Mavic Pro 2 for first drone ...should I wait ???
4984 5 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cormad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4698 ft
Canada

Hey All;

Looking for a bit of advice, I know there a lot of discussion about upgrading to the new Mavic Pro 2 when it is released. As I have never owned or flew a drone I was wondering as a firsth time owner if I should wait until it is released ? Or purchase the Mavic Pro / Air at a lower price point ?

The end goal is maybe a small business on the side doing multiple things with a drone. One option is Thermography as I am an energy manager. I know that is about a 10K output of cash, hence I want to try a lower cost drone to start.

Jeff in Ontario.

2018-3-26
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft

You've got a few things to combine here, according to your comments.
You need to learn to fly, and you want to start a business.  Learning to fly takes time.  Sure, you can pull it out of the box and fly it around with no experience, and likely land again.  But, you need to learn to fly it and be able to handle any curves that are thrown at you.  Think about your child learning to drive.  They can get down the block, but what happens when the unexpected comes along?  You need to do a lot of flying to get competent and able to handle things on the fly without getting lost trying to figure out how.  That's the first challenge.

Second, you need to have a reliable drone if you're going to run a business with it.  You can start small, but until you get to the higher priced professional models, the reliability will be lacking, as will the flexability to use different cameras, etc.  You want to know it is going to be there when it is needed for that crucial shot that only comes along when the light is right, etc.  You need to get in lots of flying with the equipment you'll be using for the business, so you can operate it competently and know how to handle situations (back to that basic flying again).  Each bird will have little quirks, so it will be a bit like jumping from one airplane to another.  In an airplane, you need to be checked out in what you'll be flying.  If you jump from a 172 to a 182, you'll need to become familiar with and get hours in the 182 before you venture off on a big excursion.  

Get the picture?  Also, what do you know about photography?  If experienced, great.  If not, more learning process to go through.

Gary
2018-3-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can start with one of the available ones and get the hang of it.
Sell it when you feel you need more and have work for more.

Both MA / MP are great drones. Very portable also.
If you need better image quality. The P4P / P4A is a good starting point.
Bigger, but better.
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I have no idea about the new product. And there is no news about it from our website. If you need to fly drone now, I would not recommend you wait for the new product. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-28
Use props
fans8fea8e1f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22979 ft

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-28 01:06
I have no idea about the new product. And there is no news about it from our website. If you need to fly drone now, I would not recommend you wait for the new product. Thanks for your support.

I completely disagree with you  ........everybody is waiting for the  new Mavic pro 2  , including myself ...hahahahhahahahah....
2018-3-28
Use props
cormad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4698 ft
Canada

fans8fea8e1f Posted at 2018-3-28 01:13
I completely disagree with you  ........everybody is waiting for the  new Mavic pro 2  , including myself ...hahahahhahahahah....

Yup...I think I can wait a month or two. Look at the interest I will accumulate . At least a dollar or two.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules