Bought a Mavic with Vision Positioning system problem
1046 9 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dinko
lvl.1

United States

The right sensor doesn't read, and the other error is Vision Positioning is malfuctioned.

Now I don't care too much about sensors, but I am wondering if there would be issues like Return to Home feature. Like I don't need to detect objects in front of me. I care less about that feature.
2018-3-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Calibrate the sensors using DJI Assistant 2 on your PC
2018-3-26
Use props
Dinko
lvl.1

United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-26 13:13
Calibrate the sensors using DJI Assistant 2 on your PC

Cannot. Right sensor doesn't display a image.
2018-3-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dinko Posted at 2018-3-26 13:14
Cannot. Right sensor doesn't display a image.

Sorry, that doesn't make sense - the sensors do not display images - they sense obstacles to stop the drone from crashing. It's the camera that displays images.
2018-3-26
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

My attitude is this: the sensors reduce risk of crash in certain scenarios but do not eliminate all risk of crashes. After my first crash it occured to me that the best way to minimise my risk of crashes was to learn to fly better, find out what it is that people seem to crash into most and avoid those potential crash scenarios. Since i am mostly in sport mode my sensors are mostly off - does not bug me, ever.
i think only time i am aware of my sensors is when they make a noise during take off (if something is close by) and sometimes when the mavic gives itself a fright in the air because the sun reflection on the sensors lense causes it to think there is an obstacle so it brakes.

But yes the downside could be on the RTH - for me and where i fly i do not think thats ever been an issue but for different flying styles it could be something to consider.

If it is still under warentee is it not better to send it back? That's what i would recommend.
unless you know exactly the cause of the failure you cant rule out that it may be an issue that could be the start of other issues.
2018-3-26
Use props
Dinko
lvl.1

United States

Look bottom left hand side you will see right sensor image not displaying. Meaning I cannot allign the pciture.
2018-3-26
Use props
Dinko
lvl.1

United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-26 13:34
My attitude is this: the sensors reduce risk of crash in certain scenarios but do not eliminate all risk of crashes. After my first crash it occured to me that the best way to minimise my risk of crashes was to learn to fly better, find out what it is that people seem to crash into most and avoid those potential crash scenarios. Since i am mostly in sport mode my sensors are mostly off - does not bug me, ever.
i think only time i am aware of my sensors is when they make a noise during take off (if something is close by) and sometimes when the mavic gives itself a fright in the air because the sun reflection on the sensors lense causes it to think there is an obstacle so it brakes.

bought it off eBay, so I can send it back, but I don't care too much about the sensor error if it doesn't affect my RTH. I mainly got this aircraft for lower noise than phantom, portable, and long flight distances.

Of course I am not willing to pay full price for this issue.
2018-3-26
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Dinko Posted at 2018-3-26 13:50
bought it off eBay, so I can send it back, but I don't care too much about the sensor error if it doesn't affect my RTH. I mainly got this aircraft for lower noise than phantom, portable, and long flight distances.

Of course I am not willing to pay full price for this issue.

it will affect RTH - really, send it back, not just for the RTH issue but for whatever else could be wrong or become wrong as consequence.
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Dinko, sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please kindly start a case and send it in for full diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support, thank you so much!
2018-3-26
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As you are getting one image, suspect either, faulty sensor or disconnected from the gimbal control PCB, you would need to take it apart to check. From the factory the sensors are secured to the gimbal pcb with a spot of glue. If the camera has ever been out, it’s easy to break the flex cable between the sensor and the pcb.

You can replace the sensors easily, they are available from flea bay. You will need to remove the gimbal to fit them, about a half hours work if you know how to use a Screwdriver!

As for RTH it won’t be able to avoid anything on the way back so could bump into something and crash. Flying a faulty aircraft could make you liable if someone was injured.
2018-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules