Signal loss when switching mode
1200 20 2018-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cyborg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123960 ft
Singapore

I have been facing this issue on and off right from when I got the MA. When I switch the recording mode (video to photo or vice versa) MA gets disconnected from the RC, even if I have both the devices righ next to each other on the table. Some times it establishes the connection after few seconds, but mostly I have to swicth back the mode to get the connection back. After that if I try to swicth the mode again it works ok (no connection loss). It's kind of scary when it is up in the air and I try to swicth mode and the MA gets disconnected. I have tried this thru both the Go 4 app and the physical buttons on the RC, and I see the same behaviour. Anybody else seen this ? anything I could be doing wrong ? Thanks..!!
2018-3-27
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Singapore

Additional info :  I am using an  Android phone (samsung s8)  
2018-3-27
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51135 ft
United Kingdom

This happens to me as well on my S8.  Not everytime, and I've not flown since the latest update either so not sure if it's still an issue.
2018-3-27
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Singapore

Robothamster Posted at 2018-3-27 05:20
This happens to me as well on my S8.  Not everytime, and I've not flown since the latest update either so not sure if it's still an issue.

Thanks for the info, at least I am not alone in this All my firmware are the latest version and the issue still persists. May be I should try to change my mobile device and give it a try..
2018-3-27
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

cyborg Posted at 2018-3-27 05:30
Thanks for the info, at least I am not alone in this  All my firmware are the latest version and the issue still persists. May be I should try to change my mobile device and give it a try..

Does seem a coincidence we are both using an S8.  I have found that when it's done it, if I flick back again it connects the next time, so for example:

Vid to Photo - No Signal
Photo back to Vid - Signal restored.
Vid to Photo - Signal this time worked.

That's happened several times, so not ideal but it's been a minor irritant rather than a major issue (so far)
2018-3-27
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Singapore

Robothamster Posted at 2018-3-27 06:00
Does seem a coincidence we are both using an S8.  I have found that when it's done it, if I flick back again it connects the next time, so for example:

Vid to Photo - No Signal

precisely that's what is happening with me as well.. and it makes me nervous every time  this happens when the MA is up in the air . May be I should open a case with DJI and see what they say  
2018-3-27
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

cyborg Posted at 2018-3-27 06:08
precisely that's what is happening with me as well.. and it makes me nervous every time  this happens when the MA is up in the air  . May be I should open a case with DJI and see what they say

Be interested to hear their response if you get one.
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

cyborg Posted at 2018-3-27 05:30
Thanks for the info, at least I am not alone in this  All my firmware are the latest version and the issue still persists. May be I should try to change my mobile device and give it a try..

Hi cyborg, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Yes, please change a mobile device to check if it is ok, at the same time, please make sure you have updated the firmware success, I still recommend you to update the latest firmware again: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... orderby%3Ddateline. Please feel free to let us know if there is an update, thanks!
2018-3-27
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Singapore

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-27 18:01
Hi cyborg, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Yes, please change a mobile device to check if it is ok, at the same time, please make sure you have updated the firmware success, I still recommend you to update the latest firmware again: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=141362&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddateline. Please feel free to let us know if there is an update, thanks!

Thanks DJI Diana, I will try to setup with a different mobile device over the weekend and report back.
I have all the new firmware installed, all updated thru DJI assistant 2. I will try to refresh once again.
2018-3-27
Use props
Rob.01A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 128888 ft
Netherlands

Hi

I am also using the S8 Android (8.0.0) but I don't have that issue no connection broken issues.
Also using the S6 edge with no issues.
2018-3-27
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Rob.01A Posted at 2018-3-27 20:34
Hi

I am also using the S8 Android (8.0.0) but I don't have that issue no connection broken issues.

I'm still on Android 7.0, 8.0 should be due any time soon.
2018-3-28
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Singapore

Rob.01A Posted at 2018-3-27 20:34
Hi

Thanks for the info.. I am still on Android 7
2018-3-28
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Singapore

Robothamster Posted at 2018-3-28 00:32
I'm still on Android 7.0, 8.0 should be due any time soon.

@Robothamster  I am on android 7 too, other than that all on latest versions including DJI GO v4.2.8.
Btw, i just tried reducing the S8 display setting to HD+ 1480x720 before I launch the GO 4 app and now the connectivity seems to be holding well. Tested for about 30mins and the signal doesn't drop now when switching modes. May be you can give it a try ? btw, I do not see any significant difference in display quality after dropping the resolution from FHD+ to HD+ while using DJI GO 4 app, so I may stick to this workaround if it can git rid of the signal drop.
2018-3-28
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

cyborg Posted at 2018-3-28 01:21
@Robothamster  I am on android 7 too, other than that all on latest versions including DJI GO v4.2.8.
Btw, i just tried reducing the S8 display setting to HD+ 1480x720 before I launch the GO 4 app and now the connectivity seems to be holding well. Tested for about 30mins and the signal doesn't drop now when switching modes. May be you can give it a try ? btw, I do not see any significant difference in display quality after dropping the resolution from FHD+ to HD+ while using DJI GO 4 app, so I may stick to this workaround if it can git rid of the signal drop.

Cool - I'll give it a try next time I get to fly it which will probably be over the weekend now.
2018-3-28
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4

Robothamster Posted at 2018-3-28 01:28
Cool - I'll give it a try next time I get to fly it which will probably be over the weekend now.

sure, let me know how it goes..
2018-3-28
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Well I used my MA on Friday and no changes to the phone but 1st flight with all the latest updates and I didn't have the problem of losing video feed when switching between photo and video any more.

This was still on Android 7.1.1.  Then Sunday I got the Android update to 8.0.0 and have so far not had a chance to fly again so check if it's still OK.
2018-4-3
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Singapore

Robothamster Posted at 2018-4-3 02:21
Well I used my MA on Friday and no changes to the phone but 1st flight with all the latest updates and I didn't have the problem of losing video feed when switching between photo and video any more.

This was still on Android 7.1.1.  Then Sunday I got the Android update to 8.0.0 and have so far not had a chance to fly again so check if it's still OK.

cool. Thanks for the update. 8.0.0 is not made available here for upgrade. Hopefully soon..
2018-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

cyborg Posted at 2018-4-3 02:25
cool. Thanks for the update. 8.0.0 is not made available here for upgrade. Hopefully soon..

If your having problems with signal you might want to refresh firmware. See below.

2018-4-3
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-3 03:09
If your having problems with signal you might want to refresh firmware. See below.

https://youtu.be/kaz7W9GcTmg

thanks for the input @hallmark007. But what I am facing is a bit different issue. I get signal disconnect sometimes when I switch from video to photo mode or vice versa.  This  happens while switching the modes thru the app or using the physical buttons on the RC, and even peculiar is that the disconnect happens sometimes when the RC and MA are right next to each other on a table.  Robothamster and myself are using Samsung s8 so we were wondering if this could be something specific to the phone. I also found out that if I reduce the display resolution from FHD+ to HD+ the disconnect do not happen, and the latest news is Robothamster reporting that he do not face the issue after installing all the latest updates and android 8.0.0. I am also on all the latest firmware except the android version.
2018-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

cyborg Posted at 2018-4-3 04:16
thanks for the input @hallmark007. But what I am facing is a bit different issue. I get signal disconnect sometimes when I switch from video to photo mode or vice versa.  This  happens while switching the modes thru the app or using the physical buttons on the RC, and even peculiar is that the disconnect happens sometimes when the RC and MA are right next to each other on a table.  Robothamster and myself are using Samsung s8 so we were wondering if this could be something specific to the phone. I also found out that if I reduce the display resolution from FHD+ to HD+ the disconnect do not happen, and the latest news is Robothamster reporting that he do not face the issue after installing all the latest updates and android 8.0.0. I am also on all the latest firmware except the android version.

I was more thinking that a firmware refresh on assistant might help. But I understand with so many different android phones that they’re can be problems. Hope you get sorted..
2018-4-3
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-3 04:20
I was more thinking that a firmware refresh on assistant might help. But I understand with so many different android phones that they’re can be problems. Hope you get sorted..

I was facing this issue with the previous firmware too. I will still try a refresh and see if it makes any difference.  Will report back..
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules