Time Lapse not saving
8861 21 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NinjaTurtles
lvl.1
United States

Howdy all! I am having a lot of fun with the new Osmo Mobile 2!

I have been testing it with an extra phone I have here, LG G4, and was hoping it would work well with the Osmo.
When it comes to time lapse, no matter the duration - I always end up with a 1-2 second output.

I have the lastest version of the app, and have tested using .5 at my settings. In free form mode, I left it to record for 1 hour, ended up with a 1 second video.

When I use select .5 along with 10 minutes, or any time interval, I still end up with a 1 second video. The screen shows that it is recording, but the output files are always the same short duration.

Does anyone else have similar experience? Is my extra phone just too darn old to work with the new osmo?

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated!

2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that your smartphone is not in our compatible list, so the compatibility may not be fully guaranteed. But just to verify, does your phone have enough memory? Have you tried to re-install the APP? How about shooting Time Lapse with another phone? Will the issue persist? Thanks for your input in advance.
2018-3-27
Use props
NinjaTurtles
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-27 00:02
Sorry that your smartphone is not in our compatible list, so the compatibility may not be fully guaranteed. But just to verify, does your phone have enough memory? Have you tried to re-install the APP? How about shooting Time Lapse with another phone? Will the issue persist? Thanks for your input in advance.

Thank you for the confirmation!
2018-3-27
Use props
fansf03be83e
New
United States

It’s happens to me 3times already spend hrs catching time lapse only to find them not there afterwards it sucksssss I’m using iPhone 8 plenty of storage already
2019-1-12
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I love the timelapse function in the OP - especially hyperlapse.
2019-1-13
Use props
One-eye Gimbal
lvl.1
Sweden

I have the same problem with my Note 8 using Android version 9.  It just won't save to my device.
2019-5-19
Use props
One-eye Gimbal
lvl.1
Ireland

Any update on this issue? I have spent several hours making time-lapse on sunsets and not a single on have been saved to my device. I'm getting frustrated!  Are the developers working on it or is it put on the shelf to be solved sometime next year or never?
2019-5-30
Use props
Vaalpens
lvl.1
South Africa

Hi There

Same issue here, Note8 SM950F, Android Pie.  Videos and Pictures save fine, TimeLapse only about 1 out of 5 videos save.  this is on internal storage, as well as a class10 UHS3 microSD card.

Tried deleting app cache, and all folders with DJI name, and reinstalling the app from the google play store.

How can we submit logs or assist with troubleshooting/debugging to help resolve the issue?
Osmo Mobile2 FW 2.2.0.30
App 3.1.52

2019-6-12
Use props
mikelauri
New
United Kingdom

I just bought the Osmo Mobile 2 and I'm disappointed as my phone Note8 is on compatible list and still I can't save any hyper-lapse to my phone or card. I try to reinstall and clear cahe give the admin permissions and nothing. Currently the device is useless for me. I contact your support and no help at all they say we will contact you and nothing. When you planning to solve it as is not for what I paid?
2019-6-16
Use props
djiuser_IRjdLAmKsNjx
lvl.1
South Korea

Found any fixes yet? It's already been about six months since none of the motion lapse saves even though there's 30+gb of storage space left for both internal and external. It's especially frustrating to have a gimbal that cant save files after all the time spent waiting for the motionlapse to finish.

I'm currently using the note 8 and I think the whole problem started after upgrading from Android Oreo 8.0 to Android Pie 9.0 since it used to work fine before but not anymore
2019-6-27
Use props
One-eye Gimbal
lvl.1
Sweden

I have a feeling this issue is dead.

Typical. I bought the Gimbal and a Note 8 planning to do Time Lapse videos. Spent a month capturing different sunsets and cloud-motion. Ended up with only 5 clips that were hardly worth using. I'm glad I did the movie for myself and not a client.   I was also in contact with support and didn't get much out of them.  

I'm very unhappy with DJI at this point. Very very unhappy!
2019-7-8
Use props
Hosein Eyalati
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem with Galaxy S8.
2019-10-22
Use props
djiuser_OCWeKeoALZ36
New
Italy

Same problem with iphone 11 pro and dji mimo app. DJI WHERE IS THE FIX FOR THIS?
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_FVOBlqcTg7vz
New

Belgium

Time laps is not saving woth dji osmo 3 i am using note 8 samsaung and after it finishes the recording i cannot fine anything saved...
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_FVOBlqcTg7vz
New

Belgium

djiuser_OCWeKeoALZ36 Posted at 12-7 08:54
Same problem with iphone 11 pro and dji mimo app. DJI WHERE IS THE FIX FOR THIS?

Have u got anyreply?
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_P4G6dr4F4AFL
New

Indonesia

same problem here. if dji dont give any reply i will replace my dji osmo 2 with other gimbal from other brand. im very upset. i already try to restart my phone, reinstall the app, clean the app cache but it didnt work
2019-12-22
Use props
Surat
New
Thailand

720p is okay  but 1080p somehow had the problem.
also try not to "Battery Optimization" for the APP (Android)

DJI Osmo Mobile 3  with DJI Mimo app.
Samsung Note 8
2020-2-6
Use props
djiuser_OVTs11AGuEI2
New
Iran

Its only about battery optimization in android
Android put dji app to sleep and motion timelapse more than 20 min can not be saved
You can solve this issue easily by touching screen
2020-2-11
Use props
djiuser_OVTs11AGuEI2
New
Iran

2020-2-11
Use props
djiuser_OVTs11AGuEI2
New
Iran

djiuser_P4G6dr4F4AFL Posted at 2019-12-22 05:53
same problem here. if dji dont give any reply i will replace my dji osmo 2 with other gimbal from other brand. im very upset. i already try to restart my phone, reinstall the app, clean the app cache but it didnt work

Its only about battery optimization in android
Android put dji app to sleep and motion timelapse more than 20 min can not be saved
2020-2-11
Use props
djiuser_pMtw4nyKMLlF
New
Bulgaria

I`m experiencing the same problem with the OSMO Mobile 2 and Samsung S8 - it only save the lapses in 720p. It ruined some really cool lapses by not saving them. Battery optimization tip did not help. The support is useless too. Contacted the support and an half an year later - still no fix. At some point they have stopped answering the request.  Still regretting buying a product from DJI.
2020-3-28
Use props
djiuser_ZM7YYShfWYDJ
New

djiuser_pMtw4nyKMLlF Posted at 2020-3-28 07:11
I`m experiencing the same problem with the OSMO Mobile 2 and Samsung S8 - it only save the lapses in 720p. It ruined some really cool lapses by not saving them. Battery optimization tip did not help. The support is useless too. Contacted the support and an half an year later - still no fix. At some point they have stopped answering the request.  Still regretting buying a product from DJI.

It's 2024 and this issue still exists. It's completely unacceptable. This post is from 2018. How has DJI not solved this yet? There's been many updates the past 6 years, how has the timelapse fix not been in one of the updates? Get your ... together DJI! I have tried taking many 1 hour timelapses, that looked absolutely beautiful as they were filming, but as soon as they stop, they don't save. Fix it!
3-20 09:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules