Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What should I do?
631 6 2018-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wreo
First Officer
Flight distance : 531014 ft
United States

hello, so today I was flying my spark at the beach and everything was fine until I brought it in to land..  when I was bringing it into land and was going up to grab the drone it suddenly flew into a wall and below the wall was sea water.  The drone now turns on but doesn’t show any lights and cannot connect to the RC. I have DJI Care Refresh but I believe this was software error and not user error.  What should I do now?

Thanks for help.
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
Hong Kong

Sorry to hear that. If your drone dropped into the water, I would recommend you contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.
2018-3-27
Use props
Rodador
lvl.4
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

Sorry to hear this.

I can't speak for DJI, obviously, but I think they will recommend you use your Care Refresh.

Here's why I think this. From your description it sounds like when you reached up to grab the Spark its position sensors on the bottom sensed "the ground" (your hand) coming up at it so it correctly reacted and increased its altitude and changed its position to avoid impacting your hand (the ground). Yes, I've done something similar, fortunately for me, my incident resulted in a few band aids but no broken Spark. The props will cut!

The safer way to land in your hand is to bring the spark in close but above you, usually have to do this with the front facing away from you because of the obstacle avoidance system, then simply put your hand out directly below the Spark and use the down stick (left stick in Mode 2) to lower the Spark into your hand. Don't reach up! You'll have to continue holding the stick down until it lands in your hand and the motors disarm (turn off).

I usually open palm it but sometimes do "grab" it once it hits my hand but I'm always afraid I'll get my fingers in the props and I sometimes accidentally grab the camera, so, I think open palm is better if you can get a soft landing.

Best of luck, hope you get back flying soon!
2018-3-27
Use props
Wreo
First Officer
Flight distance : 531014 ft
United States

Rodador Posted at 2018-3-27 22:41
Sorry to hear this.

I can't speak for DJI, obviously, but I think they will recommend you use your Care Refresh.

Thank you, I should of specified better but I hadn’t reached for it yet, I was just starting to walk over there and then it moved.
2018-3-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Send the drone in and the diagnostics will establish whether it is deemed to be pilot error or a defect. Do not even turn the drone on after coming in contact with sea water.
2018-3-27
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 183694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wreo Posted at 2018-3-27 22:49
Thank you, I should of specified better but I hadn’t reached for it yet, I was just starting to walk over there and then it moved.

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

If the drone is still in warranty period, data analysis can be applied if you believe the accident was not caused by pilot error, then the corresponding resolution will be provided, please post the case number here if you need any further assistance, we will do our best to assist.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules