Is there a definitive hardware/software list??
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 889688 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm having some problems getting things for my drone, one of the biggest things I can't find is a replacement controller.  The guys at DJI seem to be following in the footsteps of Apple as once a certain model becomes to old they archive anything to do with that model.

My old controller case broke (no I didn't drop it) and the small ribbon inside got pulled out of it's ports, it didn't break and it's easy enough to clip back in but I think it got a few marks on it so I get signal loss errors in the app, but I can't find a replacement for it even looking on eBay. So I tried buying another controller while I find the ribbon as I thought it would be quicker.

I like a few others have seen the ads on eBay for controllers that supposably work on both the P3 and P4, but from other threads I've read this is a load of rubbish as they can't be mixed/matched. Anyway I still don't know where to buy a controller from somewhere that I can trust, I'd also like to know which controller works with which drone, in the same series of course.

Obviously there is many other parts and other issues that could do with being listed with fixes in some official place. Any thoughts??

2018-3-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha IV,

What is the model number of the remote controller?  It should be on the bottom of the RC.  There can also be some other specifications and useful numbers there to.  Post them here and maybe we can help you find what you need.

The P3 SE is a unique version of the venerable P3 Series.  In the Specifications found in the manual, it uses a lot of different frequencies, so you will have to find a proper replacement.  It is good you saw red flags when you read about other's problems and what can and cannot be swapped.  BTW, I have successfully swapped the RCs between the P3P and a P4 successfully and they both flew properly.  They use the same RC, but the P4 RC has a shiny surface.

Hope this helps and that we can help you get your replacement.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-3-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's smart, the way DJI has made all of these various models and radios, that are mostly not interchangeable.
Including the proprietary batteries, for the ascending models. ;-)

In a nut shell, so to speak. Any squirrel would go crazy over... Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-3-27
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-3-27 01:57
It's smart, the way DJI has made all of these various models and radios, that are mostly not interchangeable.

Squirrel meme, LOL.

2018-3-27
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2018-3-27 01:41
Aloha IV,

What is the model number of the remote controller?  It should be on the bottom of the RC.  There can also be some other specifications and useful numbers there to.  Post them here and maybe we can help you find what you need.

The model number under the P3P is GL300A and then I bought one from eBay supposably for a P3A/P3P not as shiny as the P4, but I can only link it to my P4 not my P3P (luckily I too have both so I can test it)
Even the firmware page confirms it's not compatible with a P3P.

2018-3-27
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-3-27 10:25
The model number under the P3P is GL300A and then I bought one from eBay supposably for a P3A/P3P not as shiny as the P4, but I can only link it to my P4 not my P3P (luckily I too have both so I can test it)
Even the firmware page confirms it's not compatible with a P3P.

You'll see the first image is when connect to DJI GO4 app it says Equipment: Phantom 4 and the second image is from the older DJI GO app and says Equipment: N/A that's because it thinks the wrong A/C is connected.
2018-3-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-3-27 10:29
You'll see the first image is when connect to DJI GO4 app it says Equipment: Phantom 4 and the second image is from the older DJI GO app and says Equipment: N/A that's because it thinks the wrong A/C is connected.

Aloha IV,

Yes, the P3P does use DJI GO and the P4 now uses DJI GO 4.  The split came after the P4 was introduced and the DJI GO app proved to be too cumbersome for the P4.  That is why DJI started the DJI GO 4 app.  

To make the firmware compatible you have to restore to the factory defaults.  Then you update the firmware to the proper system.

The PhantomHelp.com web site has most of the old firmware and software for all the Phantoms.  It is a great site and as the name indicates, it is very helpful.  But restoring to factory defaults uses a different method.  Have you tried either of these suggestions?

BTW, my P3P uses the GL300B RC and my P4 uses the GL300C RC.  I have used my GL300C with a P3A and it flew normally.  What we need to get solved though is your P3 SE.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-3-28
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2018-3-28 02:54
Aloha IV,

Yes, the P3P does use DJI GO and the P4 now uses DJI GO 4.  The split came after the P4 was introduced and the DJI GO app proved to be too cumbersome for the P4.  That is why DJI started the DJI GO 4 app.  

Okay I will try the factory restore thingy first. Is that the controller you mean or the drone, or possibly both etc? I have to pop out so will check in this evening.

Ps don't worry about my P3SE, it's in a thousand bits after I crashed it and I will never buy one again, lol.
I will be putting it on eBay shortly for spares. I love the versatility of the GL300 range but the 358s are a cheapness gone to far and not at all user friendly.

I have no great sign off, lol
2018-3-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-3-27 01:57

programmed obsolescence as it finest
2018-3-28
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WoW I've just seen the flight distance of Cetacean and Nebuchadnezzar, that is some freakin' sweet distances guys. Mine are just baby steps. Could that be my sign off?
2018-3-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-3-28 08:08
WoW I've just seen the flight distance of Cetacean and Nebuchadnezzar, that is some freakin' sweet distances guys. Mine are just baby steps. Could that be my sign off?

Are you syncing all off your flights, to keep  your flight distance total rising?

Nah, me either... Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-3-28
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-3-28 09:52
Are you syncing all off your flights, to keep  your flight distance total rising?

Nah, me either... Haha

Yeah I sync as often as I can but with no controller for my P3P I'm not in the air much lately. I have a P4 but don't like it as much, plus I have more accessories for my P3P and as any girl will tell you, "you have to accessorise
2018-3-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-3-28 10:02
Yeah I sync as often as I can but with no controller for my P3P I'm not in the air much lately. I have a P4 but don't like it as much, plus I have more accessories for my P3P and as any girl will tell you, "you have to accessorise

Yes, it's the very same for my Phantom 3 Pro. Love her so much, I graced her with gifts and comfort.
The Plasticase Nanuk 945 case, allows me to leave my props attached to the drone motors shafts.

Not to mention the Lume Cube LED's and their mounts... Which were a pretty penny.
http://www.lumecube.com/164.html
I also have the Lighthouses with colored gel filters for them as well.
A second OEM DJI 100w charger was purchased, for my four intelligent flight packs.
I like a couple or three more flight packs... ;-)

Yes, I can definitely relate... Ha

RedHotPoker
2018-3-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-3-28 06:33
programmed obsolescence as it finest

We all get a little grey around the gills, eventually.

Or is it gray? Haha

Change comes, At the speed of light...

RedHotPoker
2018-3-28
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-3-28 11:06
Yes, it's the very same for my Phantom 3 Pro. Love her so much, I graced her with gifts and comfort.
The Plasticase Nanuk 945 case, allows me to leave my props attached to the drone motors shafts.

Oh I'm far from buying Lume cubes just yet finacially speaking, although I have been trying to find reasons to buy them. But 5 intelligent batteries, 2 chargers, the multi cell charger adaptor, in car charger so I can charge on the go, I went for the aluminum hard case version but "yeah" for the same reason of leaving props on, loads more to list, oh wait I got the landing pad (I only got it out once as it's a bitch to put back in, she said)

Quick tip: I found on Amazon a bag of silica gel sachets for just  a few £££ for 100, I put one in each of those 8 little holes in the flight cases as it help keep the moisture away from the electronics.
2018-3-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-3-28 11:27
Oh I'm far from buying Lume cubes just yet finacially speaking, although I have been trying to find reasons to buy them. But 5 intelligent batteries, 2 chargers, the multi cell charger adaptor, in car charger so I can charge on the go, I went for the aluminum hard case version but "yeah" for the same reason of leaving props on, loads more to list, oh wait I got the landing pad (I only got it out once as it's a bitch to put back in, she said)

Quick tip: I found on Amazon a bag of silica gel sachets for just  a few £££ for 100, I put one in each of those 8 little holes in the flight cases as it help keep the moisture away from the electronics.

Good thinking, I quite like idea of using them absorbent desiccant packs, in the flight case. Smart.

I hadn't considered those, in the flight kit...

I rYde a Can Am SpYder RS-S Roadster, so only a USB trickle charger for my iPads. ;-$

RedHotPoker
2018-3-28
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-3-28 11:44
Good thinking, I quite like idea of using them absorbent desiccant packs, in the flight case. Smart.

I hadn't considered those, in the flight kit...

Yes the desiccant packs are most useful for those who have a spare iPad and leave in the case overnight etc, as Apple have dodgy water sensors in their devices so it can die for no reason, remember the big fuss a couple of years over the iPhone 4 or 5?
2018-3-28
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-3-28 11:54
Yes the desiccant packs are most useful for those who have a spare iPad and leave in the case overnight etc, as Apple have dodgy water sensors in their devices so it can die for no reason, remember the big fuss a couple of years over the iPhone 4 or 5?

This is where I stuff mine in my case as I can't see anything else would use them holes anyway, not sure if your foam insert is the same as mine but you get the idea.

Plus a link to where I got them, you'll need to search for them in Canadian $ I guess.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PACK-10 ... =silica+gel+sachets
2018-3-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-3-28 11:54

I only carry one iPad at a time. The iPad Air2 64gb Cellular is a dedicated device, for the Phantom 3 Pro'.

All though the Nanuk 945 is waterproof, condensation happens. ;-)
Particularly when going from a cold environment to a warm abode...

I will pick up a desiccant pack, that can be reset, in the oven.
https://www.vistek.ca/store/Bags ... peli-desiccant.aspx
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

2018-3-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-3-28 06:29
Okay I will try the factory restore thingy first. Is that the controller you mean or the drone, or possibly both etc? I have to pop out so will check in this evening.

Ps don't worry about my P3SE, it's in a thousand bits after I crashed it and I will never buy one again, lol.

Aloha IV,

Sorry to hear that.  I hope you get something operational.  I just flew today and since the middle of last month we had crappy weather until yesterday (wind and or rain, except for one day and I was busy that day!).  The P3P, P4 and P4P are just amazing birds.

But after that month of inaction, I had some updates and upgrades to do.  It is a small price to pay for that amazing technology.  Once you figure out how to keep your birds tuned up and current, flying them is hard to beat.  

Yesterday, I had serious headaches with my P4P but it was all due to update clutter and not enough reboots.  That is usually all it is.  Flew a disaster flight with Visual Positioning issues 200 feet up and all over the place and other software issues in the morning.  Worked on the updates and upgrades yesterday afternoon and last night, I swapped out my CrystalSky to my NVidia Shield K1 and got everything working right.  Then this morning I got the CrystalSky working right and flying was a dream again.  Like I said, a small price to pay for such capability.

I went up the side of our Pali (cliffs) at the VLOS limit (luckily high contrast), and 1640 feet (but 50-100 feet AGL), and looked in the notches where the water comes through during rains.  Made a few discoveries about my flying area, by finally getting up close and personal.  Did a few pans using POI and finally blazed home using Sport Mode.  What a blast.  That feeling lasts the rest of the day.

Good luck, I hope you get something operational!  You sound like you can do it.  It is well worth it all.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-3-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-3-28 11:27
Oh I'm far from buying Lume cubes just yet finacially speaking, although I have been trying to find reasons to buy them. But 5 intelligent batteries, 2 chargers, the multi cell charger adaptor, in car charger so I can charge on the go, I went for the aluminum hard case version but "yeah" for the same reason of leaving props on, loads more to list, oh wait I got the landing pad (I only got it out once as it's a bitch to put back in, she said)

Quick tip: I found on Amazon a bag of silica gel sachets for just  a few £££ for 100, I put one in each of those 8 little holes in the flight cases as it help keep the moisture away from the electronics.

''Quick tip: I found on Amazon a bag of silica gel sachets for just  a few £££ for 100,''

I think there are cheaper ways to obtain same feature, if you want you can even have a scent of lavender or baby powder from your flight case reveal if there has been any moisture ...
2018-3-28
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-3-28 23:30
''Quick tip: I found on Amazon a bag of silica gel sachets for just  a few £££ for 100,''

I think there are cheaper ways to obtain same feature, if you want you can even have a scent of lavender or baby powder from your flight case reveal if there has been any moisture ...

I think you may have read that wrong, not a few £££100  but a few pounds (no more the £4, see link above) for a bag of a 100 sachets. Baby power and and lavender would be about the same price but it would be pointless unless you had some weird fetish, you don't have a weird fetish do you? come on no one here will say anything
2018-3-29
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2018-3-28 02:54
Aloha IV,

How do I reset the controller to factory default (GL300C). I've done the 4 button method several times and all that happens is the left hand LED flashes red and it bleeps continueously. I did find another 3 button method but it didn't do anything.

I tried downgrading the firmware then reinstall but it will only let me do that though DJI GO4 not in the older DJI GO, even though I've managed to manually link my P3P if I open DJI GO it automatically closes then opens DJI GO4 then sees my P3P and tries to get me to download and use the older DJI GO app, literally going round in circles. All the way the each downgrade or upgrade in the DJI GO4 it still listed my Equipment as Phantom 3 pro, weird right?

The only other thing I read was to either disconnect the battery (don't really want to do that just yet) or use a reset bin file, which I can't seem to find a link to, not even on Phantomhelp.com

2018-3-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-3-29 02:41
How do I reset the controller to factory default (GL300C). I've done the 4 button method several times and all that happens is the left hand LED flashes red and it bleeps continueously. I did find another 3 button method but it didn't do anything.

I tried downgrading the firmware then reinstall but it will only let me do that though DJI GO4 not in the older DJI GO, even though I've managed to manually link my P3P if I open DJI GO it automatically closes then opens DJI GO4 then sees my P3P and tries to get me to download and use the older DJI GO app, literally going round in circles. All the way the each downgrade or upgrade in the DJI GO4 it still listed my Equipment as Phantom 3 pro, weird right?

Aloha IV,

This is somewhat confusing.  Your information indicates you only have a P3 SE, but your posts indicate you have a complete P4, that you are not fond of, and a P3P and P3A that need either a remote controller or the remote controller needs to be reset and then updated and upgraded and made compatible.  Your P3 SE is being sold in pieces.  How am I doing here?

There are different methods for different equipment.  Now what device are you using and how new is it?  The P4 is or was having problems with the iOS devices.  The P4 is a beautiful bird when flown with Android devices.  For $200-300 you can get a very substantial Android device that works great with the P4.  Labroides has a fine recommendation and Dirty Bird has one or more Android recommendations to (I think).  (They both also have iOS devices.)

RHP prefers iOS devices and can help in that area.  I use Android devices and am not fond of anything Apple because of the headaches it causes and the resulting expense although I do concede that it is very stable once all the bugs are worked out.  Between the two of us and the rest of the Forum, we can probably work through this.  If you have a recent iOS device and a recent Android device or access to one or the other that you do not have, it will really help you get through this.

Please list each bird and explain what you want to do with it.  You might even want to create separate threads for each bird or identify which bird you are talking about at the beginning of your post so we know which problem we are working on.   And limit each post to one bird to avoid confusion.  Also, go through PhantomHelp.com really well.  There are some real gems in there.  I think he even has descriptions of the factory resets at the site.  But, we also have information on the different types of factory resets but we need to know what you are trying to do with each bird you have to get you on the right track.

Hope this helps!  But, this is also a social media and we do stray on occasion from the subject of concern.  But it helps to keep the enthusiasm up!

Aloha nd Drone On!
2018-3-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-3-29 01:46
I think you may have read that wrong, not a few £££100  but a few pounds (no more the £4, see link above) for a bag of a 100 sachets. Baby power and and lavender would be about the same price but it would be pointless unless you had some weird fetish, you don't have a weird fetish do you? come on no one here will say anything

I did notice your link for the 100 bags of 1 gram but buying something like in my link you would get a few kilos in a bag, way cheaper and you would just have to bag it yourself.
I actually like lavender scent but only the ones growing in the garden,

I have looked all over and understand your trouble, just can't find the model of the RC mentioned anywhere but in the models that also has a plus(+) variant.
2018-3-30
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi guys, firstly let me apologise for the very late reply here, I've been very busy at work and had conjunctivitis so couldn't see to read the computer screen properly.

Cetacean, not sure how/where it shows my equipment on here but to clarify I do have a broken P3SE, a P4 and a P3P. I do like my P4 but as I have only one battery I just don't get the use out of it I'd really like, so in short I'm more attached to my P3P as I have more toys and batteries to use with it. I am slowly building up my P4 kit but will take a while.

A few weeks ago my P3P's controller broke in two peices, I tried putting it back together but it wouldn't connect to the aircraft and error messages came up saying signal loss or poor signal etc.
I bought a replacement controller advertised as a "GL300C for Phantom 3A or Phantom 3P" but when it arrived I tried to link it to the aircraft it would automatically jump the DJI GO4 app not the older app, however I could link my P4 (not what I needed though) You mentioned earily that it was something to do with the older software being overwritten with a newer version and could be undone by resetting to factory default, I googled how to do that and could only find two ways to do (without removing the battery) neither of them seemed to work. If I can't reset it I will have to return it to the supplier and try and order one that actually works with my drone.

I will list the problem with the original P3P controller in another thread, you're right too many faults to list in one thread is confusing.

KedDK, I love lavender too, I do infact I grow loads of it in my garden and have in the past infused it with lamp oil to use in the garden lamps on my patio, mum makes great lavender cakes with it too.
I see your point about buying in bulk and do some work bagging up, what would you use? I thought maybe one of those small zip bags they use for poo-purri etc.. It would need to be small enough, possibly resealable and porous of course.
2018-4-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-4-7 15:58
Hi guys, firstly let me apologise for the very late reply here, I've been very busy at work and had conjunctivitis so couldn't see to read the computer screen properly.

Cetacean, not sure how/where it shows my equipment on here but to clarify I do have a broken P3SE, a P4 and a P3P. I do like my P4 but as I have only one battery I just don't get the use out of it I'd really like, so in short I'm more attached to my P3P as I have more toys and batteries to use with it. I am slowly building up my P4 kit but will take a while.

Aloha IV,

Sorry, I almost missed your post.  If you click on "Reply" at the bottom right of the &quotost Box" of the post you want to reply to, the person posting gets notified that you are replying.  They even send an email notice I am still trying to figure out.

You should send the GL300C remote controller back because as you noticed it is for the P4, not the P3A or P3P.  The seller did not realize that the GL300B can be used for the P4, but the P4's GL300C cannot be used for the P3 series.  The compatibility does not go both ways because the DJI GO 4 app came out after the P4 came out and the P4 remote controller was quickly upgraded to the "C" model.  BTW, is the GL300C remote controller you received from the seller shinny like the body of the P4 series?  If it is shinny, that is a secondary indicator of the incompatibility.  

For those who are monitoring this thread, the model number is on the bottom, at the bottom (toward the operator) of the remote controller.  There is a lot of information under the model number.  Also, on the Avatar side of the post are small icons of each DJI product registered to the Forum Member.  These icons are right under the Flight Distance.  IV's only icon is a P3SE.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-7
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-7 16:44
Aloha IV,

Sorry, I almost missed your post.  If you click on "Reply" at the bottom right of the &quotost Box" of the post you want to reply to, the person posting gets notified that you are replying.  They even send an email notice I am still trying to figure out.

Oh yeah I see the icon now, i'll have to change it somehow.

I will now send the controller back, although it has the rougher body not the smooth shinny one. I did contact DJI last week and the only thing they could tell me was it's probably an old controller and the model number matches my drone but the serial number was never registered with them so they think it has most likely been taken apart and rebuilt by the seller.

Thanks for clearing that up, I'll now be hunting down a genuine P3P controller if anyone knows a good source.
2018-4-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-4-8 04:28
Oh yeah I see the icon now, i'll have to change it somehow.

I will now send the controller back, although it has the rougher body not the smooth shinny one. I did contact DJI last week and the only thing they could tell me was it's probably an old controller and the model number matches my drone but the serial number was never registered with them so they think it has most likely been taken apart and rebuilt by the seller.

Aloha IV,

Good luck, if I come up with anything, I will let you know.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-8
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-8 04:58
Aloha IV,

Good luck, if I come up with anything, I will let you know.

Hi again sorry to trouble you, but I can't see how to change those icons. I've looked on my main DJI profile, on the Forum profile and while using the go app. I don't suppose it won't show because I bought them used?
2018-4-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-4-10 13:20
Hi again sorry to trouble you, but I can't see how to change those icons. I've looked on my main DJI profile, on the Forum profile and while using the go app. I don't suppose it won't show because I bought them used?

Aloha IV,

Those icons are the icons of DJI equipment that you have activated and registered.  You have no control over them as far as I know.  You can discuss it with PMs to an administrator if they are incorrect.

BTW, when you do get DJI GO working and the firmware down to 1.6.0, keep it there.  1.6.0 has been the most stable firmware for the P3P controller so far.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-10
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-10 15:58
Aloha IV,

Those icons are the icons of DJI equipment that you have activated and registered.  You have no control over them as far as I know.  You can discuss it with PMs to an administrator if they are incorrect.

Hey there, I have great news. I have my Phantom 3 Pro working again and with the new controller too. It turns out a very simply error in Android was causing the issue.

I was all set to send it back but decided to try one last time using a different tablet and it connected straight away, so I did some investigations only to realize that when using Android it will often ask which app you want to use and it will also ask "Just this time" or "Always" I must have at some point hit  the "Always" button wothout knowing it would lock to the DJI GO4 app thus not allowing me to see the P3P.

3 weeks grounded because I missed such a simple detail  

Oh yeah I have seen a few threads now saying that you can't second hand drones to your account, although my flight distance is now increasing it's certainly not because of the P3SE listed, lol.
2018-4-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-4-13 08:44
Hey there, I have great news. I have my Phantom 3 Pro working again and with the new controller too. It turns out a very simply error in Android was causing the issue.

I was all set to send it back but decided to try one last time using a different tablet and it connected straight away, so I did some investigations only to realize that when using Android it will often ask which app you want to use and it will also ask "Just this time" or "Always" I must have at some point hit  the "Always" button wothout knowing it would lock to the DJI GO4 app thus not allowing me to see the P3P.

Aloha IV,

Great news!  Yes, there is that problem to.  When you have problems, always try a different tablet to see if the problem is in your current tablet.  Now you can get airborne!

Yes, I have noticed the major increase in your mileage!  Congratulations!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules