Anti-Flicker
31383 6 2018-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spacer2711
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627979 ft
Netherlands

Can someone explain to me what the Anti-Flicker function means. What makes the different between 50 Hz and/or 60 Hz?
2018-3-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anti flicker needs to be considered only when filming indoors under artificial light. In the U.K and some other countries, the current in the mains supply alternates between positive and negative values at 50 Hz, or 50 times per second. At points during this cycle the current is of zero value, so the light is effectively flickering on and off 100 times per second (180 & 360 degrees). The Anti-flicker compensates for any affect this might have on the video which is operating at whichever frame rate the user has selected 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 fps etc.

In the U.S A (and others) the frequency of the main electric supply is set at 60Hz, with the same affects on video, but at a faster rate.

Hence the two available settings 50 or 60 Hz.

2018-3-27
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-27 09:04
Anti flicker needs to be considered only when filming indoors under artificial light. In the U.K and some other countries, the current in the mains supply alternates between positive and negative values at 50 Hz, or 50 times per second. At points during this cycle the current is of zero value, so the light is effectively flickering on and off 100 times per second (180 & 360 degrees). The Anti-flicker compensates for any affect this might have on the video which is operating at whichever frame rate the user has selected 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 fps etc.

In the U.S A (and others) the frequency of the main electric supply is set at 60Hz, with the same affects on video, but at a faster rate.

That was some nice explanation!

I learned the difference between 50 and 60 hertz in some other way:
I used to collect electrical clocks, those you plug into the wall outlet.
For some american clocks I bought a voltage converter to run them at 110V.

Everything was nice until I noticed after a day they were far off. Can't remember if it was too slow or fast.
It took me a while to figure it was due to the Hertz rate ;-)

2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Anti Flicker is a setting that you should check if you are in a room with fluorescent lights or you plan on shooting a television screen. Often when using a camera in these environments, there is a noticeable flicker in the image. This setting helps reduce flicker. Whether it is 50Hz or 60Hz depends on the local regulations.
2018-3-27
Use props
Spacer2711
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627979 ft
Netherlands

Thanks all for your information. It is now clear to me why I have to choose 50 Hz (my region).
2018-3-28
Use props
Solo1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383238 ft
United States

Ok so here's a question. I have anti flicker as an option but its greyed out and I cant select any of the options.  How do you even use this setting or is it something with my drone?
2019-7-29
Use props
djiuser_zAEMhlORX0VT
New

Israel

Solo1 Posted at 7-29 20:31
Ok so here's a question. I have anti flicker as an option but its greyed out and I cant select any of the options.  How do you even use this setting or is it something with my drone?

Hi
Anti flicker is disabled when camera settings are on Manual. If you change the settings to A or S than you control the anti-flicker.
2019-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules