Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Hi,

It's about PHANTOM 4 PRO and Only PRO !
I'm thinking about using LUT and recording in DLOG to improve my editing process. At the moment I only use CINELIKE...
That's why I feel interesting to know what color profil you use to record with, and also please let argue or explanation, or any comment ! =)
If you use both, it means you use LUT for DLOG and no LUT for Cinelike?

Single SelectVote, Total 185 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-3-26
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I use both and offent I do my own color corrections without the
use of premade LUT's
Even if you use the premade LUT's you have to do some additional
ajustments.
2018-3-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use both but mainly cinelike out of those two options
2018-3-26
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>

today with Mavic Pro Platinum I prefer use VIVID mode
2018-3-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

D-Log all day long... Ha

Surprised you asked. ;-)
Whoops, Phantom 3 Pro here, and only Pro!! Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-3-27
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

In-camera D-LOG looks so washed out,
2018-3-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-3-27 11:15

Yes, it is intended to look like that. You are expected to know how to post-process the images.
2018-3-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cinelike, so if i cant be asked to do post, at least it looks somewhere near reasonable lol
2018-3-27
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

doing it in DLOG is amazing if you WANT to spend the time.

CineLike is so good, there is almost no reason to. And amazingly it is matching up in color pretty well with Canon, so I've learned my mistake. Why make more work for myself?

Here is what i'm talking about -   - when i did my test flights i left it in CineLIke and the colors popped. You can see me struggling to make the DLog match up in this video.
2018-3-29
Use props
Game_of_Drones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I always shoot in cinelike but I'd shoot in d-log if I could do so at the ISO value of my choosing. I know why they lock at 500 and understand why, it's just annoying. So I use cinelike which is good but I don't like how the edges of radiance from lights or bright objects gets exaggerated in cinelike, but hey, there's always Pr, and I can set the ISO manually at least.
2018-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Andie_the_Lab Posted at 2018-3-29 06:08
doing it in DLOG is amazing if you WANT to spend the time.

CineLike is so good, there is almost no reason to. And amazingly it is matching up in color pretty well with Canon, so I've learned my mistake. Why make more work for myself?

That all seems like a lot of hard work, good luck with all that.
2018-4-5
Use props
Bluras.com
lvl.2
Lithuania

Forced to use D-Cinelike with all -3.
2018-4-6
Use props
DNR 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689478 ft
United States

Does anyone know of any good YT video explaining how to use D-Log? From start to end of process.

I haven't much success with it and I'm sure it's my fault.
2018-4-23
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DNR 1 Posted at 2018-4-23 11:11
Does anyone know of any good YT video explaining how to use D-Log? From start to end of process.

2018-4-24
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Color manipulation, details, sharpness and which give the more natural look.
2018-4-24
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

Since I'm accustomed to using S-log on CineAlta 35mm cinema cameras, I realized immediately that the only way to get close to the full potential of the sensor is to use D-Log. So I've been shooting that exclusively and hand grading it in CS6.
2018-6-5
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DNR 1 Posted at 2018-4-23 11:11

try this -
2018-6-20
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-6-20 08:48
try this - https://youtu.be/Rrxq7x8U7HM

I know that one as well and quite like it.
His explanation for Cinelike over D-Log makes sense to me.
2018-6-21
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use D-Cinelike and I made my own LUT"s for different well....mostly white balance settings.
2018-7-23
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Simple - D-Cinelike - with -1,-1,-1 across the camera settings for sharpness, contrast, saturation. do the rest in post...
2018-10-5
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-3-27 11:15

thats exactly the point. It captures more data for flexbility in post
2018-10-5
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Bluras.com Posted at 4-6 10:38
Forced to use D-Cinelike with all -3.

I'm beyond belief that someone would consciously reduce sharpness and intentionally lose detail which you can never recover in post. You can always soften the image in post but you can't recover those important details which you may need/want. Insane.
2018-11-3
Use props
idomeirovich
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11853189 ft
  • >>>
Israel

I use DLOG with PolarPro LUT, very easy to use in Adobe Premiere, but i will also try to use D-Cinelike as the ISO500 is not suitable for me when I switch to still photography, in Video there is no issue with ISO500
2019-1-17
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Mostly D-Log with the P4PRO to rec 709 lut from Davinici Resolve 15, then manually tweaked with the colour wheels.
2019-1-25
Use props
Just_nick
lvl.4
United States

Irrelevant.
2019-2-12
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

I use D-log and hand grade in Premiere Pro. Would love to know if there is a precise technical LUT for the P4P camera's D-log mode, specifically. I have tried various LUTs that were alleged to be for the P4P, but the results were so far off as to not be even in the same ballpark. I use an S-curve in Lumetri to get close to the compensated curve. It works most of the time, but in some conditions, it seems like the upper mid tones lack contrast. Would love to have a proper LUT made just for this camera and shooting mode.
2019-4-13
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

I use D-log and hand grade in Premiere Pro. Would love to know if there is a precise technical LUT for the P4P camera's D-log mode, specifically. I have tried various LUTs that were alleged to be for the P4P, but the results were so far off as to not be even in the same ballpark. I use an S-curve in Lumetri to get close to the compensated curve. It works most of the time, but in some conditions, it seems like the upper mid tones lack contrast. Would love to have a proper LUT made just for this camera and shooting mode.
2019-4-13
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

gyrex Posted at 2018-11-3 08:48
I'm beyond belief that someone would consciously reduce sharpness and intentionally lose detail which you can never recover in post. You can always soften the image in post but you can't recover those important details which you may need/want. Insane.

There is a very good reason to reduce sharpness on record. I have done multiple side by side tests to verify the concept, and post sharpening produces better detail. Why? Because high frequency detail breaks the CODEC. Once the quantizing error reaches the point of data loss, that is detail you've lost permanently. I found that rolling back the sharpness during recording and then applying sharpening in post, recovers details I cannot record with pre-sharpening. It also reduces 'dot crawl' that occurs when flying over forests of bare trees, or any scene with a large amount of fine edge detail that is likely to overload the CODEC.
2019-4-13
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

Use D-Cinelike, because of using it also on Mavic Air, Sony A7R3 and Osmo Pocket. One profile, easy color matching and grading (FCPX).
2020-2-7
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

They are almost identical..cinelike has a bit of colors more..just take the same shot and look at the histogram ..
Cinelike brings down a bit the left side of the histogram and up the right side..so d-log will result is more grey, both will need post production thoug!
2020-2-13
Use props
TriptyX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 349226 ft
Croatia

Mark Weiss Posted at 2019-4-13 21:56
There is a very good reason to reduce sharpness on record. I have done multiple side by side tests to verify the concept, and post sharpening produces better detail. Why? Because high frequency detail breaks the CODEC. Once the quantizing error reaches the point of data loss, that is detail you've lost permanently. I found that rolling back the sharpness during recording and then applying sharpening in post, recovers details I cannot record with pre-sharpening. It also reduces 'dot crawl' that occurs when flying over forests of bare trees, or any scene with a large amount of fine edge detail that is likely to overload the CODEC.

and there is so much that can fit in 100mbit gop codec.finally some sense and when you see footage of for example rooftops on +3 sharpness, makes you wanna jump off the cliff
2020-5-11
Use props
br_shar
lvl.1

United States

cinelike tbh
4-4 09:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules