Crashed within 48 hours. Still eligible for Care Refresh?
2522 3 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stanch
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi,

Yesterday I flew my new Mavic Air for the first few times, and it was awesome but did not end well
I was using my phone as the only controller (no remote attached), and it died mid-flight because of a battery issue. The drone proceeded to ascend to 10m to return home, but got surrounded by some tree branches. It just hovered in a single spot while I was waiting (I had no way of connecting to it). After the drone’s battery ran out, I was expecting it to land gracefully, but instead it seemed to have just fallen from 10m without any attempt at slowing down. As a result, the attachment of one of the legs (I think the one with the antenna) is slightly broken, although it does not prevent the leg from staying in place. I don’t see any other physical damage (soft ground), but I have not had a chance to try the drone, so I don’t know if it’s fully operational. Camera and gimbal seem ok though.
I am still within 48h of activation (about 12h left!) and can purchase Care Refresh, but would I be eligible to replace it under this policy?
Also, why did the drone fall and not try to land?
Thanks for the help!
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi stanch, sorry for the crash accident, we recommend to send in the drone for thorough evaluation since the flight performance may fail to be to fully guaranteed after the mishap, data analysis can also be applied if you believe the accident was not caused by pilot error. For DJI Care Refresh, please note it can be purchased if the drone was activated less than 48 hours.
2018-3-26
Use props
djiuser_DC0mSHklOoMF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4603 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-26 18:50
Hi stanch, sorry for the crash accident, we recommend to send in the drone for thorough evaluation since the flight performance may fail to be to fully guaranteed after the mishap, data analysis can also be applied if you believe the accident was not caused by pilot error. For DJI Care Refresh, please note it can be purchased if the drone was activated less than 48 hours.

So DJI refresh is valid when purchasing post crash within the first 48 hours of activation? I think you answered yes but could you please reitierate DJI rep, Thanks
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_DC0mSHklOoMF Posted at 2018-4-28 18:27
So DJI refresh is valid when purchasing post crash within the first 48 hours of activation? I think you answered yes but could you please reitierate DJI rep, Thanks

DJI Care Refresh can be purchased within 48 hours of activation no matter what happened to the drone during this time. The system will not stop customer to purchase it. GTScreenshot_20180429_114017.png

2018-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules