Allow hovering when disconnected from the DJI GO 4 App?
1042 12 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
28wins
lvl.3

United States

@DJI Support - @DJI-Mark

T
here have been many times I have had to position the Spark at the right height and angle and let it capture video or pictures with a timer.I also only fly via WiFi using the DJI Go 4 app with a smartphone (so never use the controller).
However if I switch apps on my phone or lock the screen, the aircraft will start to descent and land on its own after 20 seconds.

My request is an option to override that behavior. It should stay exactly where I position it until further instructions or battery charge level drops to level low enough to warrant a landing or RTH.

2018-3-26
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

I am assuming without controller? I have not had a problem switching apps while connected to RC
2018-3-26
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

Lyons90 Posted at 2018-3-26 17:09
I am assuming without controller? I have not had a problem switching apps while connected to RC

Sorry, yes assumed right, this is for use with a smartphone/ with WiFi.

I position the Spark when I need it to be.
If I lock my phone screen, it disconnects and after a little while the Spark starts descending to land.

I want to hover where I position it.

2018-3-26
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

28wins Posted at 2018-3-26 17:13
Sorry, yes assumed right, this is for use with a smartphone/ with WiFi.

I position the Spark when I need it to be.

I was pretty sure that is what you meant, but things are expressed so many different ways around here, so just wanted to confirm.

I have not tried with the app that way, I have however launched without app or RC, left the Spark hovering in place while I went to get my RC and phone to connect (decided I wanted to fly rather than play with gestures) and it didn't move. I would assume that it would be programmed to remain in place by standard.

How far off the ground when this is happening? I have experienced a couple altitude variations when close enough to the ground for the VPS
2018-3-26
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

Lyons90 Posted at 2018-3-26 17:18
I was pretty sure that is what you meant, but things are expressed so many different ways around here, so just wanted to confirm.

I have not tried with the app that way, I have however launched without app or RC, left the Spark hovering in place while I went to get my RC and phone to connect (decided I wanted to fly rather than play with gestures) and it didn't move. I would assume that it would be programmed to remain in place by standard.

10-15 feet up in the air.

2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Since you are flying with the phone only. If the signal is lost, the drone will automatically initiate RTH if the condition available. There is no option to change the failsafe behaviour for Spark. For your case, you can try to connect the drone and mobile device via the RC.
2018-3-26
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-26 21:23
Since you are flying with the phone only. If the signal is lost, the drone will automatically initiate RTH if the condition available. There is no option to change the failsafe behaviour for Spark. For your case, you can try to connect the drone and mobile device via the RC.

I know all of this!!!

This is to request to add the option to Hover to the DJI GO 4 app.
Why is the option to Hover available in the appl for Mavic Air but not the Spark?

2018-3-26
Use props
Phantom Robin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128839 ft

I would love a hover option aswell
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

28wins Posted at 2018-3-26 23:24
I know all of this!!!

This is to request to add the option to Hover to the DJI GO 4 app.

This request has been forwarded, if it is possible, hope it will be available.
2018-3-27
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-27 18:08
This request has been forwarded, if it is possible, hope it will be available.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Exactly the reaction I was hoping for.

2018-3-27
Use props
wisnia.sebastian
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Thank you for the feedback.  We will consider your suggestions.
2018-4-3
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

MODS: Any updates for this request?

@DJI Thor
@wisnia.sebastian
@DJI Support
@DJI-Mark
2018-5-30
Use props