Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cannot Read Firmware List
1751 25 2018-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

I pulg in my P4P to DJI Assistant. It comes up but under the first heading ' Firmware' I get a message saying '"Cannot read firmware list retry". That's all it ever says. Any ideas?
2018-3-27
Use props
fansa017bfa8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175492 ft
United States

I had the same issue on my Win 10 PC. I could see the list on my Surface PRO 4. I resolved the problem by reinstalling windows 10.
2018-3-27
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>

Have you installed the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 software?
2018-3-27
Use props
lvl.4

HellStream Posted at 2018-3-27 17:55
Have you installed the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 software?

I have the latest DJI software. I'm not going to reinstall Win 10 just for this. There has to be another way.
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Do you download the DJI Assistant 2 from the corresponding page? If yes, please make sure there is solid internet and try to refresh the page to see whether it works.
2018-3-27
Use props
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-27 19:33
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Do you download the DJI Assistant 2 from the corresponding page? If yes, please make sure there is solid internet and try to refresh the page to see whether it works.

Hi,
Yes, I downloaded it directly from DJI's website. It just won't work. I've only had the drone a few days. Also, sometimes when I turn on the remote it says there is some database update available and to connect the drone, but when I do nothing happens. The notification only happens sometimes.
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-3-27 20:05
Hi,
Yes, I downloaded it directly from DJI's website. It just won't work. I've only had the drone a few days. Also, sometimes when I turn on the remote it says there is some database update available and to connect the drone, but when I do nothing happens. The notification only happens sometimes.

Could you read the version number when connected DJI GO App? Please post the screenshots of about page and firmware list if applicable, we'd like to check the exact status.
2018-3-27
Use props
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-27 23:49
Could you read the version number when connected DJI GO App? Please post the screenshots of about page and firmware list if applicable, we'd like to check the exact status.

Sorry, how do i do this?
2018-3-28
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 889688 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-3-28 08:06
Sorry, how do i do this?

To take a screen shot in the GO app would depend on your phone or tablet. Most iPhone models it is usually the home button and sleep button pressed together, iPads maybe the same. In Android it's the power button and volume down button at the same time. Just press on the buttons of your device for 2 seconds and the click of a camera sound will be made. You may need to google your individual device as it may vary. Once you've got all the shots you need they will be stored in the default folder marked Screenshots and if you have a cloud it will be in the same folder on your desktop wherever you have it setup.
2018-3-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Which version of Assistant 2?

A new 1.2.3 was released few days ago for the P4 Pro (Ver. 1.2.3 now.).  Odd the P4 Standard is still showing 1.2.0.  I had issues with 1.2.2 (Captcha code refused to work right in Windows 10-64x.)  and I had to go back to 1.2.0 which worked.  Haven't tried 1.2.3 yet since mine is grounded having installed the .700 "Shake, Wobble & Howl" firmware (ahem!).

Sounds like the issue to get these things to work right people are resorting to rolling back their firmware versions.
2018-3-28
Use props
lvl.4
United States

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-3-28 08:37
To take a screen shot in the GO app would depend on your phone or tablet. Most iPhone models it is usually the home button and sleep button pressed together, iPads maybe the same. In Android it's the power button and volume down button at the same time. Just press on the buttons of your device for 2 seconds and the click of a camera sound will be made. You may need to google your individual device as it may vary. Once you've got all the shots you need they will be stored in the default folder marked Screenshots and if you have a cloud it will be in the same folder on your desktop wherever you have it setup.
[view_image]

Sorry, I know how to take a screenshot I'm just not sure what she's asking.
2018-3-28
Use props
lvl.4
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-3-28 09:00
Which version of Assistant 2?

A new 1.2.3 was released few days ago for the P4 Pro (Ver. 1.2.3 now.).  Odd the P4 Standard is still showing 1.2.0.  I had issues with 1.2.2 (Captcha code refused to work right in Windows 10-64x.)  and I had to go back to 1.2.0 which worked.  Haven't tried 1.2.3 yet since mine is grounded having installed the .700 "Shake, Wobble & Howl" firmware (ahem!).

I would appear to have v1.2-2
2018-3-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-3-28 09:35
I would appear to have v1.2-2

Try the new one for P4 Pro+, version 1.2.3, and see how it goes.  Like I said, I had issues with 1.2.2 but on a P4 Std.

I wish DJI would get their versions consistent as with 1.2.0 still on the P4 Std. webpage, but others are 1.2.2 or 1.2.3.  I have the I2 which is now 1.2.3 but do I also keep 1.2.0 for the P4 Std.?  Can't have both as old one is overwritten for new one which wipes out older 1.2.0.  Very messy software.

DJI should come out with a base software application and smaller individual modules loaded for their product line as it grows.  Somewhat like DxO did with their Optics Pro and PhotoLab software where  the base application is installed, and then one picks what camera body and what lenses to install into it since there are thousands of body and lens combinations out there.

Good luck!
2018-3-28
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is a link to a Mavic Pro page that came up in another thread listing both PC and Mac versions of v1.2.3, it will be the same assistant tool for Phantoms, Mavics or Sparks although I did read somewhere that once past a certain update number you should do the updates from the GO /GO4 app so might be worth checking that out too.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Ps to check the current f/w verion for your controller you can launch the app, but before going into camera mode press and hold the 3 lines at the top right of the screen for 5-10 seconds and the firmware page opens listing all possible updates or downgrades available.
2018-3-28
Use props
lvl.4
United States

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-3-28 10:24
Here is a link to a Mavic Pro page that came up in another thread listing both PC and Mac versions of v1.2.3, it will be the same assistant tool for Phantoms, Mavics or Sparks although I did read somewhere that once past a certain update number you should do the updates from the GO /GO4 app so might be worth checking that out too.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Thanks, I got that link.
Good info. Appreciate it.
2018-3-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-3-28 14:39
Thanks, I got that link.
Good info. Appreciate it.

Also, and just in case, reboot your PC into maintenance mode and disable driver signature enforcement, prior to re-installing Ass2. Google for instructions to do this. I doubt that that's what's impacting access to DJI's server for the firmware list, but it wouldn't hurt.

This is necessary for some installations because the Vision drivers used by Ass2 to do VPS calibration are not properly digitally signed, and the Ass2 software installation process silently refuses to install those drivers as a result. With enforcement disabled, you'll be prompted whether you want to install them after all - in which case you say Yes.

Otherwise, it could be that your anti-virus or firewall software is preventing Ass2 access to the DJI server. You could temporarily disable your anti-virus to quickly check.
2018-3-28
Use props
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-3-28 16:57
Also, and just in case, reboot your PC into maintenance mode and disable driver signature enforcement, prior to re-installing Ass2. Google for instructions to do this. I doubt that that's what's impacting access to DJI's server for the firmware list, but it wouldn't hurt.

This is necessary for some installations because the Vision drivers used by Ass2 to do VPS calibration are not properly digitally signed, and the Ass2 software installation process silently refuses to install those drivers as a result. With enforcement disabled, you'll be prompted whether you want to install them after all - in which case you say Yes.

Wow, I never would have thought of this. I don't have any anti-virus.
Thanks.
2018-3-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-3-28 17:50
Wow, I never would have thought of this. I don't have any anti-virus.
Thanks.

Whaaaat? No anti-virus? Not even Windows Defender? Erk!
2018-3-28
Use props
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-3-28 18:14
Whaaaat? No anti-virus? Not even Windows Defender? Erk!

Oh, well, yeah, got that.
2018-3-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-3-28 18:28
Oh, well, yeah, got that.

Umm, well, that's for anti-virus and links into Windows Firewall...
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-3-28 08:06
Sorry, how do i do this?

Make a screenshot of the DJI Assistant 2 interface when the drone is connected to the PC and upload here, or you can just take a picture of the firmware list. Thank you.
2018-3-28
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Right click on the windows button/icon bottom left  of your screen, choose device manager, see if there are any yellow exclamation marks, best to rule out any thing USB, Have you tried a different cable? or USB socket.

The above ruled out, uninstall DJI assistant, reboot the PC/Lappy and then reinstall the latest version, do it even if you have the latest version installed already.

Connect to the PC/Lappy 1st then turn on the drone.

Go into the DJI go 4 app, click in to the menu, on the 1st page, scroll to the bottom and choose about, screen shot that page, it has all the version numbers, upload it here
2018-3-28
Use props
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-28 19:57
Make a screenshot of the DJI Assistant 2 interface when the drone is connected to the PC and upload here, or you can just take a picture of the firmware list. Thank you.

I had an error in Device Manager relating to the P4P device drivers saying it was blocked from installing. I disabled all the Firewalls and now it works fine. I'm a Mac guy and still getting used to all this Windows stuff.
2018-3-29
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-28 20:20
Right click on the windows button/icon bottom left  of your screen, choose device manager, see if there are any yellow exclamation marks, best to rule out any thing USB, Have you tried a different cable? or USB socket.

The above ruled out, uninstall DJI assistant, reboot the PC/Lappy and then reinstall the latest version, do it even if you have the latest version installed already.

That reminds of something, I couldn't connect to the Assistant tool once and after 10 attempts I realized I wasn't using the short white  DJI USB lead that came in the box but some random one I found laying around. When I swapped it over it connected right away and I did my updates with no issues.

Glad to hear you got it sorted now Avatar
2018-3-29
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some USB are pretty much power only, esepsh the cheap ones off ebay, i found that out when i bought 2 x 1.5m purposely for the goggles, suffice to say, they are used to charge things in the house now lol :/ Always make sure they are data as well....

Glad ya got it going AvatarAir
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-3-29 08:08
I had an error in Device Manager relating to the P4P device drivers saying it was blocked from installing. I disabled all the Firewalls and now it works fine. I'm a Mac guy and still getting used to all this Windows stuff.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to know you have figured this out.
2018-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules