Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 with X5S, camera gimbal not initiating
1489 7 2018-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vizform
New

South Africa

I am very frustrated at the moment. My Inspire 2 with X5S camera won’t initiate the camera gimbal movement. When I startup the drone, the camera rotates 90 degrees and then rotates to either the left or right corner and then gets stuck there. It is also not responding to any of my rotation inputs from the dji go 4 app. This is extremely inconvenient as I just spent a lot of money to travel to the other side of the country to do a shoot for a client and my camera does not want to work. It was working fine yesterday. I booked the drone on a cargo flight yesterday and this morning when I tried flying it, it did not work. There are no signs of damage on any of the equipment.
2018-3-28
Use props
vizform
New

South Africa

I didn’t do any firmware updates, only now when it stopped working, did I upgrade to version 1.300, but it is still not working
2018-3-28
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

When you power up the inspire 2 do you get the melody?

Is the video link working?

If you remove the camera, and then power up does it work then?

Need to know a little more
2018-3-28
Use props
vizform
New

South Africa

Des_B Posted at 2018-3-28 02:51
When you power up the inspire 2 do you get the melody?

Is the video link working?

Thanks for the reply.

I am getting the melody
The video link is also work and I can change the camera settings.

I have uploaded a video to show you what I am talking about.

[/b

2018-3-28
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry Viz,

I assumed that you meant the I2 wasn`t working also.

I suspect a gimbal electrical fault, ideally a swap out with a known good gimbal would give the definitive answer.

Hopefully  there is a dealer or another I2 owner in S.A. who could help, if not, looks like it is back to DJI for investigation and repair.
2018-3-28
Use props
vizform
New

South Africa

Des_B Posted at 2018-3-28 04:45
Sorry Viz,

I assumed that you meant the I2 wasn`t working also.

Thanks Dez,

We have a dealership in Cape Town, I will send it to them once I am back there. Luckily I could ship my old inspire 1 to my location in time.

2018-3-28
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Seems likely to me that the internal cable (inside the I2) that powers the gimbal motors has come loose.
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties, please remove the gimbal, enter Travel Mode and then exit, attach gimbal to try again, besides, did you try to flash the firmware via DJI Assistant 2?
2018-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules