DJI OSMO Mobile in Hardware of Filmic Pro

When I press the record button on the OSMO handle, the volume of the phone changes!

Thanks.
2018-4-10
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just send a request to Filmic Pro Support asking that they revert back to OM2 record button starting/stopping record on their app.  Let's see what they have to say.

2018-4-10
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I heard back from Filimc Pro Support already regarding their removing the ability to start/stop record with the OM2 record button.  Here is their reply:

"Thanks for writing in. Yes we had to remove that feature due to a conflict introduced in iOS 11.3 that resulted in a startup crash for a small number of users. We will introduce this feature again soon, along with a full OSMO 2 integration.

Thanks for your patience and let us know if you have any other questions."
2018-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules