1529 2 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidbroda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296440 ft
Czechia

Hello people!

I have a question I'd like to ask to see if anyone has had experience with a problem I'm having with my Mavic Pro.

I triple checked all my settings - Vision Positioning and Landing Protection was turned on properly, but my drone just landed way too hard every time I tried - to the extent of bouncing off the ground and eventually turning over and "crashing" (even though nothing serious happened to it).

I tried the following scenarios:
Landing manually by pulling the vertical stick down and just letting Mavic land on its own. It recognizes that it's about to land, so it stops for a while and then proceeds to landing as usual. The only problem is it literally drops down and bounces off the ground and tries to land again.

Letting Mavic land automatically by pushing the landing button - it does the very same thing.

When I tried to land manually by slowly getting on the ground, Mavic does not realize it's actually landing and tries to take off the very first moment it touches the ground.

I'm really confused here if there's a setting I don't know. I have piloted 3 other Mavics before, none of which did this.
Also, the firmware was updated and the aircraft status showed nothing wrong. Whenever the drone fell to the ground and crashed, it notified me with the "Obstacle avoided" alert.

My drone is being replaced now, so I guess I have no other option than to wait. I'm asking this here to know what to expect - if this is my mistake of having some kind of a setting off, or if it's faulty aircraft and I can be sure my Mavic will be replaced.

Please, let me know if you have anything to say about this. I appreciate it!
David
2018-3-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Calibrate the sensors using Assistant 2 and ensure they are clean too. I turn off landing protection and hand land anyway
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi David, so sorry to hear about the issue that you have experienced. Finally, I'm glad to know that your drone is being replaced. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help. Thanks!
2018-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules