Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anyone else tried livestreaming?
1779 10 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdgyMedia
lvl.4

Japan

So, I didn't see my heads up post, so I have no idea if anyone was able to catch the livestream I did.
But based on what YouTube captured, I didn't have enough throughput on my phone to make that work well.

I was shooting in 4K (Under the assumption that the stream would be the 720p output). The feed on YouTube got the 720p version, which I expected.
The sound was via the ipad on the controller.
Lots of drops, but the app stayed connected until I dropped it.

The video YT captured is here:

It was was about a 13 minute flight, but they only got about 3:30 but when it worked, it worked well. But I need a much larger pipe to be able to get the 720 out in realtime with sound.

Any others tried it yet?
How did it go?
2015-5-6
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just went out and tested it out. Pretty cool. My feed was relatively clean but there were some drop outs... I was using LTE to connect to youtube... only had 2 bars... I'll try again in the daylight and hopefully with a better signal.
2015-5-6
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-5-7 15:47
I just went out and tested it out. Pretty cool. My feed was relatively clean but there were some dro ...

Never done it... do you have to pay for anything?? what does it entail?? THanks for sharing!!
2015-5-7
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GENETTICO Posted at 2015-5-8 10:20
Never done it... do you have to pay for anything?? what does it entail?? THanks for sharing!!

It was just introduced with the newest firmware update... look in settings for You tube live stream. Turn it on and  it will give you instructions for setting to up... If you have a youtube account you are ready just agree to terms set up a stream and go.
I think it is only available with IOS...
2015-5-7
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-5-8 10:23
It was just introduced with the newest firmware update... look in settings for You tube live stream ...

Thank you... I know It is a new thing... I meant I haven't tried it yet! So no monies involved? Just a LTE capable tablet I take it?
2015-5-7
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GENETTICO Posted at 2015-5-8 10:37
Thank you... I know It is a new thing... I meant I haven't tried it yet! So no monies involved? Ju ...

no money involved.
2015-5-7
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

OS only? WTH. come one DJI! first the simulator now this?
2015-5-7
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

FoxSTI Posted at 2015-5-8 11:16
OS only? WTH. come one DJI! first the simulator now this?

Just tried it!! pretty neat!!! I wonder how much data is consuming while broadcasting!!
2015-5-7
Use props
EdgyMedia
lvl.4

Japan

GENETTICO Posted at 2015-5-8 11:36
Just tried it!! pretty neat!!! I wonder how much data is consuming while broadcasting!!

It is pretty cool. I am curious about the Data consumption myself. I was going through my iPhone LTE connection, but neglected to check how strong my signal was. I have a WiMax2 hotspot I will try with later on. (Wimax in Japan is actually pretty good, not the complete miss that is was in the US.)
I am also going to try a set-up in the house to live stream using the camera and mic, but without flying Should be interesting. I'll be able to use my home's connection so it should be completely smooth.
2015-5-7
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

so no android.. ?
2015-5-8
Use props
EdgyMedia
lvl.4

Japan

It looks like it will be in a later release for android. Ronnydsosa did a decomplie on the code and said that the hooks are there for it, but it hasn't been implemented yet. The Link for that thread is here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=14163 (his was down near the bottom for me, 5-8 5:02 am)
But for now, just iOS.

It sucks for the android users, but I understand why they did it that way. A lot of the code necessary for that kind of operation come with the iOS environment and is handled "outside" of the app (or that is one way to think of it). It is a lot easier to do some of those things in iOS because apple did a chunk of the heavy lifting on the programming side before the app programmer started. In android, a lot of those calls are device dependent. (That said, I don't really do much in the way of coding. That is just what I have gotten from reading and a few podcasts and I may be completely wrong. I don't even play one on TV. {But I could, if someone were to hire me!! hint hint})
2015-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules