Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPad not compatible with DJI app
23146 10 2018-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans835ce12f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 313763 ft
Australia

I've just purchased an APPLE iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G 16GB Black, MC773X/A
to use as a display for my DJI Spark Drone,

I've tried to download the DGI go4 app and it says it's not compatible? I get the same problem with my mini iPad

Can anyone tell me why? I have the latest 9.3.5 updated software.

RickyD
2018-3-28
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can only use the Apple devices listed here. Other models are not compatible with DJI GO.
2018-3-28
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I don't think it's your ipad, as i use an ipad Air + WIFI Cellular without an issue.  Might want to upgrade the IOS to current, which is 11.2.6.
2018-3-28
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

The old (BIG) iPad 2 is not compatible... neither is the original iPad mini...   iPad mini 2 , iPad mini 3 or the current model iPad mini 4  will work.  I was in the same situation as you... I had the old iPad 2 and my wife hat the original iPad mini... neither are compatible with DJI Go...     Oddly enough though.. an old iPod Touch 5th generation will work just fine.
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I would recommend you use the newer version of IOS device. Since DJI GO 4 needs larger storage, please use recommended devices for better performance. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-28
Use props
djiuser_oag1WK0lo31T
New

Australia

Why would a drone manufacturer make it so virtually impossible to use their damn product and why would they expect you have to buy the latest tablet just to operate it? Had I known this I would not have bought this price of dji junk to he marketing hype also lied about it's actual capability such as follow me .I'm selling the crap as soon as I get back from Xmas break
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_oag1WK0lo31T
New

Australia

Why would a drone manufacturer make it so virtually impossible to use their damn product and why would they expect you have to buy the latest tablet just to operate it? Had I known this I would not have bought this price of dji junk to he marketing hype also lied about it's actual capability such as follow me .I'm selling the crap as soon as I get back from Xmas break
2019-12-23
Use props
NoelC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31923 ft
United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2018-3-28 03:46
You can only use the Apple devices listed here. Other models are not compatible with DJI GO.

Will the DJI go 4 run on the 2019 iPad with the A10 processor, and 3 GB of RAM? According to the chart, no.  Wondering if the chart is just out of date?
2020-3-7
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

djiuser_oag1WK0lo31T Posted at 2019-12-23 19:21

The follow me works but with image recognition so not as good as with GPS.
And people should stop buying apple product and cry because it's not compatible. Apple is doing everything so you have to buy only their product and it doesn't work with other things.
2020-4-4
Use props
Adventure Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2106 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-28 19:27
I would recommend you use the newer version of IOS device. Since DJI GO 4 needs larger storage, please use recommended devices for better performance. Thanks for your support.

He is right. I always buy the Gen 5 or Gen 6 mini Ipads when i see one for sale. I only use these for the best performance and storage. I do delete all the apps not used.
2023-10-16
Use props
Adventure Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2106 ft
United States

Adventure Man Posted at 10-16 04:46
He is right. I always buy the Gen 5 or Gen 6 mini Ipads when i see one for sale. I only use these for the best performance and storage. I do delete all the apps not used.

I Fly 2 inspire 1s. and a Mavic pro2 zoom and 3 phantoms. Well there is more like the Mavic pro. SE, Mavic Air 2. Also, 3 Yuneec Typhoon H Hexacopters. (6propellars)

Oh! I am 81 and retired. LOL
2023-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules